bowflex

Lol My Wife's Immigration Luck Will Always Suck :)

6 posts in this topic

We get her 10 year permanent resident card in the mail, she's excited as she's finally done with USCIS and immigration until we decide to go for citizenship, and then boom, on the card it says 'Unknown' under the Country heading. Her last one said Serbia but for some reason they decided not to use that on this one. We already get stopped at the border for about 45 minutes everytime visiting her folks in Canada so I can only imagine what this is going to do.

Not a big deal but it's hilarious how much everything costs and how specific they want all of our paperwork to be yet this stuff happens constantly haha :thumbs:

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
We get her 10 year permanent resident card in the mail, she's excited as she's finally done with USCIS and immigration until we decide to go for citizenship, and then boom, on the card it says 'Unknown' under the Country heading. Her last one said Serbia but for some reason they decided not to use that on this one. We already get stopped at the border for about 45 minutes everytime visiting her folks in Canada so I can only imagine what this is going to do.

Not a big deal but it's hilarious how much everything costs and how specific they want all of our paperwork to be yet this stuff happens constantly haha :thumbs:

Can you get it fixed, maybe it's a mistake? That's so wierd!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Can you get it fixed, maybe it's a mistake? That's so wierd!

Lol Another good part, I actually called the help line earlier today, they pretty much told me "Oh don't worry about it the card's still good" and that was it :)

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

PHone home?

;)

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Your wife REALLY is an alien!

Haha I'm going to have to search for a zipper to her costume this weekend. If I get slapped I get to come on here and complain about it :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.