LaneAndDaisy

FOR WOMEN ONLY:::IS IT SAFE TO GO TO ST. LUKES?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

MAGANDANG ARAW PO SA INYO... :) :)

HI to all filipinas ( other nationalities are also welcome) who already had their medical..ive a question for u and hope u can give me an advise..do u think its safe or fine to visit St. Luke's for a medical just after the period/monthly cycle??

A lil history here-

my period is irregular or should i use the term "abnormal" and bleeds for 1 week to be precise...and not to mention "unpredictable"..dont know when its gonna hit me....im concerned because i was told that there will be series of tests to be done and one of those is the Urinalysis...i had the same test last week here in my city as my pre-med and it showed a trace of blood ( RBC --- 5-15/HPF) but obviously that was from my forthcoming period and not UTI...(Urinary Tract Infection)

Another history again-i never had UTI's BEFORE (when i was single) but my X hubby handed down that unhealthy legacy months after we got married but was cured long long time ago...anyway, to summarize, these are my concerns:

1.) will UTI cause me a problem at St. Lukes?

2.) if i go get my medical a week just after my period, will that still be traced down in my urine tests and will cause a denial/failure? or will it be fine and dandy??

if u r a doctor or had the same case like mine, would u mind sharing plsssssssssss.....advise me on what to do ..

muchas gracias a todos!

daisy

Edited by LaneAndDaisy

OUR K-1 JOURNEY TIMELINE

06-22-2009 ---- NOA1 09-18-2009 ---- NOA2

10-27-2009 ---- Medical 11-11-2009 ---- PEPS for Annulment Issue 11-18-09 ----Received PEPS Result

12-04-2009 ---- Interview 12-12-2009 ---- Visa Received

12-18-2009 ---- Flight to US via PAL ...POE - LAX

03-02-2010 ---- SSN and State ID

---AOS TIMELINE---

02-09-2010 ---- Mailed AOS( 485, 864, 131, 765, 1145)

02-12-2010 ---- AOS Package Received by DHS-USCIS

02-18-2010 ---- E-Notification, SMS and NOA Hardcopy Received

03-15-2010 ---- Biometrics Appointment in Milwaukee, WI

04-09-2010 ---- Authorization for Parole/Travel Dox Received

04-16-2010 ---- EAD Card Received

05-12-2010 ---- Interview Schedule in Milwaukee..PASSED!!! Thank You Lord!

05-17-2010 ---- Welcome Notice arrived in mail

06-01-2010 ---- Received Instruction Permit Card from DMV

06-10-2010 ---- 2-yr. GC/PRC arrived today in the mail..SALAMAT PO LORD!

12-12-2010 ---- Got my DMV License

Timeline

id like to add on:

since my period is unpredictable but presently showing some vital signs of its arrival :dancing: , i might move my medical sched to a later date if i will see responses to my posts ""not to go a week after my period" to be safe....anyway, we were given until the 26th to cancel or move the interview sched.... :idea:

hope to hear good news from u guys...

gracias again!

daisy

OUR K-1 JOURNEY TIMELINE

10-27-2009 ---- Medical 11-11-2009 ---- PEPS for Annulment Issue 11-18-09 ----Received PEPS Result

---AOS TIMELINE---

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI to all filipinas ( other nationalities are also welcome) who already had their medical..ive a question for u and hope u can give me an advise..do u think its safe or fine to visit St. Luke's for a medical just after the period/monthly cycle??

A lil history here-

my period is irregular or should i use the term "abnormal" and bleeds for 1 week to be precise...and not to mention "unpredictable"..dont know when its gonna hit me....im concerned because i was told that there will be series of tests to be done and one of those is the Urinalysis...i had the same test last week here in my city as my pre-med and it showed a trace of blood ( RBC --- 5-15/HPF) but obviously that was from my forthcoming period and not UTI...(Urinary Tract Infection)

Another history again-i never had UTI's BEFORE (when i was single) but my X hubby handed down that unhealthy legacy months after we got married but was cured long long time ago...anyway, to summarize, these are my concerns:

2.) if i go get my medical a week just after my period, will that still be traced down in my urine tests and will cause a denial/failure? or will it be fine and dandy??

if u r a doctor or had the same case like mine, would u mind sharing plsssssssssss.....advise me on what to do ..

muchas gracias a todos!

daisy

i just finished my advance medical at st. luke.. my advice to u.. no problem if u have an irregular menstruation.

the doctor will interview u. about the TEST treat 1st ur UTI before u go there.. so that no problem, they will not denied u.

they will ask u when was ur last menstruation..

good luck :-) and pray

shiela

Timeline for my Mother

April 19, 2013 - submit the form I-130

April 22, 2013 - Receive the NOA1

July 29, 2013 - Approved NOA2 ( 82 working days)

July 30, 2013 - USCIS shipped my documents to NVC

Aug 5, 2013 - Arrived at NVC Building

Aug 13, 2013 - Got the NVC case # via PHONE

Aug 14, 2013 - Got the Invoice # via PHONE

Aug 15, 2013 - Send my DS-3032 via Email

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

Aug 17, 2013 - Got an email to print the COVER SHEET

Aug 21, 2013 - send the AOS overnight at NVC

Aug 28, 2013 - Accept the DS-3032

Aug 30, 2013 - IV BILL pay and Documents Sent to NVC receive the checklist AOS.

September 19, 2013 Sent back the checklist

September 20, 2013 Sept 26, arrived @ NVC

Sept 30,2013 - already encode to their system

ADVANCE MEDICAL @ St. Luke - SEPTEMBER 23, 2013

CASE COMPLETE AS OF TODAY : OCTOBER 23,2013

NOVEMBER 1 , 2013 -Documents left at NVC - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center

NOVEMBER 4, 2013 Delivered - Signed for by : CEZAR NARTEA

NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - CEAC Case Creation Date: 13-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2013 Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

DECEMBER 09, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY MOTHER ( scheduled by NVC)

RESCHEDULED ONLINE for my mother interview early, NOVEMBER 18, 2013 - PASSED THE INTERVIEW!!!

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

11-25-2013 -2go -- transit

11-26-2013 - VISA ON HAND

12-05-2013 - scheduled fly to USA.

Timeline

A lil history here-

muchas gracias a todos!

daisy

i just finished my advance medical at st. luke.. my advice to u.. no problem if u have an irregular menstruation.

the doctor will interview u. about the TEST treat 1st ur UTI before u go there.. so that no problem, they will not denied u.

shiela

hi shei,,thanks for the reply..

regarding the UTI, i dont have it anymore since 2000..after i was diagnosed to have an acute UTI in 1999. I was treated ryt away coz it made my peeing so painful and couldnt bear the pain...since then, ive no more leaking discomforts... but have u heard of anyone being denied at st. lukes coz of this ???

thanks so much

daisy

Edited by LaneAndDaisy

OUR K-1 JOURNEY TIMELINE

---AOS TIMELINE---

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

A lil history here-

muchas gracias a todos!

daisy

shiela

hi shei,,thanks for the reply..

regarding the UTI, i dont have it anymore since 2000..after i was diagnosed to have an acute UTI in 1999. I was treated ryt away coz it made my peeing so painful and couldnt bear the pain...since then, ive no more leaking discomforts... but have u heard of anyone being denied at st. lukes coz of this ???

thanks so much

daisy

wala paman ako na heard na my na denied sa ST.LUKE maliban lang cguro kung nakakahawa ang sakit..

then karamihan na case is ung x-ray result na merong minimal PTB.. which is ma delayed lang ma approved ang medical kasi they need to examine ang SPUTUM for 2 months

good luck

pag my probs man.. sasabihan ka nila kung anong treatment ang gagawin.

Timeline for my Mother

April 19, 2013 - submit the form I-130

April 22, 2013 - Receive the NOA1

July 29, 2013 - Approved NOA2 ( 82 working days)

July 30, 2013 - USCIS shipped my documents to NVC

Aug 5, 2013 - Arrived at NVC Building

Aug 13, 2013 - Got the NVC case # via PHONE

Aug 14, 2013 - Got the Invoice # via PHONE

Aug 15, 2013 - Send my DS-3032 via Email

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

Aug 17, 2013 - Got an email to print the COVER SHEET

Aug 21, 2013 - send the AOS overnight at NVC

Aug 28, 2013 - Accept the DS-3032

Aug 30, 2013 - IV BILL pay and Documents Sent to NVC receive the checklist AOS.

September 19, 2013 Sent back the checklist

September 20, 2013 Sept 26, arrived @ NVC

Sept 30,2013 - already encode to their system

ADVANCE MEDICAL @ St. Luke - SEPTEMBER 23, 2013

CASE COMPLETE AS OF TODAY : OCTOBER 23,2013

NOVEMBER 1 , 2013 -Documents left at NVC - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center

NOVEMBER 4, 2013 Delivered - Signed for by : CEZAR NARTEA

NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - CEAC Case Creation Date: 13-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2013 Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

DECEMBER 09, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY MOTHER ( scheduled by NVC)

RESCHEDULED ONLINE for my mother interview early, NOVEMBER 18, 2013 - PASSED THE INTERVIEW!!!

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

11-25-2013 -2go -- transit

11-26-2013 - VISA ON HAND

12-05-2013 - scheduled fly to USA.

Timeline

DAGHANG SALAMAT SHEI...

god bless

OUR K-1 JOURNEY TIMELINE

---AOS TIMELINE---

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Daisy,

1 week after should be safe already to take your medical.

I took my medical even though I was expecting my period 2 days before it. I was so worried that it will arrive during the medical process and might not be allowed to do the general medical procedure that day. But it was something I was willing to risk since my only concern was to know if I'll pass the X-ray test and if I don't, be able to do the sputum test asap. Luckily, I passed it. I'm glad I took the risk. My period cooperated also and at least now medical is one less thing to worry about.

Goodluck!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

A lil history here-

muchas gracias a todos!

daisy

hi,

i think there's no problem with that as long as you've said it's gone now. they are right and also don't be there for your medical on your period time.. like you are having your period that day because they will not allow you to continue the medical but instead you'll have to come back when it's gone or over.

I guess for your UTI just drink lots of water a week before your medical. I had some problems like that too but I wasn;t diagnosed yet but the symptoms are really considered to be like that so I had water therapy for a week before my actual interview.

Just ask God's guidance and everything will be in control.

God Bless ! ! !

I don't believe you would have a problem with having a UTI (as it is a non-communicable issue). They're more concerned about infectious issues (e.g. STD, HIV, Hepatitis, Tuberculosis among others). I would strongly suggest you go ahead and go to SLMCEC and have yourself examined right after lunch. It is absolutely unwise to wake up early and stay in line for a long time in the morning and lose eating lunch just waiting.

Have to say that the poking and the needles were daunting for me but contrary to experiences I have read from fiance/es in my country, it was all a breeze for me. First day I was done in 2 hours considering I came in the clinic at 2.30 and the next day, I only waited for my results to be released for about 30 minutes after an hour waiting to get inoculated. All in all, I am considered physically viable to enter a foreign territory as a virus and bacteria free alien in strict compliance of the requirements of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

Good luck Daisy! (F)

Edited by BrianandMerne

Life is beautiful!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.