fred n Dao Honey

Update after trip to VN and AP

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just some notes. I will post my entire Consulate experiance after the Visa is in hand.

I made several visits to the Consulate 9/30, 10/1, 10/2. Yesturday the Consulate called Dao to get a Blue Paper RFE for obtaining updated medical. The medical info expired at six months. We are hoping this is all they will need and a Visa will be issued. We are still in AP 10 months since January 17,2009. At this time I am holding my mouth shut.

As I stated I will eventually post my entire experiance. Anyone that is in VN or making a trip to VN soon and has a need to get inside, contact me, we can talk on phone or chat yahoo. I will post my info for all to review at a later time but, at this time I know they read this site.

In addition, When I was there I invited every american I saw inside and outside the Consulate to join VJ. There must have been about 30 people I met having problems. We only have strength in numbers and knowledge.

Pizza at the THE BIG GRILL was great. Thanks Ralph and Hahn.

Marc Ellis is a very knowledgable Attorney. If we had to do over, We would start with him. He knows the process.

Good luck to all

Fred

Good luck to all,

Fred

If you can't do what you want to do, do what you can do.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Goodluck!!

You may be in the same boat as JosephS. You guys' case sounds similar...

...so how do you know "at this time I know they read this site." ??

Edited by lindal24

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Timeline

Keep your hopes up. It will all work out for you soon.

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

Filed: Timeline
Just some notes. I will post my entire Consulate experiance after the Visa is in hand.

I made several visits to the Consulate 9/30, 10/1, 10/2. Yesturday the Consulate called Dao to get a Blue Paper RFE for obtaining updated medical. The medical info expired at six months. We are hoping this is all they will need and a Visa will be issued. We are still in AP 10 months since January 17,2009. At this time I am holding my mouth shut.

As I stated I will eventually post my entire experiance. Anyone that is in VN or making a trip to VN soon and has a need to get inside, contact me, we can talk on phone or chat yahoo. I will post my info for all to review at a later time but, at this time I know they read this site.

In addition, When I was there I invited every american I saw inside and outside the Consulate to join VJ. There must have been about 30 people I met having problems. We only have strength in numbers and knowledge.

Marc Ellis is a very knowledgable Attorney. If we had to do over, We would start with him. He knows the process.

Good luck to all

Fred

You made this post because you know the CO might read this forum and your entry will somewhat create an impression to them that you're in VN with your loved one and that you care enough to spend time over there. Most people pass with pink never bother to post/share their experience so others can learn or even care to come in to say thanks.

In other thought, a plug for any specific attorney is lame, regardless of the reason. Just my thoughts. Why? sound like that attorney is shaking hands with the CO to fail people so he can make $$.

Just remember, life over there in VN is NOT real! Your money will be worth a LOT less once you get back over here. Back to reality, cowboy!

Timeline

Good luck to all

Fred

You made this post because you know the CO might read this forum and your entry will somewhat create an impression to them that you're in VN with your loved one and that you care enough to spend time over there. Most people pass with pink never bother to post/share their experience so others can learn or even care to come in to say thanks.

In other thought, a plug for any specific attorney is lame, regardless of the reason. Just my thoughts. Why? sound like that attorney is shaking hands with the CO to fail people so he can make $$.

Actually, it is VERY WELL KNOWN that M.E is not very well liked by workers at the US Consulate. He knows the laws, knows the process, and makes sure that when his clients are involved, that the Consulate follows those rules.

From a personal friend of mine, I will say this: "A friends fiance went to the consulate for her interview. The worker looked at the papers and said "You should be careful who you get to represent you". The client told this to the his lawyer, and the lawyer refunded a part of his fee to the friend."

It's not a plug for an attorney. M.E doesn't shake hands with the CO to make money. He has a very high client approval percentage. I only know of 1 couple who had a bad experience with M.E. and still got pink.

Timeline

Good luck to all

Fred

yes it sounds like we are in the same boat. after it get an update, I will post what happens. please I hope you can share with me your problems and expirence with HCMC. Please when you get the time, send me a PM.

LOVESIG3.jpg

Timeline
We are still in AP 10 months since January 17,2009

How do you know when your in AP? I understand its, Administrative Processing. But what does that mean?

After reading some more, it take it its the 2nd blue sheet. the "***Your case requires additional processing in our office. You do not need to submit further documents. We will contact you when we have finished processing your case. Case inquiries may be made by e-mail hcmcinfo@state.gov or by mail.***

Is this correct?

LOVESIG3.jpg

Timeline

That's the AP slip... :):P

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Timeline

Good luck to all

Fred

Dear,

b_weeks

I believe you are wrong, there are several people that are still here long after getting visas.

Have no doubt the HCMC Consulate CO knows I was there banging on the windows inside for 3 days. I Talked to a Supervisor.

I have had good Attorneys and bad Attorneys. I believe this one is good. He is the second one I hired for advise on a K-1 Visa. Commenting of my "lame" act and accusations of Mr Ellis's integrity is an insult and you should oppologise. You don't know me. You don't know Mr Ellis. You don't know our integrity level. I am sure Mr Ellis could get more positive than negative comments from VJ members than I could ever give him.

You Assume.

Good luck, PS. As my son says, "don't be hatin!"

Fred

Good luck to all,

Fred

Timeline

Good luck to all

Fred

Dear,

b_weeks

I believe you are wrong, there are several people that are still here long after getting visas.

Have no doubt the HCMC Consulate CO knows I was there banging on the windows inside for 3 days. I Talked to a Supervisor.

I have had good Attorneys and bad Attorneys. I believe this one is good. He is the second one I hired for advise on a K-1 Visa. Commenting of my "lame" act and accusations of Mr Ellis's integrity is an insult and you should oppologise. You don't know me. You don't know Mr Ellis. You don't know our integrity level. I am sure Mr Ellis could get more positive than negative comments from VJ members than I could ever give him.

You Assume.

Fred

To all,

My oppologies to b_weeks the comments above were not for you. I cut and pasted the wrong name. My comments above are for Dau Que.

Fred

Good luck to all,

Fred

Timeline

Good luck to all

Fred

Dear,

b_weeks

You Assume.

Fred

To all,

My oppologies to b_weeks the comments above were not for you. I cut and pasted the wrong name. My comments above are for Dau Que.

Fred

No problem. I was about ready to go off, because I do know Mr. Ellis. He was our lawyer through the ENTIRE PROCESS.

No biggie. We all make mistakes. :P :P :P

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Good luck tomorrow Fred, I met your fiancee tonight at "The Big Grill" we talked a bit and she said what you have been going through, hope it works out for you! Jerome and Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Good luck to all

Fred

Hey! Thanks for the plug LOL. We hung out with your wife tonight and a couple other VJ-ers. We heard the news and wish you the best tomorrow. We will be praying for you guys and that your get good news tomorrow.

Timeline

Hey Ralph...I've been reading old threads and saw you guys started the process in 2008. How far along are you guys?? Hopefully everything's going great--I'm sure it is...you're with your wife (fiance?)!! :)

Edited by lindal24

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.