cherylc522

Help with EI

3 posts in this topic

I'm sorry to start yet another thread for EI but ive been going through the other one for so long and not finding what i need, im looking for the phone number for the office in belville, as well as the fax number, i just received my employment card and need to fax it to them so i can start receiving my benefits but cannot find these numbers anywhere.

I copied this off the website, did you try this number shown below?

If you are living in the United States, Regular benefits can be paid to you up to a maximum of 36 weeks. The number of weeks payable is based on the number of insurable hours that you have accumulated in Canada during the last 52 weeks or since your last claim.

To be eligible for regular benefits you must show that you:

have worked in a job that is insured under Canada’s EI Program; and

in the last 52 weeks or since your last claim, you have worked between 420 and 700 hours.

In some instances, a minimum of 910 hours may be required to qualify. For example:

- if you are in the work force for the first time;

- if you are re-entering the work force after an absence of two years. However, if you have received at least one week of maternity or parental benefits in the 208 weeks preceding the 52-week period prior to the qualifying period, you will require between 420 and 700 hours to qualify for regular benefits. For more information, please call the toll-free number 1 800 206-7218 ;

You must also provide proof that you are legally authorized to work in the United States.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Phone: 613 969 3873

Fax: 613 969 4017

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.