ikyang

late registered birth cert

2 posts in this topic

hello VJ friends,

I am on the process of petioning my mom to join and live with me here in the US. i am a USC. My mom's birth certificate is late registered, she is 53 years old and had her birth certificate just last march of this year. her petition is now approved and already at the NVC. we just sent the choice of agent address last week. my questions are:

1. Will NVC asked for an explanation as to why my mom's birth cert is late registered? it was late because she was born in a suburb place in the philippines. that time my grandmother didn't bother to get it register. My mom went to college and got a degree, however during her school days no birth cert needed.

and in case we will send a letter explaining the late birth, who will draft the letter? moy mom? or her mother? my grandmother is now 83.

2. Does NVC needs pictures for the DS230?

thanks again guys for your unconditional help.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
hello VJ friends,

I am on the process of petioning my mom to join and live with me here in the US. i am a USC. My mom's birth certificate is late registered, she is 53 years old and had her birth certificate just last march of this year. her petition is now approved and already at the NVC. we just sent the choice of agent address last week. my questions are:

1. Will NVC asked for an explanation as to why my mom's birth cert is late registered? it was late because she was born in a suburb place in the philippines. that time my grandmother didn't bother to get it register. My mom went to college and got a degree, however during her school days no birth cert needed.

and in case we will send a letter explaining the late birth, who will draft the letter? moy mom? or her mother? my grandmother is now 83.

2. Does NVC needs pictures for the DS230?

thanks again guys for your unconditional help.

we got the same situation! My parents didn't have a birth certificate either. They just got their birth certificate last November'08. I never think that will have a problem. Hopefully not! The NSO said that they have a lot of cases like that and if those don't have a birth certificate they can file late registration. So that's what they did! So hopefully it will not be a problem! And also check the forum I-130 progress list..they're talking about the parents petitions and it will help you!

..............Timeline.............

F2A- brother (20 yrs. old)

Dec 15,2010: NOA1(Priority Date)

May 10,2011: NOA2( Approved)

May 21,2011: Called NVC got case number

May 26,2011: called NVC to set up emails

May 26,2011: received an email from NVC- P3AU english(stating the visa is not available for your use)

Waiting..............

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.