ms_jinga_lala

driving lessons

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
Awww... thank you very much for your words of encouragement!!! I actually post sticky notes on my instructor's car. LOL.... I tend to forget to look over my shoulder at this specific corner and that note helps a lot. And I always forget about the blinkers and the hazard lights while backing out... LOL..

Did you mean the written test when you said you were asking about the tractor and DWI question?? Oh... I took the test like 3 weeks ago and it's all still so fresh in my mind now. The guy at DMV said "the questions are not tricky, just bad grammar. Make sure you read it at least twice before answering! " LOL....

Cheers..

Yes! My test had those questions I mentioned. That was crazy. I don't even live near any farms lol. I almost failed the test hahaha...coz of questions like that. I have had a VA drivers license forever, NC was so much different with their laws. It almost got me.

January 2009 - K-1 Denied by the consulate

January 2011 - Moved to India - Yikes!

October 2011 - DCF filing rejected by overzealous employee at the embassy

December 2011 - Tourist visa denied (not surprising)

March 2012 - CR1/IR1 process started

May 1, 2012 - RFE and some of our information was entered into the computer wrong by the CSC

Read about all the shenanigans of my relationship at American Punjaban PI

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
Thinking about driving here is easy

You haven't try driving in India, it's basically AN ART FORM

I like to say, there's some kind of control in all that madness,

I was in Madras when I 1st went to India for a project i was working on, After a Day of Driving, i was feeling a little bit OK about it, then later in the evening I was making a Left turn,

GUESS WHAT?

I saw a bunch of light coming at me, I basically made that turn into incoming traffic, Good thing it wasn't too busy, I had enough time to make a U turn, Needless to say the next day, I return the car, and starting taking a TAXI.

Nearby the hotel they have Auto Rickshaw which is faster than taxi, because these little bikes can squeeze around traffic quite a bit. From there on I started taking Auto Rickshaw wherever I go.

Click on the link, you'll see

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nmsi/2547588497/

OMG, I remember. I had to practice my breathing techniques and just trust that my fiancee was used to that driving and would take good care of me. We did take a rickshaw and auto rickshaw a few times, but mostly drove his motorcycle. There was a parade at one point, imagine an elephant going down the street, a band behind him and people going about 12 different directions between and around them. Quite an experience indeed.

January 2009 - K-1 Denied by the consulate

January 2011 - Moved to India - Yikes!

October 2011 - DCF filing rejected by overzealous employee at the embassy

December 2011 - Tourist visa denied (not surprising)

March 2012 - CR1/IR1 process started

May 1, 2012 - RFE and some of our information was entered into the computer wrong by the CSC

Read about all the shenanigans of my relationship at American Punjaban PI

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.