2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

Whew, I finally mailed the packet off yesterday. Here's the T.o.C. of everything I sent:

Table of Contents:

1. Cashier's check from Fortis Bank to cover the filing fee.

2. Cover Letter.

3. Printout of Our Information.

4. I-130 Petition for my Husband.

5. My completed G-325a form.

6. Petitioner's documentation

* Copy of my Birth Certificate..

* Copy of my Passport's Biographical page.

* Copy of my Driver's License and voter's registration card.

7. Evidence of residency in Turkey.

* Copy of Turkish Residency Card.

* Copy of Passport's Turkish entry stamps.

* Copy of Turkish tax cards.

* Recent Turkish bank statement.

* Copy of our Contract for our Apartment in Istanbul.

8. Evidence of bonafide marriage:

* Copy of our Marriage Certificate with translation.

* Plane ticket stubs from a trip we took together to Cyprus.

* Various Photos of us from our wedding and trips together.

* Card sent to my Turkish address from my parents.

9. Proof of U.S. Domicile

* Copy of letter from my parents stating that we will live with them upon our arrival stateside.

* Copy of bank statement from Trustmark Bank where I have maintained an account since the age of 17.

* Copy of GRE test results which I took on a trip back home as I intend to go back to school in the U.S.

10. I-864

* Statement explaining why I did not file taxes.

11. I-864A from cosponsors.

* Copy of Cosponsor's Passport.

* Copy of Cosponsor's Birth certificate.

* Original I-864A forms filled out and signed with 1040 forms attached.

12. Recent Passport Photo of myself.

13. Form DS-230, Part 1 & 2.

14. Form G-325A

15. Beneficiary's documentation

* Photocopy of Husband's Passport.

* Copy of Husband's Birth Certificate in Farsi.

* Notarized translations of Husband's Birth Certificate in English and Turkish.

* Copy of Husband's Iranian National ID Card with translation attached.

* Copy of Husband's Completion of Military Service ID with translation attached.

* Husband's CV

* Copy of Husband's University Degree from Azad University with translation attached.

* Copy of working record certificates from 2 of Husband's previous employers in Iran.

* Recent Passport Photos of my husband.

16. Contact Information Sheet.

Edited by Der Bücherwurm

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

Ok, I tracked my package on the UPS website and see that it arrived at the embassy in Ankara. Will the embassy e-mail me to let me know they received it and are looking at it or should I e-mail them to ask? How will I be able to track the progress? I don't want to hound them too soon. :blush:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.