Deputy Purple

Typhoon in Philippines - Round 2

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Here we go again...

Typhoon Pepeng is on it's way....

http://www.reuters.com/article/featuredCrisis/idUSSP349560

My wife, son and all of her family is in Paniqui, Tarlac. I hate that all I can do is set back and wait for it to pass.

I hear ya Bob and sorry your stuck worrying too :( My wife's in Tacloban and the map this morning looks like it's raining and blowing pretty hard there this evening. I'm thankful that she's where she is instead of facing the ocean there. Samar and the harbor give some protection from the brunt of storms but the rain is the biggest worry I think. I'm sure most of the power is out by now but hopefully she got a full charge on the cell phone before it went. I'll say a little prayer for yours along with mine :)

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

Filed: Country:
Timeline
I hear ya Bob and sorry your stuck worrying too :( My wife's in Tacloban and the map this morning looks like it's raining and blowing pretty hard there this evening. I'm thankful that she's where she is instead of facing the ocean there. Samar and the harbor give some protection from the brunt of storms but the rain is the biggest worry I think. I'm sure most of the power is out by now but hopefully she got a full charge on the cell phone before it went. I'll say a little prayer for yours along with mine :)

Thanks Kevin, I'm holding everyone in the storm's path in my hopes, thoughts & prayers...

I've done all I can for my wife & family there, they have enough extra in the bank to cover any emergency needs.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thats terrible about the typoon. My wife is also from Paniqui, and her family still lives there. I sure hope everyone is OK and the damage is not bad, also I hope it weakens by the time it hits land.

Marikina City here................my sis in law, bro in law, niece and father in law evacuating AGAIN! as of 7 or so AM Manila time...............................................I have no idea where they are going...................... :crying:

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well no need to worry anymore. It did rain here in Tacloban and there were several gusts of wind here, but that was about it. No news of us being in signal no.1 either. So I think your wifey and her family is pretty much safe and sound.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Typhoon Parma is headed for Luzon after typhoon ketsana. Now, the Philippines declares a "state of calamity".

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aiHdIEfFQQ7M

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Well no need to worry anymore. It did rain here in Tacloban and there were several gusts of wind here, but that was about it. No news of us being in signal no.1 either. So I think your wifey and her family is pretty much safe and sound.

Thanks! :) I'm grateful that she lives there in Tacloban. It's pretty protected compared to a lot of places there in the Phils and far enough south that they miss a lot of the worst of the storms. Fortunately all of her phone services stayed connected so I was able to keep tabs on what she was getting there..little rain and little wind was about it.

Now if it would weaken and leave the rest of the poor people in Luzon alone!!

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

darn im from TANAY RIZAL one of major area been affected :((

Edited by .MythaG-

USAR

Oct.8 2009 - arrived in USA (CR1 visa)

Nov. 2009 -- GC for 2 yrs received

Jan. 2010 -- DL issued

May. 2011 --- graduated for my bachelor degree

Sept. 1, 2011 --- Driver License Renewed ( till 2017)

NO removal condition

Citizenship

Oct. 2011-------- Filed N400

Jan. 2012 ------ Biometrics and Interviewed at same time

Jan. 17 2012 ---- Sworn In

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.