susisato898

passport inquiry

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello to everybody:

Hoping that all of you receive the passports and your docs. without any troubles.

I am going to apply for a passport book and card ( $120)by expedite service($60) and passport overnight delivery ($14.85).

I know that all of them will be returned in separate envelopes and dates.

But in the website ( travel.state.gov) says that the passport card will be return by First Class mail. And also the website recommends to use safety envelopes (Tyvek) for the certificate and passports . Do I have to pay additional fee for the envelopes? or are these included in the fees?

I want to choose with a traceable delivery method ( Priority mail with delivery confirmation) . Do I need to pay for this service another envelope ( Priory mail flate rate envelope= $4.95)?

I have never used these services . So I don't understand very well.

Can any of you help me, please?.

If I recall correctly, only the passport will come quickly. The card is sent through the normal process. Are you traveling soon? Do you live near a passport authority (i.e. where they make passports -- LA, NY, Charleston...)? It is easier (and cheaper) just to go in to one 14 days or fewer days before you are traveling and get it same day/next day (just remember to make an appointment).

If you do send it in, the differences in envelopes etc. that they are talking about has to do with how you send the documents (i.e. your id) to them. If I were you, I would go to the local passport office (i.e. where they take passport applications--post office, city hall, etc) and submit it there. They will charge you the fees, but they do all the sending etc.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
But in the website ( travel.state.gov) says that the passport card will be return by First Class mail. And also the website recommends to use safety envelopes (Tyvek) for the certificate and passports . Do I have to pay additional fee for the envelopes? or are these included in the fees?

The instructions you refer to are actually for those who are renewing their passports by mail. If you were applying to renew by mail, you would send your application and documents in a security envelope of some kind. This does not refer to the envelopes the government uses when returning your passport and documents to you.

If you are a first time applicant (which it seems you might be from reading your post), you must apply in person at a Passport Agency or designated acceptance location. Here is a link to the instructions you should follow

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html

Edited by jsnearline

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.