motoflatdrag

When to file a I-29 F for my wife?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I received a letter from the NVC today. It has a "CHOICE OF ADDRESS AND AGENT" form inside, and a bill ($70 for each visa.) A NVC employee said not to pay it. I will return the address/agent form. When do I send the I-129F? Are they waiting for it? The "FLOW CHART" says N/A about sending an I-129F. But the information below says I need to file one. After 1 1/2 years at this site, I still don't have a clue. Thanks for any help, Paul.

Briefly, the K3/K4 process is as follows:

A. The US Citizen files an I-130 petition for the foreign spouse.

B. USCIS (INS) issues a receipt (I-797) acknowledging filing of the I-130 petition.

C. The US Citizen files an I-129F petition, using the I-797 receipt as "proof of filing an immigrant petition". The I-129F is sent to the Service Center where the underlying I-130 petition is currently pending.

I received a letter from the NVC today. It has a "CHOICE OF ADDRESS AND AGENT" form inside, and a bill ($70 for each visa.) A NVC employee said not to pay it. I will return the address/agent form. When do I send the I-129F? Are they waiting for it? The "FLOW CHART" says N/A about sending an I-129F. But the information below says I need to file one. After 1 1/2 years at this site, I still don't have a clue. Thanks for any help, Paul.

B. USCIS (INS) issues a receipt (I-797) acknowledging filing of the I-130 petition.

C. The US Citizen files an I-129F petition, using the I-797 receipt as "proof of filing an immigrant petition". The I-129F is sent to the Service Center where the underlying I-130 petition is currently pending.

If your I-130 was approved then it is a little late to send in the I-129f for a K3. The I-129f should have been sent in right after the I-797c NOA1(step B.) was received in the mail.

Did you receive an I-797c NOA2 stating your I-130 petition was approved? If yes, then by sending in an I-129f now and the USCIS accepting it, you will start the wait for the the petition approval all over again. This means another 3 to 6 months to get where you are now with the CR1.

You are better off continuing with the CR1 visa route you are now on. The CR1 is a better visa because it is an immigrant visa and will cost you less many and headaches in future USCIS processing.

I would suggest getting help if the guides are confusing.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

If your I-130 was approved then it is a little late to send in the I-129f for a K3. The I-129f should have been sent in right after the I-797c NOA1(step B.) was received in the mail.

Did you receive an I-797c NOA2 stating your I-130 petition was approved? If yes, then by sending in an I-129f now and the USCIS accepting it, you will start the wait for the the petition approval all over again. This means another 3 to 6 months to get where you are now with the CR1.

You are better off continuing with the CR1 visa route you are now on. The CR1 is a better visa because it is an immigrant visa and will cost you less many and headaches in future USCIS processing.

I would suggest getting help if the guides are confusing.

Timeline

________________________________________________________________________________

I didn't say anything about a CR-! visa. I applied for a K-3 visa. Step 4 of the K-3 visa "Flow Chart" says the I-129F is "Not Applicable" (NA) to a K-3 visa application. Is the flow chart wrong?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k3flow

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.