Nick'n'Nat

One way Tickets

22 posts in this topic

I know how this got started. Most visas to the USA require a round trip ticket. It's a pretty big fine to the airline if they fly someone here without a return ticket.

K1/K3s don't need a return ticket via US law, however not all airline ticket agents know this. I have heard of a couple women coming out of Kiev that had issues with this until they asked for a supervisor that actually knows the rules.

If you're having someone fly on a one way, make sure she understands that she is allowed to fly with a one way and to ask for a supervisor if needed.

OK so this has been discussed, but as you know the old threads are a mess. I am sending Natasha to get the cash for the ticket. So where to get them, one way or round trip, etc. If you have any links to the old threads it would help. I can't search now here at work but will later tonight. Just wanted to see if anyone has anymore relevant info at this time. Thanks

I really do not know how this one-way ticket misleading info started but you should do what your budget allows you. I came to the U.S. with a one-way ticket and I was not once asked about it.

I-129F

11-28-05 Petition Sent

11-29 Arrived at Nebraska

12-02 Check Cashed - LIN Receipt # On Check :-)

12-02 NOA1 via internet

12-05 NOA1 snail mail

12-13 NOA2 via internet (day 14)

12-16 Email: Petition Forward to Dept. Of State

12-17 NOA2 snail mail

02-22-06 Interview passed, K1 Visa approved.

02-24 Visa arrived

04-14 Arrive in America.. SHE'S HERE!

07-07 Married :-)

AOS, EAD, AP

07-14-06 Sent all 3

07-16 Delivery Confirmed (NOA's dated 07-16)

07-24 3 NOA's in the mail box. (MSC #s not online for a long time!)

07-29 Biometrics letter

08-08 Biometrics Complete.

08-28 RFE Sent For I-485??? (Sigh, this is what it takes to get your MSC # online?)

08-31 RFE Snail Mail, Missing Tax Info (which was sent the first time!)

08-31 RFE Sent back

09-08 RFE rcvd at MSC email update

09-11 Touched I-485

09-13 Touched I-485

09-21 Rcvd AOS appt letter

10-18 Sent 'Status Inquiry' snail mail about EAD/AP not online and not approved.

10-28 AP/EAD FINALLY show online... 106 days. Not complete!

10-28 AP/EAD/AOS touched.

10-31 AP/EAD/AOS touched

11-03 11-07 11-11 and 11-13 EAD touched.

11-15 Day 123 (Day 68 since the RFE) EAD approved 11-14 email! AP still waiting.

11-16 10 AM Aos approved, 2 weeks to the green card we hope!

11-16 2PM EAD card in the mail.

11-17 Email "Welcome letter"

11-20 Welcome letter in Mail

11-27 Another "Welcome" email dated 11-27, changed from 11-17

11-29-06 GC in Mail, Were done for 1.75 years!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

One of the problems with the round trip ticket is that most of the airlines when I tried would only let you book the return within 30 days of the first leg without a hefty price.

If you want a good site to do one way tickets try www.kayak.com I could have saved a fair number of bucks had I know that last year.

Glad there is no restocking fee. I had to send mine back. It was expensive enough as it was. I started with the round trip ticket with the intention of throwing away the other half which I did and ended up sending her back in 89 days but did buy the one way ticket that time at half the price of the first.

Hopefully Aeroflot is not too too bad. I will be on it in 10 days going to Moscow.

Also hopefully in a few weeks I get to start this whole process over.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Also hopefully in a few weeks I get to start this whole process over.
Glad there is no restocking fee. I had to send mine back. It was expensive enough as it was.
Shopping for a new one or getting back together with the last one? Edited by Satellite

It's always expensive!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

No the old one is history. We almost got back together. She decided she wanted to play around while she was waiting to come back. Three days after she returned to russia she decided she made the biggest mistake of her life and wanted to do another visa. She was writing me all these stories about her keyboard was covered with tears and before the tears dried she was telling some guy in Germany to do a visa for her so she could come and visit him for two weeks. I did not need that.

I have a new one. I am heading for Moscow next Tuesday to spend another 10 days with her and taking the paperwork along. I think I picked a much better one this time. Actually she is from Ukraine but we are tourning Moscow together.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Good luck Turbo! Go with your gut. I know we really don't get much interaction with our girls, so you do have to trust your instincts a lot. Have fun in Moscow.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

From my recent experience it is considerably cheaper for them to purchase the ticket there. Lufthansa quoted $ 5200 for the fiance and son if I purchased the ticket here. The cost for her to purchase them there is $ 1700.

A co worker of mine worked as a travel agent. She informed me that purchasing the ticket in another country is always more expensive. No explanation why.

My lesson learned. Send her the money and information for your return flight.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.