MADforMEGHAN

K1 NOA2 Processing estimates

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hello everybody,

I've been watching my NOA2 Processing estimates go steadily down and down over the last couple of weeks, from something like the twenty something-ish of January. Down to at the moment, the twenty eighth of November which if accurate will mean approval (fingers crossed) in just under four months! And it just seems to be reducing every couple of days. Are they really catching up that quickly?! Or is it still taking an average of five months.

Im assuming this as been the case for everybody else, I just dont want to get my hopes up to much (like my fiancé has) until I know its fact, Im already struggling being so far away from the Love of my life and the absolute centre of my world :( (Like im sure all of you are separated by miles of ocean) Without being given maybe false hope about the length of that separation:clock: .

Although I know every case is different and some people have waited ALOT longer then 5months I just wanted to see what everybody else thought?.

Peace love and happiness my fellow VJ'ers :thumbs:

event.png

Hello everybody,

I've been watching my NOA2 Processing estimates go steadily down and down over the last couple of weeks, from something like the twenty something-ish of January. Down to at the moment, the twenty eighth of November which if accurate will mean approval (fingers crossed) in just under four months! And it just seems to be reducing every couple of days. Are they really catching up that quickly?! Or is it still taking an average of five months.

Im assuming this as been the case for everybody else, I just dont want to get my hopes up to much (like my fiancé has) until I know its fact, Im already struggling being so far away from the Love of my life and the absolute centre of my world :( (Like im sure all of you are separated by miles of ocean) Without being given maybe false hope about the length of that separation:clock: .

Although I know every case is different and some people have waited ALOT longer then 5months I just wanted to see what everybody else thought?.

Peace love and happiness my fellow VJ'ers :thumbs:

It is common for the timelines to fluctuate quite a bit at the beginning and even out about 2 months in. However, Vermont does seem to be picking the pace up, helped along by them skipping over March, April and May filers and heading straight for some July and August ones. I would guess 3-4 months for your NOA2. The average of 5 months is only the average on the USCIS website, that is certainly not typical.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

It is common for the timelines to fluctuate quite a bit at the beginning and even out about 2 months in. However, Vermont does seem to be picking the pace up, helped along by them skipping over March, April and May filers and heading straight for some July and August ones. I would guess 3-4 months for your NOA2. The average of 5 months is only the average on the USCIS website, that is certainly not typical.

5 months is the USCIS processing goal under their fee rule. Even if they're going faster than that, I doubt they'll post a faster timeframe—if they did, they'd have no way to cover their behinds for those cases that do take longer than the actual average.

Also, the return to processing within the five month timeframe has been a relatively recent occurrence for VSC. From the time we filed in March until we were finally approved in late August, VSC was reporting times of longer than 5 months up until August if memory serves. As recently as July, they were reporting that they were processing petitions from December 2008: http://www.aila.org/Content/default.aspx?docid=29552

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

The Immigration timelines are just averages. Your best bet is to get tha petition submitted and maintain your relationship as best you can.

Also no time like now to start to look ahead for what will be required at the interview.

Also no time like now to start to plan when you two are together.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
The Immigration timelines are just averages. Your best bet is to get tha petition submitted and maintain your relationship as best you can.

Also no time like now to start to look ahead for what will be required at the interview.

Also no time like now to start to plan when you two are together.

Yeah im just trying to keep my head down and not think about how long its gona take, i just know that if it does take longer then the timeline suggests that is gona really upset my fiancé, part of me wish's that the timeline wasn’t there to tease us :unsure:

event.png

Keep in mind that the VJ timelines are not official in any way. They are estimates based on timelines entered by other users. If you compare the number of VJ timelines to USCIS historical volume data, you'll see that VJ timelines typically represent 5-6% of the total number of petitions USCIS is processing. This is a statistically significant sample, and the accuracy of VJ timelines does bear this out. Many people don't enter their timelines until a month or more after they've filed, though, so the timelines do become more accurate as time passes—and, consequently, the date often slips as well. They tend to stabilize as you get closer to the date when you can expect your petition to be adjudicated.

That having been said, VSC has already approved some August filers, so you're most likely looking at a much quicker journey than many of us who filed 5-6 months ago.

Edited by Stephen + Elisha

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Keep in mind that the VJ timelines are not official in any way. They are estimates based on timelines entered by other users. If you compare the number of VJ timelines to USCIS historical volume data, you'll see that VJ timelines typically represent 5-6% of the total number of petitions USCIS is processing. This is a statistically significant sample, and the accuracy of VJ timelines does bear this out. Many people don't enter their timelines until a month or more after they've filed, though, so the timelines do become more accurate as time passes—and, consequently, the date often slips as well. They tend to stabilize as you get closer to the date when you can expect your petition to be adjudicated.

That having been said, VSC has already approved some August filers, so you're most likely looking at a much quicker journey than many of us who filed 5-6 months ago.

My fiance and I submitted our petition on the 6th July and got our NOA1 a few days after that, i got told to expect our NOA2 November/December time but last Friday (25th September) we got our NOA2! 11 weeks and a few days after submitting the petition. This was a massive suprise as we obviously were not expecting this. My advice, go with the timeline on the vermont website and then anything better is a massive bonus :)

AOS Visa Journey

28/06/2010 - POE Chicago 28th June 2010

10/09/2010 - Married in ATL, GA

05/10/2010 - Sent AOS Package to USCIS

06/10/2010 - AOS Package received at Chicago Lockbox

14/10/2010 - Email/Text sent from USCIS to say they had received our AOS and NOA1 was in the mail

18/10/2010 - NOA1 Received via Mail

22/10/2010 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/11/2010 - Biometrics Appointment

18/12/2010 - Letter received for interview appointment

21/12/2010 - Received EAD and AP

21/01/2011 - Interview!

AOS APPROVED!

03/25/2011 - Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.