DaleandPat

Does the Interview Automatically get Scheduled?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

If the medical exam fails for a scar on the lung, is the embassy visa interview automatically canceled? My fiancee had a scar on her lung and now will be going for the sputum test on Tuesday. Monday is when she was to have the visa interview, so is the interview automatically canceled or does she have to cancel it, or can she still have the interview then when the sputum test is negative she will qualify for the visa?

Everything was fine other than the x-ray which showed some scar tissue. Pat has been vaccinated for TB years ago, so I am confident she was either exposed to TB and her body fought the TB or it is from working in Manila some years ago. I was just curious if anyone had any idea if the interview has to be canceled by the applicant or if the SLEC cancels the interview.

Regards,

Dale

4-17-2009 sent K1 Petition

5-1-2009 USCIS received petition

5-4-2009 received NOA1 notice

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

8-3-2009 NVC received petition

8-4-2009 NVC sent petition to Manila

9-22-2009 Medical Exam (scar on lungs) will have sputum test done

9-28-2009 K1 visa interview (canceled)

12-02-2009 call the SLMEC for sputum test report out

12-07-2009 Medical passed

12-08-2009 CFO

December 16, 2009 visa Pink Slip

December 20, 2009 entered USA

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Hi DaleandPat.

If your fiancee misses her interview because of a delay in the medical exam process, SLMEC will re-schedule the interview date for her after the results of the sputum test come out negative. Unfortunately sputum test results do not come out for 2 months. She cannot be interviewed pending the results of the test.

Hi Everyone,

If the medical exam fails for a scar on the lung, is the embassy visa interview automatically canceled? My fiancee had a scar on her lung and now will be going for the sputum test on Tuesday. Monday is when she was to have the visa interview, so is the interview automatically canceled or does she have to cancel it, or can she still have the interview then when the sputum test is negative she will qualify for the visa?

Everything was fine other than the x-ray which showed some scar tissue. Pat has been vaccinated for TB years ago, so I am confident she was either exposed to TB and her body fought the TB or it is from working in Manila some years ago. I was just curious if anyone had any idea if the interview has to be canceled by the applicant or if the SLEC cancels the interview.

Regards,

Dale

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Timeline
Hi DaleandPat.

If your fiancee misses her interview because of a delay in the medical exam process, SLMEC will re-schedule the interview date for her after the results of the sputum test come out negative. Unfortunately sputum test results do not come out for 2 months. She cannot be interviewed pending the results of the test.

Hi Everyone,

Regards,

Dale

Thanks, I was not sure if she has to cancel or if the SLEC cancels the interview or if it is automatically canceled due to the lack of no results and no passport.

Regards,

Dale

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

12-08-2009 CFO

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There's no need for her to cancel her interview since SLEC will do it for her.Once she passed the sputum and culture tests after 2mos,SLEC will give her a new interview sched and will get her passport back and forward it to the USEM.Good luck and hope she'll pass the tests :thumbs:

Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Regards,

Dale

If she have negative smear, then you will be fine for sputum culture. Though it is 2 months delay for your process. No need to re-schedule for an interview, SLEC will take care of it. Then, if she is negative with sputum culture, she will have her vaccination and she could even choose her date on interview at SLEC. Sometimes, SLEC gives kinda later date for interview.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Timeline
There's no need for her to cancel her interview since SLEC will do it for her.Once she passed the sputum and culture tests after 2mos,SLEC will give her a new interview sched and will get her passport back and forward it to the USEM.Good luck and hope she'll pass the tests :thumbs:

Thanks. I cannot talk to Pat right now. She was staying in a hotel near the SLEC. The lower level was flooded. It has been 24 hours since I talked to her on her cell phone.

Dale

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

12-08-2009 CFO

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Regards,

Dale

If she have negative smear, then you will be fine for sputum culture. Though it is 2 months delay for your process. No need to re-schedule for an interview, SLEC will take care of it. Then, if she is negative with sputum culture, she will have her vaccination and she could even choose her date on interview at SLEC. Sometimes, SLEC gives kinda later date for interview.

Thank you. Right now I am up about all night, but dosing off to try to contact Pat. I am not sure if Pat is still in the hotel that had a flooded third floor. I keep trying to get her cell phone, but to no avail. Thank you for your response.

Dale

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

12-08-2009 CFO

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Timeline

Thanks. I cannot talk to Pat right now. She was staying in a hotel near the SLEC. The lower level was flooded. It has been 24 hours since I talked to her on her cell phone.

Dale

I hope Ate Pat already contacted you by this time, we have a very bad typhoon and Manila is the most affected place, this is the very first time i saw this kind of flooding in my entire life. Hope she is doing okay now.. Please keep us posted about ate Pat situation in Manila hope everything is well.

"Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you."

-Mark 11:24

as1cF5cFg1X0010MjExMDIyc3w0NTI5NjVzfEhBUFBJTFkgTUFSUklFRCAgRk9S.gif

AOS JOURNEY

Feb 17, 2010- AOS sent. ( 3rd year Anniversary of our engagement too)

Feb 20, 2010- AOS packaged received @ Chicago IL, 60680

Feb 26, 2010- USCIS Acceptance Confirmation ( E-MAIL) x3 AOS, EAD, AP

Mar 02, 2010- Received NOA1 for EAD & AP on the mail

Mar 05, 2010- Received NOA1 for AOS

Mar 12, 2010- Received Biometric Appointment Letter dated: MARCH 24, 2010

Mar 15, 2010- RFE - request for properly completed I-693...grrr i already submitted this

Mar 24, 2010- Biometrics DONE!

Apr 12, 2010- RFE response sent (I-693 complete medical exam and vaccination record)

Apr 15, 2010- email notification RFE response received and case processing is resumed

Apr 16, 2010- got touched!!!

Apr 22, 2010- Case for Adjustment of status got transferred to California Service Center... Yay!

Apr 27, 2010- EAD approved! card production ordered. :)

Apr 29, 2010- AP approved! :)

May 05, 2010- AP received on the Mail :)

May 21, 2010- EAD card received on the mail! yay :)

May 21, 2010- AOS approved notification received on email dated 05/17/10 yay :) NO INTERVIEW. yay!

May 22, 2010- Welcome letter received!

Jun 10, 2010- GC received! thanks God...

----- No paper works for 2 years----

Feb 13, 2012- Lifting of Condition

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.