feelinglucky

APPROVED FOR THE 2ND TIME

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I came home from work late tonight and got my approval notice in the mail. As you can imagine all the emotion im going thru. I also received a Notice of Decison on my previous petition that was sent back last June too. The notice was dated Sept. 16 stating that my petition has already expired, and that I am able to file another. My new approval notice dated Sept. 17 stated that my new approved petition will be forward directly to the consulate. It does not mention anything about going to NVC first,like my first petition. I did notice both petition were touched the same day. I assuming they had reviewed my first petition along with my new petition, and approved the new one. I had attached a rebutal to the first petition along with my new one, hoping to get my old one reaffirmed. But I guess the first one expired so they approved the new one. My question is has anyone had a second approval notice that was forwarded directly to the consulate and bypass NVC????

Round 1 (K-1)

Mar-16-09: interview (blue slip)

Mar-25-09: returned with blue slip denied, (white slip)

Jun-04-09: nvc received returned petition

Jun-08-09: nvc forwards to uscis

Jun-19-09: noa3 uscis received ( pending under review)

Sep-17-09 : touched!!!

Sep-21-09: Notice of Decesion, Expired free to file again

Round 2 (K-1)

(1st denied case received & forward dates at NVC,and 2nd refiling & noa1 at uscis are identical ....how ironic)

I-129F sent: Jun 04-09

noa1 recvd: Jun 08-09

noa2: Sep-17-09 APPROVED

noa2 Hard Copy: Sep 21-09 called CSC said not approved still pending in system (#######!!!!)

noa3 recvd: Nov 25-09 USCIS is reopening case NOA2 was issued in error.(Government Motion to Reopen)

RFE ( NOID) recvd: Dec 18-09 ask to give rebuttal on consulate finding regarding 1st petition

RFE sent: Dec 20-09 rebuttal submitted plus able to front load additional proof.

noa4 recvd: Dec 28-09 APPROVED FINALLY

NVC recvd: Jan 04-10

NVC left: Jan 12-10

Consulate Recvd: Feb 05-10

Packet 3 submitted: Feb 09-10

Packet 4 Recvd: April 16-10

Interview : May 12-10...PINK SLIP already on the table (2years 1week later)

Visa Pickup: May 28-10 In Hand!!

POE: May 29-2010 LAX

Feelinglucky Tonight

I came home from work late tonight and got my approval notice in the mail. As you can imagine all the emotion im going thru. I also received a Notice of Decison on my previous petition that was sent back last June too. The notice was dated Sept. 16 stating that my petition has already expired, and that I am able to file another. My new approval notice dated Sept. 17 stated that my new approved petition will be forward directly to the consulate. It does not mention anything about going to NVC first,like my first petition. I did notice both petition were touched the same day. I assuming they had reviewed my first petition along with my new petition, and approved the new one. I had attached a rebutal to the first petition along with my new one, hoping to get my old one reaffirmed. But I guess the first one expired so they approved the new one. My question is has anyone had a second approval notice that was forwarded directly to the consulate and bypass NVC????

:thumbs: I just received my NOA2 yesterday. It also says that the petition will be forwarded to the consulate in HCMC and nothing about the NVC. This is a little puzzling becuase I thought it went to the NVC. I have read and read and thought I was familiar with the process but still confused. Anyway the good news is that they are approved!!! Still work to do but were getting closer! Good luck and best wishes. (It's almost funny because I just returned from 2.5 weeks in Nha Trang with Doan and just as I return I receive this!! Ia was not expecting for another month becuae process times have been behind!!! Very happy and excited!!!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They go through NVC first.. always to get the case number for the consulate.. at this point when you leave USCIS there is no HCM# on the case.. It will go to NVC get a case # and then on to HCMC in the coming weeks as long as they dont hold it at NVC in AP... Since you already went through NVC once.. not much chance of AP there...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
They go through NVC first.. always to get the case number for the consulate.. at this point when you leave USCIS there is no HCM# on the case.. It will go to NVC get a case # and then on to HCMC in the coming weeks as long as they dont hold it at NVC in AP... Since you already went through NVC once.. not much chance of AP there...

Your words are kinda reasurring, and i had assumed the same till last night. But im not working tommorow so i will call CSC to find out for sure. Will update after to let Bernie know my findings. Hey Scott i also had send some admendments to my petition. I tried to time it when i thought the officer would have my case in his possesion. I think that why I also got a descision on my first case, as well as an approval for the new one at the same time.

Round 1 (K-1)

Mar-16-09: interview (blue slip)

Mar-25-09: returned with blue slip denied, (white slip)

Jun-04-09: nvc received returned petition

Jun-08-09: nvc forwards to uscis

Jun-19-09: noa3 uscis received ( pending under review)

Sep-17-09 : touched!!!

Sep-21-09: Notice of Decesion, Expired free to file again

Round 2 (K-1)

(1st denied case received & forward dates at NVC,and 2nd refiling & noa1 at uscis are identical ....how ironic)

I-129F sent: Jun 04-09

noa1 recvd: Jun 08-09

noa2: Sep-17-09 APPROVED

noa2 Hard Copy: Sep 21-09 called CSC said not approved still pending in system (#######!!!!)

noa3 recvd: Nov 25-09 USCIS is reopening case NOA2 was issued in error.(Government Motion to Reopen)

RFE ( NOID) recvd: Dec 18-09 ask to give rebuttal on consulate finding regarding 1st petition

RFE sent: Dec 20-09 rebuttal submitted plus able to front load additional proof.

noa4 recvd: Dec 28-09 APPROVED FINALLY

NVC recvd: Jan 04-10

NVC left: Jan 12-10

Consulate Recvd: Feb 05-10

Packet 3 submitted: Feb 09-10

Packet 4 Recvd: April 16-10

Interview : May 12-10...PINK SLIP already on the table (2years 1week later)

Visa Pickup: May 28-10 In Hand!!

POE: May 29-2010 LAX

Feelinglucky Tonight

Every NOA2 says that the approved petition is being forward to the listed consulate.

In reality, every approved I-129F petition is transferred to NVC, which runs additional checks on the beneficiary (usually 2-4 days unless you're unfortunate enough to get picked for "additional processing") before forwarding it to the listed consulate.

USCIS does not forward any petitions directly to consulates. They all go through NVC. There is nothing to "find out for sure" from CSC. This is the way it works. For sure.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.