Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Awww, it's always good to log in and See Gilli in the house.... :thumbs:

Awwwwww tonks Sunny!!!! :luv: I know I don't keep up with my VJ as much as I should! Doesn't mean I'm not thinking of Ya'll!!!! (L)(L)

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Have ya'll ever seen that video of the black children picking which dolls were more pretty?? It is sad, very sad that our beautiful black children do not feel that they are pretty too.

I'm trying to find the video...

I have seen that before - sad -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mrs P. - you make some very valid points. i agree that it is a true shame that anyone would not love themselves for who they are and what they look like. all children are beautiful and special....i agree with you 100%

however, interracial children do come with their own set of challenges.....they question their own identity. who am i? am i white? am i black? i don't look like either one....where do i fit in? It is up to us as parents to make our children feel special and important no matter what their makeup is...

i don't believe that interracial children are 'better' or 'more beautiful' than those of their one race counterparts (that would go for someone who is all black or all white or all whatever) but I do think that interracial children are more interesting and unique..

what i find interesting is that for centuries and centuries breeding outside of one's race has been so taboo and so wrong and so looked down upon and to some people downright disgusting(in societys eyes) and when people finally started to do it, the result has been some extremely stunning and talented human beings...

I agree Finesse.

APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Questions:

When was the last time she came to visit?

How many children?

Write our names down...

APPROVED

Congrats Mstee!! :thumbs:

Thank you! :)

I would hope that even if the beneficiary has minimal reading/writing skills at best, then the USC spouse or SO would work to help them learn to at least recognize or write their (USC) name or even the names of their children. To me, and this is just my opinion, it still shows some validity to the relationship. I know that others may not agree, and I'm not saying that this is the "sole proof" of what should be considered valid, but to me, I would hope that it would at least be important enough to the beneficiary to know how to write/copy/recognize/pronounce the names of his/her spouse and children. And as the USC, I would damn sure make sure that he was able to do so.

I am speaking realistically about mi sistren and bredren a yaad, in a perfect world it would be great if the beneficiary had minimal reading/writing skills which is the basis of my response. Not the whether or not its proof of relationship these are 2 distinctively separate subjects. So if a person can not read or write but can verbalize the information that beneficiary should be denied????

Being important enough? This is not realistic at all we are not talking about USC we are speaking of people a yaad where education is not available to all and it not uncommon for a family not to be able to send their child to school, unfortunately I have experienced this within my own family in JA. It is a shame but a reality and I am sure that one of the goals of the beneficiary would be to recv and education when they reach, however at the time of the interview again should this be a deciding factor of approval?

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Oh Sus! I thought of you on my birthday.... My friend Patrick asked me if I had been to the AWESOME purse outlet in NH yet. LOL

You're not gonna now....... :crying:

What happened?

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Greetings & Good Afternoon Ladies!!

I hope everyone is well!

:thumbs: CONGRATS on the approvals, Mrs. Palmer & Ms.Tee!!! :thumbs:LANNNNNNNGTIME OVADUE MRS. P!! LANNNNNGGGGGG TIME!!!!!! Many blessings & a speedy arrival to you both!

Have a bless-ed day!

(L)

Gill

Ohhhh...thank you so much Gill! (L)Now I can go out on "dates" w/ my husband like you and Ken! :lol:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :rofl::rofl: Hehehehe ...It's funny b/c Ken helwehs ah hask mi if ..."Heverywan pon FB, VJ, CIA, FBI, USCIS, DEA & deh Secret Service knoa seh wi ave a 'Date night' tuhnight? Cause em doan knoa ow mi love chat arready!" Mi usually kiss mi teet han tell em 'No tuhnight mi hongly inform deh DEA & FB...suh em good fi guh!!' CHO!! :angry::lol: ...I hope when yuh Hubby reach yuh Full-joy yuh Date nights mi Dear...they were HARD EARNED!!!! :luv:

Bles-ed (L),

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mrs P. - you make some very valid points. i agree that it is a true shame that anyone would not love themselves for who they are and what they look like. all children are beautiful and special....i agree with you 100%

however, interracial children do come with their own set of challenges.....they question their own identity. who am i? am i white? am i black? i don't look like either one....where do i fit in? It is up to us as parents to make our children feel special and important no matter what their makeup is...

i don't believe that interracial children are 'better' or 'more beautiful' than those of their one race counterparts (that would go for someone who is all black or all white or all whatever) but I do think that interracial children are more interesting and unique..

what i find interesting is that for centuries and centuries breeding outside of one's race has been so taboo and so wrong and so looked down upon and to some people downright disgusting(in societys eyes) and when people finally started to do it, the result has been some extremely stunning and talented human beings...

Yeah...but were the results of them being "stunning and talented" as you say due to people treating them differently--being encouraged more, being provided w/ more opportunities or acceptance based on appearance, etc and as a result they were given access to more, and thus able to achieve more? Simple and plain, the overall tone of society is that they are more accepting. Because really, everyone has the potential to be stunning and talented...but are they being given encouragement and opportunities to do so. Now don't get me wrong, I know that mixed race children do get teased, and do struggle with the idea of who they can identify with, but in regards to overall acceptance, I honestly feel that the fairer skinned, mixed race child is still going to come out on top. I definitely agree with you though that it is up to the parents and family of our children to make sure that they are all talented, stunning, beautiful, and genuine. And then we will have a generation of superstars, chemists, doctors, mathematicians, whatever the color.

so would it be fair to say that you believe the same to be true for a white person? or a light skinned black person?

meaning...the lighter the skin, the more advantage one has in society? regardless of racial makeup?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Oh Sus! I thought of you on my birthday.... My friend Patrick asked me if I had been to the AWESOME purse outlet in NH yet. LOL

I know :cry: Cat they got raided -

And if you do find them - Don't sell Chanel ones on EBay :whistle::ph34r:

Raided? So they were illegal? Wow... Ill have to tell Patrick! LOL Although he isnt the man-purse type!!!

Edited by IrieCat

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I know :cry: Cat they got raided -

And if you do find them - Don't sell Chanel ones on EBay :whistle::ph34r:

I bet they set up shop somewhere else....we just gotta find them.

Why?? :unsure:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

because yo a$$ will be on lockdown if you do!

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

WOW, that is the most profound post I have ever seen from finesse! :rofl:

You are so right, though - When I used to work as a camp counselor, we had one girl that attended the program who was profoundly retarded, with MS, and in a wheel chair - The littlest interaction from anyone made her smile and laugh, which were about the only things she could outwardly express. It has always stuck in my head what our Director said to me - We were talking one day and watching the kids interact with her - he said that it is people like her that will be sitting at the right hand of God on your judgment day, and how you treat that person now will affect where you spend your afterlife - It always stuck in my head in my interactions with people - The smallest word to someone, especially a child, can totally affect their life - whether they are white, black, mixed, fat, skinny, whatever -

So true Sus makes all the difference in the world

Yeah...but were the results of them being "stunning and talented" as you say due to people treating them differently--being encouraged more, being provided w/ more opportunities or acceptance based on appearance, etc and as a result they were given access to more, and thus able to achieve more? Simple and plain, the overall tone of society is that they are more accepting. Because really, everyone has the potential to be stunning and talented...but are they being given encouragement and opportunities to do so. Now don't get me wrong, I know that mixed race children do get teased, and do struggle with the idea of who they can identify with, but in regards to overall acceptance, I honestly feel that the fairer skinned, mixed race child is still going to come out on top. I definitely agree with you though that it is up to the parents and family of our children to make sure that they are all talented, stunning, beautiful, and genuine. And then we will have a generation of superstars, chemists, doctors, mathematicians, whatever the color.

so would it be fair to say that you believe the same to be true for a white person? or a light skinned black person?

meaning...the lighter the skin, the more advantage one has in society? regardless of racial makeup?

:wow:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
girl just tryna stay out of trouble at work.... im soooo glad u and z are talking now.. i really think she is willing and ready to be friends again.. maybe just not the whole circle thing again..which is probably best..

okay roger always has his apron on..our kitchen is ready for u lol

I was like why we taking baby steps LOL but I am not the only one with the initial of Z I see.

:rofl: I was confused by this, too. The first time "Z" was mentioned, I thought it was you. But the second time, I realized it's another Z and Quana & DaDa are having a private convo in public.

It's true....they think that locals aren't going to tip or whatever it is. I still fume over the time we tried to go to Best in the West jerk place on Norman Manley & we sat there reading the drink menu & made our decisions on what we wanted while the woman there ignored us. As soon as a white family of four came up & sat across the bar from us, the woman attended to the mother of the family IMMEDIATELY. As she blended up her fruit punch, I sat there in amazement that we had indicated what we wanted several minutes before the family arrived but she just chose to act like she didn't hear us. I was trying to be polite & not holler for her attention but it was very deliberate. She snapped right to it though with the tourist family. After a minute, we got up & drove away. Even if that chicken is so good it gives you an orgasm, we'll NEVER give them our business!

I had to scroll back up & verify who wrote this. I'm surprised you faced this. I would've thought that the waitress would give you just as good of service. Maybe she had some previous life experiences that she took out on you two.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Interesting topic today.

Maybe it depends on the generation. I know my mother & her siblings were fair skinned (though both parents were Black). When they were in school, their big struggle was with fitting in. The White kids knew that they were Black, so they didn't accept them. The Black kids called them names like wanna-be & high yellow heifer and were mean. I think things may be different for today's children, though, since interracial relationships are more common.

Edited by NatPatBen

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i've never really experienced any discrimination on the north coast but then again i can count on one hand the amt of times i've "vacationed" there or done any kind of eating at a hotel

i do remember at one particular hotel the bar tender was on this "yah mon" $hit because of hubby's accent. i gave him a nigg@ please look and he stopped immediately

a waiter in a restaurant at that same hotel was telling us how alot of the service workers there do not like to serve jamaicans because we don't tip them big or at all. that's believable

i'm generally VERY wary of hotel workers anyway so they wouldn't be getting $hit from me

Edited by Bunzarelli

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.