Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
mstee i hope you get to go to the interview :dance::dance:

me too im prayin and prayin for you and my fats too (Lawd please help him be good) lol

jap when do you leave for ja

Nov. 5th :dance:

alright peeps, it is FINALLY time for me to go home!

Have a good night ya'll!

i know your excited

so mstee and mssheka how are you wo this evening

nite my2 im on facebook playin daggone farmville Im good

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Evening Yardies!

Took me all day to catch up.

Congrats to everyone with NOAs, interviews, progress and all that! Keep the faith everyone who is waiting on this process. It's true, one day in the near future you'll look back & say where did the time go. (I do have a huge problem with the registrar's office in JA though....they have to be one of the worst govt agencies in the country! If only I knew who to complain to....I paid for express service for hubby's birth certs & they were never available even 10 days after we had been promised them (and paid!!)!) Anyway, praying for everyone's continued progress. Good luck to Mrs P tomorrow!

Got my NOAs last Thursday in the mail & the biometrics appointment is Oct. 21st. Things are moving along! :thumbs:

Morning Ladies,

Here is Mario's new CD DNA Mario DNA

Enjoy!

You're the best Philly - ((muah))!!! Thank you!

Ditto what Island said Philly! :luv:

Hello everyone, just thought I'd stop in for a moment..

MrsP - Good luck on your interview...

Speaking of which, I just found out that the school I teach in is closed on the day of our interview. I may be able to make the interview after all. I will miss a mid-term(which Im hoping I can make up) and and 2 classes. I don't even care because its worth it and I haven't missed a class yet. Going to start looking at airfare...

Im going to catch up briefly and then Im off to class...See some of you on the night shift.

Talk to your instructor immediately & there should be no reason that you cannot make up the mid-term. That would have to be a cold-hearted teacher to not be understanding of the reason for your absence. I'm really hoping you can make it. I think he'll be fine either way, but that assurance of accompanying him just makes me feel a little better. They can visually see your relationship while you wait for the interview & I think it plays a significant role in some of the officers decision making. Wishing you good luck in getting the time off, getting to make up the exam & getting a good price on airfare! :yes::thumbs:

Philly, here's one for you :rofl: :rofl:

funny-pictures-cat-does-not-want-bath.jpg

:rofl::rofl: Lawd Jeezus! It IS war puss!

Edited by Ellsinlove

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Ells ! i Have a question..i'm gonna pm you !

Vermont Service Center:

** 5/8/2009 - I29F Sent to VSC

** 5/12/2009- I29F Received @ VSC

** 5/13/2009- NOA1 Mailed

** 5/14/2009- Check Cashed

** 5/21/2009- NOA1 Received by Mail

** 9/11/2009- NOA2 via Email * Approved*

** 9/15/2009 - NVC Recieved/ KNG Case # assigned

** 9/18/2009 - Case left NVC for Kingston

** 9/18/2009- Kingston Recieved Case

** 9/19/2009- NOA2 Received by Mail

** 9/25/2009- Packet 3 Sent via Jamaica mail

** 10/2/2009- Packet 3-4 Recieved via Email

** 10/2/2009- Interview Day Assigned * OCTOBER 27TH 2009 *[APPROVED]*

**10/13/2009- Medical Completed

**10/27/2009- Interview[ blue slipped for not having medical]

**11/16/2009- Medical Picked up in KNG

**11/24/2009- Appt at Embassy [ turn in medical]

**12/1/2009- Visa in Hand

**12/2/2009 POE : Ft. Lauderdale !!

Timeline
YARDIES IMPORTANT I NEED YOUR HELP !!! My brother was suppose to be my co-sponosr but his employer said that they CAN'T provide him with an employment letter..so the only other person i can ask is my dad but he's self-employed ! DO YOU THINK I CAN USE HIM AND BE OKAY ?? WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR A SELF EMPLOYED CO-SPONSOR ??? i'm feeling so stressed right now..

Vermont Service Center:

Timeline

Just wanted to come through and wish Mrs. P the best for tomorrow. This has been a loong time coming!

Just wanted to come through and wish Mrs. P the best for tomorrow. This has been a loong time coming!

Timeline
Bunnzarelli, I know the stress for a CR1 is different than the stress for the K1. It was like if they didn't approve my husband what ws I going to do. But I will say if you follow the James short cut, everything works out just fine.

I guess I am taking this wrong cause reading it I'm saying ####### Roxie. What would K-1 people do if they weren't approved? Same thing CR1 would do........move to JA or do a LDM.

I think you are saying it's because you are already married. But, in truth, the K-1 would do exactly the same thing. There is still the commitment...just later rather then sooner in the filing process.

JG, you have said it correctly, it's later rather than sooner. Ending a relationship without legal ties is easier than ending one with legal ties.

Thank you JG and Quana for attempting to explain that a "process" does not make or break a true relationship. Roxcie just when I think you may be okay...you go and type something so insensitive...and excuse my french IGNORANT that I don't even have the strength to shake my head. I am a K1 filer that has been in a LOVING COMMITTED relationship for 5 years...my relationship would not end simply because the government said no. We would have figured out another course of action to give our love and relationship a fighting chance. Are you really saying that if you were denied, you would walk away from Joel...and your biggest worry is the legal ramifications of severing ties? WOW...and we wonder why the divorce rate is so high.

Your pain and mental anguish was no harder than any of the other people waiting to be reunited with their loved ones...married or not. Believe that.

Not one single solitary aspect of this process is easy for anyone concerned...how narcissistic of you! You may be able to have a cheerleading section in the CR1 forums with this backwards...nonsensical way of thinking...but I for one am sick of it. Get over yourself and the fact that YOU CHOSE to get married first and live separately from your husband. The processing time is clearly spelled out that it will be longer for spouses instead of fiance's...wayyyy before you made the MATURE ADULT decision to go with the longer of the two. You opted to marry prior to filing...and that reason was yours and Joel's...it is respected here. So why not give other couples that make the best decision for their situation the same respect?

I'm so tired of people thinking that their individual situation is far worse or more important than the next person. Man...I said I wouldn't do this again...but I had to get that off my chest. What happened to comradarie and having a little compassion for the rest of the yardie women that did decide to file K1? Then you had the nerve to thumb your nose at JG (another K1 filer). GEEEZZZZ!!!

Do me a favor when you try to respond...please use spell check first so I don't have to ask you to clarify your response.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
YARDIES IMPORTANT I NEED YOUR HELP !!! My brother was suppose to be my co-sponosr but his employer said that they CAN'T provide him with an employment letter..so the only other person i can ask is my dad but he's self-employed ! DO YOU THINK I CAN USE HIM AND BE OKAY ?? WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR A SELF EMPLOYED CO-SPONSOR ??? i'm feeling so stressed right now..

Heavensent from what I have read...the employee letter is not a REQUIREMENT...but rather one way to verify income. Your co-sponsor should be fine with his tax returns, paystubs, etc. The Embassy normally only looks at the tax returns when the income is sufficient. If he were using assets to met the requirements, then I would say that the letter may be a requirement.

The letter from your employer cannot be the only proof that you use to support or prove your income...it only serves to show that he was still gainfully employed at the time of the letter. Question: who did your brother ask to provide the letter? Maybe he should try the HR department or a member of management.

Don't stress unduly...it will all work out in the end. ((((Heavensent))))

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

maybe i am missing something here

but i think roxie's comment is being taken waaaaaaaaaaay too seriously

i don't know her history, maybe there is more to this than meets the eye but i just think perhaps a little too much is being read into

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

i don't know her history, maybe there is more to this than meets the eye but i just think perhaps a little too much is being read into

No...this has been a constant banter from Roxcie that CR1s get penalized by the government because they decided to get married first...and they are more committed to their mates than K1 filers...the whole gauntlet. She and others are of the mindset that K1 visas should be processed after CR1 visas because they are really "family" and 100% committed and K1s are not.

I usually ignore her posts just because of this...but it's just the same tired violin playing over and over with her...and it got to me tonight. Trust me I'm not reading more into what she posted. I'm used to people saying I take things waaaaaaaaaay too seriously...but I just can't stomach self-pitying ignorance as an excuse to discount someone else's feelings.

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Timeline

apparently some of my post got chopped off

i think what she's really trying to say is there is a greater sense of permanency with a marriage

not to say an engagement is not valid and permanent

but you are legally bound as a wedded couple, so any challenges pose not just a matter of the heart but a legal matter

maybe she could have expressed it in a more politically correct way

and in any case fiance and marriage visas are taking pretty much the same time nowadays with maybe a month or 2 difference

i think it's just as ridiculous to rub the so called "expeditious" K1 in other ppl's faces, as it is to preach about the so called "superiority" of the CR1/IR1

No...this has been a constant banter from Roxcie that CR1s get penalized by the government because they decided to get married first...and they are more committed to their mates than K1 filers...the whole gauntlet. She and others are of the mindset that K1 visas should be processed after CR1 visas because they are really "family" and 100% committed and K1s are not.

I usually ignore her posts just because of this...but it's just the same tired violin playing over and over with her...and it got to me tonight. Trust me I'm not reading more into what she posted. I'm used to people saying I take things waaaaaaaaaay too seriously...but I just can't stomach self-pitying ignorance as an excuse to discount someone else's feelings.

i figured it was more to the situation

i take your point

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

Heavensent from what I have read...the employee letter is not a REQUIREMENT...but rather one way to verify income. Your co-sponsor should be fine with his tax returns, paystubs, etc. The Embassy normally only looks at the tax returns when the income is sufficient. If he were using assets to met the requirements, then I would say that the letter may be a requirement.

The letter from your employer cannot be the only proof that you use to support or prove your income...it only serves to show that he was still gainfully employed at the time of the letter. Question: who did your brother ask to provide the letter? Maybe he should try the HR department or a member of management.

Don't stress unduly...it will all work out in the end. ((((Heavensent))))

THANK YOU JAWI ! i believe he asked his supervisor and they told him they cant do it becuz its against company policy ! umm ok ! i really dont understand that..but he was on his way to wrk when he told me so i didnt get the full details..but i just dont want to go to the interview unprepared..what if they ask for the letter and i dont have it ? He has the other evidence ( income tax..w-2's etc..and the bank info )...i'm just worried.. :crying:

Edited by *HeavenSent*

Vermont Service Center:

Timeline

Do you think i will be ok if i have my brother type's up a letter stating that he works at XYZ company but they are unble to provide him with an employment letter due to company policy and just attach his pay check stubs to it ??

Vermont Service Center:

Timeline
Explain what the hell it even means please.

There may be a faster way to have "his" signature on the forms than sending them to him to sign.

Thanks Nat. Someone else beat you to the punch in explaining it to me; but i appreciate you as well.

All I have to say to that is that is the stupidest fcuking idea I ever heard in my life. On official government forms that will follow him throughout the whole process..... I seriously can't say anything more about it cause I am cussing up a storm.

yea i kinda have to agree with that

but there are alot of ppl who probably do it and get away with it

JG, I agree with you totally on this, it seems like ppl wait until the very last moment to take care of these issues when they know going into the process that this stuff needs to be done.

I agree, Rox. Although, I can see where you may have forgotten one form and are freaking out about it. It's just not that big a deal to fax it down to him for his signature and mailing back to you. Or vice versa. In this case, I just think it's very important to make sure all the forms are filled out properly, including authentic signatures.

:wow: REALLY????? Good LORD!!!!!! :no:

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline
Explain what the hell it even means please.

There may be a faster way to have "his" signature on the forms than sending them to him to sign.

Thanks Nat. Someone else beat you to the punch in explaining it to me; but i appreciate you as well.

All I have to say to that is that is the stupidest fcuking idea I ever heard in my life. On official government forms that will follow him throughout the whole process..... I seriously can't say anything more about it cause I am cussing up a storm.

yea i kinda have to agree with that

but there are alot of ppl who probably do it and get away with it

JG, I agree with you totally on this, it seems like ppl wait until the very last moment to take care of these issues when they know going into the process that this stuff needs to be done.

I agree, Rox. Although, I can see where you may have forgotten one form and are freaking out about it. It's just not that big a deal to fax it down to him for his signature and mailing back to you. Or vice versa. In this case, I just think it's very important to make sure all the forms are filled out properly, including authentic signatures.

:wow: REALLY????? Good LORD!!!!!! :no: JG are you having a bad day or something??? This subject of conversation is making you "cuss up a storm?" REALLY???

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.