Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
MsTee....I love how you are replying to EVERYTHING that has occurred on the board today! :lol: You are very thorough! :thumbs:

Lmaooooooooooooooooo you noticed huh? lol Its the "virgo" "perfectionist" side to me....

I was thinking about what Jawi has been posting and I always knew I would end up with a man from a different culture, but my love for Jamaica began long before I even visited. (part of the reason for my locs - spiritual) I even read into becoming Rastafarrian but the thought of giving up meat was not a happy thing for me. Then when I met my fiance, I was so dumb. Didn't even realize he had strong feelings for me until way after I came back to the States. I met a man before I met my fiance and his was cool and everything but it just didn't feel right with him (emotionally). I just think whatever is meant to be is gonna be. Most of my friends are hispanic and my family always thought I'd be with a hispanic...

I hear you....my last 2 serious relationships were with Africans-one from Ghana, and one from Guinea. One was a sweet man, but there was just something missing. Plus, I felt like I could run him and I knew I could never really marry him (though he proposed on 2 separate occasions) because I didn't feel like he was strong enough for me. My friends were most surprised that we broke up because he was in med school and living in Germany--and he asked me to come live with him over there. But after living in DC/MD for so long and dating guys from Africa, Middle Eastern, Hispanic, West Indian, and my black brothers...I just became increasingly more comfortable with being someone from a different culture/race. I think everyone should date at least 1 person from another race/culture once in their life! Definitely good learning experience!

Most definitely!!!!

My2, how are you feeling?

im sore ...my arms are sore from the crutches my good leg is sore ..im falling apart lol ..i am reminded im not a kids anymore lol

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

wow i was reading back and i can see i missed alot .....

Good night everyone!

goodnight

Lawny..you don't wanna teach me how fi cook goat? :crying:

Of course; goat is easy to cook, I never use a pressure cooker... I don't like them. I never part with my dutch pots I've had them for 18 years.

What in the heezy is a dutch pot? Mi nah kno nuttin bout special pots and pans. Do they sell them in Wal-Mart? :blink:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Sorry MrsP - Ask hubby to take you shopping for a dutch pot on your trip

Mrs. P; I love you...I'm LMAO...no they don't sell them at walmart :rofl::rofl::rofl:

the sell dutch pots at the walmart i work in

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:ot:

My hubby is so sweet and funny. He called me tonight...and me being happy to hear from him as usual...answered with "Bonjour Monsieur Langley." He responded "No hablas Espanol." waaaiiiiieeee....we both laughed so hard for about 20 minutes. I know...I guess you have to be there...but he didn't miss a beat at all...he thought he was on point! LMAO

:ot2:

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
:ot:

My hubby is so sweet and funny. He called me tonight...and me being happy to hear from him as usual...answered with "Bonjour Monsieur Langley." He responded "No hablas Espanol." waaaiiiiieeee....we both laughed so hard for about 20 minutes. I know...I guess you have to be there...but he didn't miss a beat at all...he thought he was on point! LMAO

that sweet jawi

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
MsTee....I love how you are replying to EVERYTHING that has occurred on the board today! :lol: You are very thorough! :thumbs:

Lmaooooooooooooooooo you noticed huh? lol Its the "virgo" "perfectionist" side to me....

I was thinking about what Jawi has been posting and I always knew I would end up with a man from a different culture, but my love for Jamaica began long before I even visited. (part of the reason for my locs - spiritual) I even read into becoming Rastafarrian but the thought of giving up meat was not a happy thing for me. Then when I met my fiance, I was so dumb. Didn't even realize he had strong feelings for me until way after I came back to the States. I met a man before I met my fiance and his was cool and everything but it just didn't feel right with him (emotionally). I just think whatever is meant to be is gonna be. Most of my friends are hispanic and my family always thought I'd be with a hispanic...

I hear you....my last 2 serious relationships were with Africans-one from Ghana, and one from Guinea. One was a sweet man, but there was just something missing. Plus, I felt like I could run him and I knew I could never really marry him (though he proposed on 2 separate occasions) because I didn't feel like he was strong enough for me. My friends were most surprised that we broke up because he was in med school and living in Germany--and he asked me to come live with him over there. But after living in DC/MD for so long and dating guys from Africa, Middle Eastern, Hispanic, West Indian, and my black brothers...I just became increasingly more comfortable with being someone from a different culture/race. I think everyone should date at least 1 person from another race/culture once in their life! Definitely good learning experience!

Most definitely!!!!

im sore ...my arms are sore from the crutches my good leg is sore ..im falling apart lol ..i am reminded im not a kids anymore lol

What did I miss? Why are you on crutches My2?

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Timeline

Most definitely!!!!

What did I miss? Why are you on crutches My2?

I slipped on the stairs and jammed my knee.. i sprained and bruised it bad

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
One woman had the nerve to say that she left all her half used Bath and Body Works products for the maid as a tip. #######???

Nooooooooooooo!!! Not HALF USED!!!

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
I slipped on the stairs and jammed my knee.. i sprained and bruised it bad

ooooo...ooucch! I had a bone fragment under my knee cap...so I know the pain you are in right now. I hated crutches.

One woman had the nerve to say that she left all her half used Bath and Body Works products for the maid as a tip. #######???

Nooooooooooooo!!! Not HALF USED!!!

yep...and she thought she had done something just because the maid commented that she liked the scent. Foolishness.

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Timeline

well ladies goodnight .. everyone have a great night im going to lay it down my body is telling to lol

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

Congratulations, Marie.

tonks...mi de yah bout to season up 1 box a goat meat fi mi friend wedding tomorrow...and two box a chicken...what did I get myself into. So many Friday weddings...well, dem seh it cheapah

How formal is the one you're going to?

Lawny--mi juss wen to my friend's wedding last Friday at 5 pm! Mi wan kno wha mek dem choose a wedding pon Fri--AT RUSH HOUR!! CHO! :angry: Mek mi miss di wedding, but had a whole heap a fun at di reception--Patron mek di world go round! :wacko::thumbs:

The one I'm going to is just north of Dallas on a Friday at 6:30. I'm coming from Houston, so I get to drive THROUGH the entire city of Dallas in the middle of rush hour to get there. When I RSVP'd, I thought it was on a Saturday. :unsure:

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline

Hi, Thompson2B.

Goodnight everyone.

November 19, 2007 - Met

that is so awesome........i hope to be one of those old married women still picking at my husbands ingrown hair bumps....

I spent an hour or so doing that yesterday. :lol: But um... has anyone been successful in getting & staying rid of those? We're looking for dermatologists in the area. I hope it won't cost too much out of pocket since he won't be on my insurance until the end of the year.

Me me me, I use dto be so grossed out by it but over the years I have perfected my technique LOL . I will respond in the a.m

is wha happen in yah today? :lol:

evil-sesame-street--large-msg-1131491888-2.jpg

Lawd DWL!!!!!

Hey peeps! I've been missing in action on VJ for a minute or two.

I must admit, I've seen that one simmering for a little while now.

Finesse, I totally understand what your husband is feeling. My mom tried to label my husband because of the terrible mistake my sister's husband made. She thought he was following the same path because he went to visit his sister in NY right after we got married. I just calmly told her that she can't do that because she wouldn't want to be guilty of something someone else did. I know she still thinks all Jamaican men suck...but I can't worry about that.

As for not being able to resist the Jamaican man...that is an all out lie. I'm not knocking my Jamaican brothers...but in my opinion...there are not many that I would consider handsome (I know I know...they may not consider me beautiful either). I don't understand why foreign women have mystified Jamaican men so much. I had one friend telling me that Jamaican men were too smart for her. The accent is no different than that of a Jamaican woman...so why no alluring mystism around them too? (I won't lie and say that Vybz Kartel doesn't make me HOOOOTTT when he lowers the octave in his voice...but he is the RARE exception...welll except for Capleton when he goes into his high deciphel chants...wait a minute...this isn't about me...I digress).

I have always thought it was a load of bs coming from a bunch of women that are attention starved in their own country. Now before you try to curse me, I'm not saying you can't get a man in your own country...but even having a man here doesn't mean you will get attention from him (outside of wanting to screw all the time). I personally think a lot of American men are spoiled because we have allowed them to be...we are so willing to settle for just any piece of man...that a man doesn't have to be a true gentleman anymore. If an American man felt confident enough to approach me by telling me he wanted me to be his woman on the side because he was married and would never divorce...but he would pay ALL my bills...we have a huge problem in our society. This line obviously worked with someone...or he wouldn't have been so brazen to try it with me. My oldest son's father admitted to me that he rarely if ever has to approach a woman he is interested in....he said he doesn't even remember how to do it because American women take the lead now. So, this is what I mean by attention starved.

Then, along comes a Jamaican man telling you all the things your male counterpart in your own country won't say because he just doesn't have to...he doesn't believe it...or he thinks it will make him look weak or pum whipped~~BAM...you are all strung out on Jamaican wood...with a man with two teeth and one crusty toe talking about his accent is so sexy, and he is so exotic. Please!

I also think that if American (I'm speaking of the only country I have lived from my own personal experiences) men stepped up their game, there would not be so many women flocking to Jamaica or any other country in search of acceptance, attention and real male companionship. A woman should never have to pay a man for his attention or love. I thought it was sad that DaDa or any other woman felt the need to even include that disclaimer in her love story...but I just shrugged and kept reading. Jamaican men have just honed their craft...noticed the increased demand and decided to amph up their supply...simple economics in very hard times.

I'm with my husband...not because he was Jamaican or has a sexy accent...but because we cultivated a true friendship and the friendship blossomed into more over time. I'm not attention starved so I'm perfectly fine with walking through town with my Ipod blasting to ignore the gigs calling out to me. I have turned down waaaayyyy tooo many men to count here and there...so unlike what another woman told me "that is the best part of Jamaica...why would you WANT to tune that out?"...I just don't believe the hype.

I have also been pretty diverse in my dating experiences...I have dated White men...Cuban...Indian (middle Eastern)...Black men and Jamaican men. I know that I was never trying to be of that race or nationality simply because I dated one.

My true love affair is with the island of Jamaica and the Jamaican culture because it gives me "roots"...stability and a sense of belonging that I never found in America. So, even if my marriage doesn't last...I will always be a true yardie at heart. It's not a fly by night thing or the latest happening trend/fad for me to try. I immerse myself in the culture because it is no less part of me than if I had been born and raised there. I still have a lot to learn...but that's what life is anyway...a series of learning lessons.

I can always tell the women that love Jamaica because of the man/men that they met while vacationing...and those that truly love the island and culture. I have been to Jamaica a few times with no more than $50 in my pocket and no money coming in...so it's not a love affair because I'm vacationing in a nice resort far removed from the daily struggles either.

Thanks Jawi I love reading your posts

Afternoon Yardies!

WHAT A $HITTY DAY I'VE HAD! Excuse me for a moment.... :ot:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew! I feel a little better now! I HATE MY M@#$#$ING JOB & I DARE ANYONE TO TELL ME I SHOULD BE THANKFUL FOR IT TODAY!!! Thankful for what??? Ulcers & adrenaline surging through my body??? F@#$ THAT!!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Big Hug Ells (F)

sus; sis, dat is not a dutch pot

:rofl: :rofl:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Ok I am all caught up but can't manage all deh reply Hubby is like bring yuh raas back tuh bad LOL!

But i just wanted to make it known this is what happens when yuh Ladies are missing yuh daily dose of feva Jermaine Jackson is love People :yes:

Nuh Worry Yuhself I will sprinkle deh love all across the Yardie thread in the morning LOL Jermaine soon come :devil:

Ps congrats JA P I'll do a double sprinkle of Feva just fi yuh :lol:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi, Thompson2B.

Goodnight everyone.

Hey Nat and everyone else! Our adjustment is going well. He's doing really good. It doesn't seem like he is going through an adjustment period. I keep waiting though. I agree Nat about the calls. The best card I can find here is $20 for about an hour. He's been good though about using it sparingly. I wish he could call back home more often, but it just is too expensive. I'm still hoping Metro PSC will add JA to their international plan. Going back to his adjustment I was worried about what I loving refer to as my zoo (2 dogs and 2 cats). He's done real good with them and even is taking one of the dogs on walks. On my adjustment side I'm getting used to having a whole fish in the freezer. I'm a vegeterian and used to not having any meat in the house so then to have a whole fish and see him clean and cook it has been quite an experience. I love him so much though and am enjoying seeing how Jamaicans cook. Boy can they can. Most nights his food smells so good I'm temepted to try a bite. He's driven 3 times already including on the highway and has done rrally good. He only went ont he left side once, the first time. Now I'm just trying to decide when I need to get him a FL license. Well I think that is about all for our adjustment update.

Wish I could comment on others, but I'm soo out of the loop. I hope everyone is doing well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.