Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
mi hear ya sis.. roger nuh knoa a ting, just my inner thoughts bout marriage in general ya know?? i still believe in it, its just so much breaking the bond THESE days that our parents and loved ones either go thru or didn't have ya know??..

but me and him good.. mi is LOVEY DOVEY and kissy kissy all ova dat tall man dere LOL..

pray fuh dem kids tho.. straight IGNORE mi usband most of di time.. GOSH..

i told him that i think its a good idea for him to be aggressive now.. he laid low b4 and that was a good idea..nuh make dem think him try fi take ova and be dem BEST friend.

but now i think its good to TRY and talk to them even tho they are hesitant..about their likes and dislikes, he is quiet so its hard but i believe he is a stranger to them and he has to show that he's willing to become more than that.. i can't put all the responsibility on the kids to make the relationship work.. all of them being uncomfortable makes me uncomfortable CHO lol.. he agrees to try.. and i know it will get better

glad u are keeping ur spirits up w/ hubby gone.. job not tripping too much anymore huh..

Great Attitude Q

My kids are 9 and 11 and my hubby used to talk to them on the phone for about 2 years b4 they met, just to get that strict figure in their lives, and then we went out there so they could see how he lived, didn't want them to say he was weird :jest: Kids are cruel

But friend then authority figure is good Q

It will all work out

My husband used to send them allowance through the mail so that he could get in good :blush:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

im glad that altho of course there were a few bustas.. i met some REALLY nice genuine guys in ja..

one guy opened up to me how he was in love w/ an american woman for 5 years.. she would go back and forth from us to ja for mnths at a time.. she was married unfortanately and unwilling to divorce.. this woman was his childrens step mom he said, come and cook and watch movie, family time..

he had to break it off becuz he couldn't handle it anymore.. 5 YEARS...

i was like WOW..

Timeline
Exactly! I know I don't feel particularly beautiful because some mawga bare mouth illiterate no job having man decides to call out to me...here or there. I see women stopping and literally EATING up the attention. I was on JUTA going back to the airport and this group of women were on the bus talking about all the men they conquered during their week stay, and how ray tay tay was jealous over them being with xyz or 123. They were name dropping some of the biggest gigalos in Ochi. I said "So what did you guys think of the gigalos calling out to you every 3 minutes?" They said "Gigalos? What gigalos? (after I explained they responded) all I know is that I loved all the attention girl...these Jamaican men were definitely feeling a sister." I turned around in my seat...got on the phone with Jonesie and started talking about them in patois...and they didn't have a clue what mi chat bout.

One woman had the nerve to say that she left all her half used Bath and Body Works products for the maid as a tip. #######???

My husband didn't chat to one farrin woman anytime I saw him...including me...until a mutual friend introduced us. Jonesie and I watched him for some time and thought he was a miserable and mean SOB. LOL

Now, I have had some FIIINNNEE men in Jamaica try to chat me....but I just wasn't buying any of it...not to mention once they really opened their mouths...the intelligence just wasn't there. I remember one man was finer than a gallon of ice water in Hell...until he started trying to convince me that I was going to fall in love with him before my trip ended. He even went as far as to try and put my hands on his abs and body...like that would magically seal the deal. I'm sure he didn't expect me to haul off and slap the $hit out of him. LOL

that is so ridiculous

no wonder so many of them get used an abused and become so bitter

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

(((((((((Ells)))))))))))) I didn't quote you because I didn't want to keep making the screen larger.

mi hear ya sis.. roger nuh knoa a ting, just my inner thoughts bout marriage in general ya know?? i still believe in it, its just so much breaking the bond THESE days that our parents and loved ones either go thru or didn't have ya know??..

but me and him good.. mi is LOVEY DOVEY and kissy kissy all ova dat tall man dere LOL..

pray fuh dem kids tho.. straight IGNORE mi usband most of di time.. GOSH..

i told him that i think its a good idea for him to be aggressive now.. he laid low b4 and that was a good idea..nuh make dem think him try fi take ova and be dem BEST friend.

but now i think its good to TRY and talk to them even tho they are hesitant..about their likes and dislikes, he is quiet so its hard but i believe he is a stranger to them and he has to show that he's willing to become more than that.. i can't put all the responsibility on the kids to make the relationship work.. all of them being uncomfortable makes me uncomfortable CHO lol.. he agrees to try.. and i know it will get better

glad u are keeping ur spirits up w/ hubby gone.. job not tripping too much anymore huh..

Girl...high spirits right now is an illusion of grandeur. My job is not tripping because I'm basically getting all my work done for now. I'm in pain afterwards...but I will not give them a reason to fire me. When I leave, I want it to be on my own terms.

My oldest son ignores me and A...but that is because it's not cool right now to show a lot of love and affection to parents. I will hear them talking and joking in the next room...until I come in...then my son gets quiet again. His father is still thinking he is the best man for me...so I think he is putting things in my son's ear. His father is a lawn man...and told him to borrow the neighbor's lawn mower to cut our grass because he couldn't do it. My son had the nerve to ask me why A couldn't do it. He will laugh and talk with me when we are alone...but if we are all together not so much. I asked him if he was uncomfortable with how things are...and he said no...A is cool. A thinks I'm too hard on him sometimes...but I need him to start acting like a teenager instead of younger than his baby brother. It's not easy raising a boy child as a single mother. I don't want to make him too soft or too hard...sigh. I don't like the silent treatment and him being embarrassed about me hugging and kissing him.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i used the consularkingstn address..i will send a 2nd inquiry one right now ! its really giving me a headache ..i'm trying not to stress myself becuz i know we're almsot there but good lord..thanx ms. tee ! (L)

I emailed that one several times back in the day. I didn't get a response until the time I sent it to BOTH email addresses. The day after I did that, I got responses from both.

thanks Nat ! I emailed both today! : )

Vermont Service Center:

** 5/8/2009 - I29F Sent to VSC

** 5/12/2009- I29F Received @ VSC

** 5/13/2009- NOA1 Mailed

** 5/14/2009- Check Cashed

** 5/21/2009- NOA1 Received by Mail

** 9/11/2009- NOA2 via Email * Approved*

** 9/15/2009 - NVC Recieved/ KNG Case # assigned

** 9/18/2009 - Case left NVC for Kingston

** 9/18/2009- Kingston Recieved Case

** 9/19/2009- NOA2 Received by Mail

** 9/25/2009- Packet 3 Sent via Jamaica mail

** 10/2/2009- Packet 3-4 Recieved via Email

** 10/2/2009- Interview Day Assigned * OCTOBER 27TH 2009 *[APPROVED]*

**10/13/2009- Medical Completed

**10/27/2009- Interview[ blue slipped for not having medical]

**11/16/2009- Medical Picked up in KNG

**11/24/2009- Appt at Embassy [ turn in medical]

**12/1/2009- Visa in Hand

**12/2/2009 POE : Ft. Lauderdale !!

Timeline

And now he is here and the kids act like its ok. they dont like all the attention I give him so I make it a point to spread the love. It feels so good to be the only WOMAN in the house. :luv:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Timeline

Hey Heavensent! What are you trying to get done with the Embassy?

Hey...wait a minute...I am the only woman in the house too. Never registered until you said it JQ. LMAO

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

Hey...wait a minute...I am the only woman in the house too. Never registered until you said it JQ. LMAO

It feels good but when my step daughter gets here it will be different. :angry: Just Joking :thumbs:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Timeline

Thanks ladies for the hugs! I really need it today! Just had a good cry to hubby....even got tears on my keyboard....he's ready to have obeah ooman set someting pon mi boss! :devil:

At least tomorrow is my furlough day AND we're going to see Beenie Man tonight to celebrate hubby's b-day early! :thumbs:

Here's an interesting web site where you can take tests to see how 'prejudiced' (I guess that's the best explanation) regarding various topics:

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/

Timeline

It feels good but when my step daughter gets here it will be different. :angry: Just Joking :thumbs:

So we heard from the California Service Center on Sept 21, 2009 for my step daughter. They said her I130 was approved after 4 months so now they will forward to NVC/

Question

How does it work for the kids when they are there and come here to be transferred to school. I want her to start on time and she is in a school until next July and she will start regular school there in Jamaica. But then will she have to start Kindergarten here at 6 or will she be able to go to 1st grade because her b-day is Sept

Any thoughts

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Timeline

Hey everyone!

NVC assigned our case number today. So glad all this is coming to a close...

going back to try and catch up on the thread :star:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.