Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have no opinion on this any way at all. All I want to say is Sunny scared me yesterday. Today, Sus & DaDa scared the ####### out of me. I promise to never piss you guys off. Cross my heart....the whole needle in the eye thing!!!!!

:rofl::rofl: wait is wah else mi miss...wah Mich do inna di place

Can we all just get along. I was just saying how much I love this forum after the drama yesterday on FB.

Kimmy, I didn't do anything in here. I've been my good self. I was honest with JG about something totally unrelated to VJ that's all.

what happened on FB?

di farrin alliance NUH???

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

nat ya REAL good ooman.. man mi cyaan manage dat..

on the marriage, i guess my issue is that he wanted to work it out.. i didn't.. :(

but what helps is like jap says i do think my kids are seeing a better relationship now..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey peeps! I've been missing in action on VJ for a minute or two.

I must admit, I've seen that one simmering for a little while now.

Finesse, I totally understand what your husband is feeling. My mom tried to label my husband because of the terrible mistake my sister's husband made. She thought he was following the same path because he went to visit his sister in NY right after we got married. I just calmly told her that she can't do that because she wouldn't want to be guilty of something someone else did. I know she still thinks all Jamaican men suck...but I can't worry about that.

As for not being able to resist the Jamaican man...that is an all out lie. I'm not knocking my Jamaican brothers...but in my opinion...there are not many that I would consider handsome (I know I know...they may not consider me beautiful either). I don't understand why foreign women have mystified Jamaican men so much. I had one friend telling me that Jamaican men were too smart for her. The accent is no different than that of a Jamaican woman...so why no alluring mystism around them too? (I won't lie and say that Vybz Kartel doesn't make me HOOOOTTT when he lowers the octave in his voice...but he is the RARE exception...welll except for Capleton when he goes into his high deciphel chants...wait a minute...this isn't about me...I digress).

I have always thought it was a load of bs coming from a bunch of women that are attention starved in their own country. Now before you try to curse me, I'm not saying you can't get a man in your own country...but even having a man here doesn't mean you will get attention from him (outside of wanting to screw all the time). I personally think a lot of American men are spoiled because we have allowed them to be...we are so willing to settle for just any piece of man...that a man doesn't have to be a true gentleman anymore. If an American man felt confident enough to approach me by telling me he wanted me to be his woman on the side because he was married and would never divorce...but he would pay ALL my bills...we have a huge problem in our society. This line obviously worked with someone...or he wouldn't have been so brazen to try it with me. My oldest son's father admitted to me that he rarely if ever has to approach a woman he is interested in....he said he doesn't even remember how to do it because American women take the lead now. So, this is what I mean by attention starved.

Then, along comes a Jamaican man telling you all the things your male counterpart in your own country won't say because he just doesn't have to...he doesn't believe it...or he thinks it will make him look weak or pum whipped~~BAM...you are all strung out on Jamaican wood...with a man with two teeth and one crusty toe talking about his accent is so sexy, and he is so exotic. Please!

I also think that if American (I'm speaking of the only country I have lived from my own personal experiences) men stepped up their game, there would not be so many women flocking to Jamaica or any other country in search of acceptance, attention and real male companionship. A woman should never have to pay a man for his attention or love. I thought it was sad that DaDa or any other woman felt the need to even include that disclaimer in her love story...but I just shrugged and kept reading. Jamaican men have just honed their craft...noticed the increased demand and decided to amph up their supply...simple economics in very hard times.

I'm with my husband...not because he was Jamaican or has a sexy accent...but because we cultivated a true friendship and the friendship blossomed into more over time. I'm not attention starved so I'm perfectly fine with walking through town with my Ipod blasting to ignore the gigs calling out to me. I have turned down waaaayyyy tooo many men to count here and there...so unlike what another woman told me "that is the best part of Jamaica...why would you WANT to tune that out?"...I just don't believe the hype.

I have also been pretty diverse in my dating experiences...I have dated White men...Cuban...Indian (middle Eastern)...Black men and Jamaican men. I know that I was never trying to be of that race or nationality simply because I dated one.

My true love affair is with the island of Jamaica and the Jamaican culture because it gives me "roots"...stability and a sense of belonging that I never found in America. So, even if my marriage doesn't last...I will always be a true yardie at heart. It's not a fly by night thing or the latest happening trend/fad for me to try. I immerse myself in the culture because it is no less part of me than if I had been born and raised there. I still have a lot to learn...but that's what life is anyway...a series of learning lessons.

I can always tell the women that love Jamaica because of the man/men that they met while vacationing...and those that truly love the island and culture. I have been to Jamaica a few times with no more than $50 in my pocket and no money coming in...so it's not a love affair because I'm vacationing in a nice resort far removed from the daily struggles either.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

quana nothing is worth your peace of mind

and think about it like this

if you stayed to please him you would not have roger now

and his attitude truly justifies where you are now

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
Hey peeps! I've been missing in action on VJ for a minute or two.

I must admit, I've seen that one simmering for a little while now.

Finesse, I totally understand what your husband is feeling. My mom tried to label my husband because of the terrible mistake my sister's husband made. She thought he was following the same path because he went to visit his sister in NY right after we got married. I just calmly told her that she can't do that because she wouldn't want to be guilty of something someone else did. I know she still thinks all Jamaican men suck...but I can't worry about that.

As for not being able to resist the Jamaican man...that is an all out lie. I'm not knocking my Jamaican brothers...but in my opinion...there are not many that I would consider handsome (I know I know...they may not consider me beautiful either). I don't understand why foreign women have mystified Jamaican men so much. I had one friend telling me that Jamaican men were too smart for her. The accent is no different than that of a Jamaican woman...so why no alluring mystism around them too? (I won't lie and say that Vybz Kartel doesn't make me HOOOOTTT when he lowers the octave in his voice...but he is the RARE exception...welll except for Capleton when he goes into his high deciphel chants...wait a minute...this isn't about me...I digress).

I have always thought it was a load of bs coming from a bunch of women that are attention starved in their own country. Now before you try to curse me, I'm not saying you can't get a man in your own country...but even having a man here doesn't mean you will get attention from him (outside of wanting to screw all the time). I personally think a lot of American men are spoiled because we have allowed them to be...we are so willing to settle for just any piece of man...that a man doesn't have to be a true gentleman anymore. If an American man felt confident enough to approach me by telling me he wanted me to be his woman on the side because he was married and would never divorce...but he would pay ALL my bills...we have a huge problem in our society. This line obviously worked with someone...or he wouldn't have been so brazen to try it with me. My oldest son's father admitted to me that he rarely if ever has to approach a woman he is interested in....he said he doesn't even remember how to do it because American women take the lead now. So, this is what I mean by attention starved.

Then, along comes a Jamaican man telling you all the things your male counterpart in your own country won't say because he just doesn't have to...he doesn't believe it...or he thinks it will make him look weak or pum whipped~~BAM...you are all strung out on Jamaican wood...with a man with two teeth and one crusty toe talking about his accent is so sexy, and he is so exotic. Please!

I also think that if American (I'm speaking of the only country I have lived from my own personal experiences) men stepped up their game, there would not be so many women flocking to Jamaica or any other country in search of acceptance, attention and real male companionship. A woman should never have to pay a man for his attention or love. I thought it was sad that DaDa or any other woman felt the need to even include that disclaimer in her love story...but I just shrugged and kept reading. Jamaican men have just honed their craft...noticed the increased demand and decided to amph up their supply...simple economics in very hard times.

I'm with my husband...not because he was Jamaican or has a sexy accent...but because we cultivated a true friendship and the friendship blossomed into more over time. I'm not attention starved so I'm perfectly fine with walking through town with my Ipod blasting to ignore the gigs calling out to me. I have turned down waaaayyyy tooo many men to count here and there...so unlike what another woman told me "that is the best part of Jamaica...why would you WANT to tune that out?"...I just don't believe the hype.

I have also been pretty diverse in my dating experiences...I have dated White men...Cuban...Indian (middle Eastern)...Black men and Jamaican men. I know that I was never trying to be of that race or nationality simply because I dated one.

My true love affair is with the island of Jamaica and the Jamaican culture because it gives me "roots"...stability and a sense of belonging that I never found in America. So, even if my marriage doesn't last...I will always be a true yardie at heart. It's not a fly by night thing or the latest happening trend/fad for me to try. I immerse myself in the culture because it is no less part of me than if I had been born and raised there. I still have a lot to learn...but that's what life is anyway...a series of learning lessons.

I can always tell the women that love Jamaica because of the man/men that they met while vacationing...and those that truly love the island and culture. I have been to Jamaica a few times with no more than $50 in my pocket and no money coming in...so it's not a love affair because I'm vacationing in a nice resort far removed from the daily struggles either.

wow...

I started to take out the bits and pieces of this post that I agreed with and big them up.

The more I read the more I agree with every word.

Well Said Jawi! For real!! :yes:

Timeline

smaddy summarize jawi post fi mi nuh

i'm worded out

i can't read more than 4 lines at a time

upherebl.gif

Timeline
quana nothing is worth your peace of mind

and think about it like this

if you stayed to please him you would not have roger now

and his attitude truly justifies where you are now

thanks my girl.. i go CRAZY at times thinking bout the whole concept of it.. but whats done is done and im happy and like u said he is STILL acting miserable sooo :whistle:

hey jaws.. how are tings?..keeping busy??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wow;

Here we go again --

Is this really what this thread has come to. See why one has to be careful with how much information they share with people. Some of ya'll wonder why I remove my pictures from FB (people always have something to say)....

time a come; mi no ready fi bust dem out yet...

ummmmmmmm nice try...did you really think people were going to give you information on me and you're a total stranger in Jamaica (in my DISTRICT) even though the man you were travelling with is a Jamaica;

like I said, nice try --

Q; I really don't know what it is, but let's say I show up in your neck of the woods and start asking questions about you and your family and such...then, I saw a picture that you posted a while back and in the caption (auntie house)...damn I would be so bold as to go up to her gate, tell your aunt that you and I are good friends and if she would mind renting us a room for a few days since we have business in the area....

now, mi know seh mi a madooman...but no man a more dan dat

This is seriously crossing the line. This is the exact reason I only respond with St. Ann when people ask me where mi from. I know a woman that had a "friend" go all the way to Jamaica to sleep with a man she put up a picture of....searched him out and gave up the pums just because...man please. Treachery! Tre I would beat that trick in her throat until she spit out her damn tonsils!

yo deze birds iz wildin son

ow mi yankee hokcent soun'?

rollliinnnn....I love it Bunz! You will fit right in... :thumbs::devil:

this was all a plot by grover

she made up this story to break the mundane talk

Evil-Grover.jpg

:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

is wha happen in yah today? :lol:

evil-sesame-street--large-msg-1131491888-2.jpg

even funnier! :rofl: :rofl:

smaddy summarize jawi post fi mi nuh

i'm worded out

i can't read more than 4 lines at a time

eeehhhnnn. :angry:

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

lmao @ rotten teet man

i have always said jamaica is the place for women with low self esteem that love being misled because yuh have some jamaican men who will call to ANYTHING! i mean it. when that statues at emancipation park went up i cannot tell you the amount of men that were lusting after the female and she's a STATUE. i mean talking about what they would love to do to her :blink:

dem no partial a baxide

and if yuh self esteem really deh a groun, walk pass gun court pon camp road

lawd misses when di prisoner dem done tell yuh wha dem waan do wid yuh! :blink: yuh chun chun eida shrivel up or explode :rofl:

upherebl.gif

Timeline

hooraaaaaaaay princess

you must feel like you are on cloud nine

God is able girl!

upherebl.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! t2027.gif

"Your case has been forwarded to the Embassy"

t2712.gif

:dance: FINALLY !! YAY CONGRATS PRINCESS !! :dance:(F)

Vermont Service Center:

** 5/8/2009 - I29F Sent to VSC

** 5/12/2009- I29F Received @ VSC

** 5/13/2009- NOA1 Mailed

** 5/14/2009- Check Cashed

** 5/21/2009- NOA1 Received by Mail

** 9/11/2009- NOA2 via Email * Approved*

** 9/15/2009 - NVC Recieved/ KNG Case # assigned

** 9/18/2009 - Case left NVC for Kingston

** 9/18/2009- Kingston Recieved Case

** 9/19/2009- NOA2 Received by Mail

** 9/25/2009- Packet 3 Sent via Jamaica mail

** 10/2/2009- Packet 3-4 Recieved via Email

** 10/2/2009- Interview Day Assigned * OCTOBER 27TH 2009 *[APPROVED]*

**10/13/2009- Medical Completed

**10/27/2009- Interview[ blue slipped for not having medical]

**11/16/2009- Medical Picked up in KNG

**11/24/2009- Appt at Embassy [ turn in medical]

**12/1/2009- Visa in Hand

**12/2/2009 POE : Ft. Lauderdale !!

Timeline

lawd princess mi glad bag buss

mi so glad fi yuh

upherebl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.