7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone,

My mother filled for my brother who was under 21 at time of petetion. now he is 23 and we have received DS3032 & AOS. My question is when we need to notift NVC that CSPA rule applies to him. we did calculation and his estimated CSPA age is 19y & 6 month.

Visa # is not current yet but we receive DFS3032 & AOS. currently they processing june,2005 and my brother date is OCT,2005.

1. should we inform them now via e-mail that CSPA applies to him but cant do exact calulation since do not have current visa # date.

2. or should i wait for visa # to be current and then notify but by that time DS230 & i-864 will be alraedy mailed to them.

advise please.

Thanks

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Hello everyone,

My mother filled for my brother who was under 21 at time of petetion. now he is 23 and we have received DS3032 & AOS. My question is when we need to notift NVC that CSPA rule applies to him. we did calculation and his estimated CSPA age is 19y & 6 month.

Visa # is not current yet but we receive DFS3032 & AOS. currently they processing june,2005 and my brother date is OCT,2005.

1. should we inform them now via e-mail that CSPA applies to him but cant do exact calulation since do not have current visa # date.

2. or should i wait for visa # to be current and then notify but by that time DS230 & i-864 will be alraedy mailed to them.

advise please.

Thanks

The AOS and IV bill tells you how to contact the NVC when a beneficiary ages out and CSPA may offer relief. Read the first page of that letter. Follow the instructions there.

Hello everyone,

advise please.

Thanks

The AOS and IV bill tells you how to contact the NVC when a beneficiary ages out and CSPA may offer relief. Read the first page of that letter. Follow the instructions there.

what are the chances for visa if his CSPA age calulate to under 20?

Timeline
Hello everyone,

advise please.

Thanks

It all depends when the priority date becomes current. No one can make a guess at CSPA application because no one can guess with any accuracy when a priority date will become current. During my time on this forum and others like it, I've seen people miss the CSPA cutoff by a few days.

Hello everyone,

advise please.

Thanks

It all depends when the priority date becomes current. No one can make a guess at CSPA application because no one can guess with any accuracy when a priority date will become current. During my time on this forum and others like it, I've seen people miss the CSPA cutoff by a few days.

One more question:

AOS fee showing paid on website now.

i am ready to send i864 & i-864a but sponsor/petionor is out of country. can i send the doc in email for them to print sign and theyc an scan and send via email to me. i will print and mail to them.

Also can we submit i-864 & i-864a with tax docs via email?

will NVC accept scaned docs.

I cant tell how much i really appreciate your help. May GOD bless you wih his blessings.

Timeline
Hello everyone,

advise please.

Thanks

One more question:

i am ready to send i864 & i-864a but sponsor/petionor is out of country. can i send the doc in email for them to print sign and theyc an scan and send via email to me. i will print and mail to them.

I cant tell how much i really appreciate your help. May GOD bless you wih his blessings.

The I-864 is a contract, so I am pretty sure that the government wants an original signature. You can e-mail the form to the petitioner, but he will have to send it in with an original signature.

I mailed the AOS for my brother in with the bar code cover using the US postal service. I don't think there is an option to e-mail it.

Rushing all these documents in is not going to make the case go faster. The priority date will have to be current before the US embassy/consulate can act. Even if they receive it before hand, they will not make an interview appointment until after the priority date becomes current. My brother's PD became current on Aug. 1, 2009. I checked with the US consulate in Vietnam and they had his paperwork back in July. However, I was informed that nothing could be done until after the PD became current.

Don't rush and make a mistake. Read the instructions for the forms carefully. A rush document with mistakes could result in a RFE that would delay the case far longer than taking a few days or weeks to get the correct documentations.

Edited by aaron2020

Hello everyone,

advise please.

Thanks

One more question:

The I-864 is a contract, so I am pretty sure that the government wants an original signature. You can e-mail the form to the petitioner, but he will have to send it in with an original signature.

I mailed the AOS for my brother in with the bar code cover using the US postal service. I don't think there is an option to e-mail it.

Rushing all these documents in is not going to make the case go faster. The priority date will have to be current before the US embassy/consulate can act. Even if they receive it before hand, they will not make an interview appointment until after the priority date becomes current. My brother's PD became current on Aug. 1, 2009. I checked with the US consulate in Vietnam and they had his paperwork back in July. However, I was informed that nothing could be done until after the PD became current.

Don't rush and make a mistake. Read the instructions for the forms carefully. A rush document with mistakes could result in a RFE that would delay the case far longer than taking a few days or weeks to get the correct documentations.

What will be your advice when to notify NVC that CSPA will apply to my brother. at this point we have received DS3032 & AOS. AOS paid and still preparing i-864.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.