n1dom

London Medical Experience - September 2009

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

I had my K1 medical at Knightsbridge Doctors yesterday and I just thought that I'd share my experience.

The doctors office is located about a 5-10 minute wander from Bond Street tube station. Exiting the station, I crossed to the north side of Oxford Street and headed west (towards Selfridges) turning right into Gees Court and heading all the way through the pedestrian area to Wigmore Street. Across Wigmore and then into Jason Court and onto Marylebone Lane. Bentinck Street, where the the office is, is a few yards on to the right.

As you turn right in to Bentinck Street, the office is located in the first building on your right (Bentinck Mansions). The building appears to be an apartment block and the office is on the ground floor to the right (Flat 4). You will need to buzz the intercom to get in.

Check-in

Spoke to the receptionist, who was very polite, and handed over the questionnaire (from the information contained in Packet 3), my passport and a photo. I was asked to go through to the waiting room. The receptionist appeared a few minutes later in the room and handed me an Embassy medical form which I was asked to complete along with an HIV screening authorisation form.

I filled everything out and the receptionist came and collected the forms and told me the nurse would be along shortly. And she wasn't wrong!

Nurse!

After a couple of minutes the nurse came along and took me off to her office. We spoke about vaccinations and she explained about the K1 requirements. I didn't have any records and she told me that I would be able to get the required shots done at my GP for free. I opted to have the shots done there and then as my GP had nicely taken me off their books as I hadn't been for so long!!!

The nurse and I chatted about things and before I knew it first shot was in my arm and done, a blink at the realisation that it had been done and the second was in there and done! This nurse was a first-class professional! It was all administered is a very cheerful and pleasant way.

I was given record of the batch numbers of the shots and the nurse checked to see if the radiographer was free. Bing! Oh yes he was!

X-Ray

This bit was a little odd as it happened so quick and I didn't see anything happen! The radiographer was very cheery and he asked me to strip off my top. He then asked me to turn around and place my chest against a large square plate, place my chin on the top bar. He put my arms behind my back and gave me a, what I guess was a lead sheet to hold in both hands. And we were done before I knew it!

The chap asked me to get dressed again and off I went back to the waiting room where I waited for about ten minutes.

Doctor, Doctor

My name was called and the Doctor introduced herself and led me off to her office. She was very polite and chatty, asking me about my day, my job, where I live etc. She asked me basic health questions about a previous operation and the she was ready for the physical exam.

I popped my shoes off and she checked my weight and height, then she checked my eyesight (with glasses on). She then asked me to sit on the bed and she checked my breathing with her stethoscope, checked my glands and took my blood pressure. Then she took a blood sample which was very painless and asked me lie down on the bed. The doctor then proceeded to prod various organs while chatting away and finally asked to have a quick peek down below.

A couple more questions, one of which was have I ever been in trouble with the police and have I ever been caught for drink driving. I thought they were a bit odd for a medical but then I guess they may reveal underlying problems.

And we were done! 10-15 minutes top with the doctor.

Conclusion

So around 45 minutes after arriving it was back to reception and pay the bill. I feel that I was treated well and everyone I came into contact with was very friendly, but then I should hope so for such an expensive (but necessary) escapade!

If anyone is worried or nervous, I found from my experience that it was quick, painless and not unpleasant at all.

Hope this is helpful!

Dom

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi,

I had my K1 medical at Knightsbridge Doctors yesterday and I just thought that I'd share my experience.

The doctors office is located about a 5-10 minute wander from Bond Street tube station. Exiting the station, I crossed to the north side of Oxford Street and headed west (towards Selfridges) turning right into Gees Court and heading all the way through the pedestrian area to Wigmore Street. Across Wigmore and then into Jason Court and onto Marylebone Lane. Bentinck Street, where the the office is, is a few yards on to the right.

As you turn right in to Bentinck Street, the office is located in the first building on your right (Bentinck Mansions). The building appears to be an apartment block and the office is on the ground floor to the right (Flat 4). You will need to buzz the intercom to get in.

Check-in

Spoke to the receptionist, who was very polite, and handed over the questionnaire (from the information contained in Packet 3), my passport and a photo. I was asked to go through to the waiting room. The receptionist appeared a few minutes later in the room and handed me an Embassy medical form which I was asked to complete along with an HIV screening authorisation form.

I filled everything out and the receptionist came and collected the forms and told me the nurse would be along shortly. And she wasn't wrong!

Nurse!

After a couple of minutes the nurse came along and took me off to her office. We spoke about vaccinations and she explained about the K1 requirements. I didn't have any records and she told me that I would be able to get the required shots done at my GP for free. I opted to have the shots done there and then as my GP had nicely taken me off their books as I hadn't been for so long!!!

The nurse and I chatted about things and before I knew it first shot was in my arm and done, a blink at the realisation that it had been done and the second was in there and done! This nurse was a first-class professional! It was all administered is a very cheerful and pleasant way.

I was given record of the batch numbers of the shots and the nurse checked to see if the radiographer was free. Bing! Oh yes he was!

X-Ray

This bit was a little odd as it happened so quick and I didn't see anything happen! The radiographer was very cheery and he asked me to strip off my top. He then asked me to turn around and place my chest against a large square plate, place my chin on the top bar. He put my arms behind my back and gave me a, what I guess was a lead sheet to hold in both hands. And we were done before I knew it!

The chap asked me to get dressed again and off I went back to the waiting room where I waited for about ten minutes.

Doctor, Doctor

My name was called and the Doctor introduced herself and led me off to her office. She was very polite and chatty, asking me about my day, my job, where I live etc. She asked me basic health questions about a previous operation and the she was ready for the physical exam.

I popped my shoes off and she checked my weight and height, then she checked my eyesight (with glasses on). She then asked me to sit on the bed and she checked my breathing with her stethoscope, checked my glands and took my blood pressure. Then she took a blood sample which was very painless and asked me lie down on the bed. The doctor then proceeded to prod various organs while chatting away and finally asked to have a quick peek down below.

A couple more questions, one of which was have I ever been in trouble with the police and have I ever been caught for drink driving. I thought they were a bit odd for a medical but then I guess they may reveal underlying problems.

Conclusion

So around 45 minutes after arriving it was back to reception and pay the bill. I feel that I was treated well and everyone I came into contact with was very friendly, but then I should hope so for such an expensive (but necessary) escapade!

If anyone is worried or nervous, I found from my experience that it was quick, painless and not unpleasant at all.

Hope this is helpful!

Dom

Hi

I have noticed that you have sent your P3 on the 25th of August 09 and already you have been given an interview date

I have sent our P3 on the 27th August 09 and we still haven't had the interview schedule would you mind telling me what you did to have yr interview date set already ?

thanks

Hi

I have noticed that you have sent your P3 on the 25th of August 09 and already you have been given an interview date

I have sent our P3 on the 27th August 09 and we still haven't had the interview schedule would you mind telling me what you did to have yr interview date set already ?

thanks

Hi,

Did nothing other than what was asked of in the instructions, sent the forms and the IV-15 together. I was quite surprised to have the interview date back so quick too.

Dom

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi

thanks

Hi,

Did nothing other than what was asked of in the instructions, sent the forms and the IV-15 together. I was quite surprised to have the interview date back so quick too.

Dom

I see thanx

The last time I called the embassy they said the application has been reviewed we should wait for the interview date to be set

just wondered how long that could take ? what could make some applications go faster than others when there is no issue

Hi

thanks

Hi,

Dom

I see thanx

The last time I called the embassy they said the application has been reviewed we should wait for the interview date to be set

just wondered how long that could take ? what could make some applications go faster than others when there is no issue

That's a mystery to just about everyone I guess. We were in and out of NVC in a day which seemed wicked fast, yet some people seem to get caught up there in AP for a long time without explanation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I had my medical on the 11th and it was also a breeze. Didnt require any vaccinations as I'd sorted them in 2006 when i worked in the USA.

I am sending my IV checklist 2moro as the Packet 3 was issued by the embassy on Monday. Booked and had my medical as soon as I knew that London had received my petition.

Hoping for an interview date early october!! Praying!!

Dyfed

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-04-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-05

Medical: 2009-09-11

Packet 3 Received: 2009-09-18

Interview Date: 2009-10-09 - APPROVED!!!

Visa Received: 2009-10-15

US Entry: 2008-10-22, Flight booked MAN>PDX

Wedding Day : 2009-12-21

Hi,

Check-in

Nurse!

X-Ray

Doctor, Doctor

Conclusion

Hope this is helpful!

Dom

Can I ask what the total is with the two shots you needed? And which ones were they?

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Can I ask what the total is with the two shots you needed? And which ones were they?

The total was £250. And the shots were an MMR and a tetanus.

Glad your medical exam was such a breeze. On to the interview!

Thanks, I hope the interview goes as swimmingly! And congratulations to you on getting married!

• 4 weeks later...

I have my medical booked for this month. I hate situations were people monitor and observe you. It's natural you are going to be nervous. Any tips?

Best of Luck. Best wishes. Thank you.

I have my medical booked for this month. I hate situations were people monitor and observe you. It's natural you are going to be nervous. Any tips?

It's pretty much like any other medical examination, except for having the jabs, but that wasn't too much of a big deal.

Filed: Timeline
Hi,

Check-in

Nurse!

X-Ray

Doctor, Doctor

Conclusion

Hope this is helpful!

Dom

Hi Dom;

I must congratualte you on a very good post. Obviously designed to make the reader feel relaxed and it definitely did that.

Thanks

Paul

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.