Emily and Gareth

Question for United Kingdom folks

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi,

I am just about to send my IV-15k to London however I have a couple of questions first.

1. They ask me when my date of travel is? I dont have a date as yet? Should I give an approximate?

2. They also ask me about my wedding date which I obv havent booked either. Should I give an approximate for this too?

3. I havent booked my medical yet as I was hoping to arrange it as close to my interview as possible - I have to fly from Belfast to London and I was hoping that I would be able to do both within the same week. Do I have to book the medical before I send the checklist away?

Sorry to ask so many questions! Really eager to get this checklist in the post!!!

Thanks in advance :)

K-1 Visa Timeline

{April 3 2009 }-- Mailed packet to CSC via Priority Mail

{April 6 2009 }-- Received at CSC

{April 7 2009 }-- Cheque cashed

{April 8 2009 }-- NOA1 issued

{April 12 2009 }-- NOA1 Received

{July 15 2009 }-- Touch!

{July 15 2009 }-- Touch was the NOA2!

{July 28 2009 }-- NVC Received Case

{Aug 10 2009 }-- Packet 3 sent

{Sep 24 2009 }-- Called Department of State to check if Packet 3 was received in London - It was

{Sep 29 2009 }-- Called Department of State again to see if appointment date was Issued...it was!

{Oct 12 2009 }-- Going to have Medical in London

{Oct 16 2009 }-- Interview in London - Asked for a Police Clearance Certificate from Australia

{Oct 23 2009 }-- Sent away for Police clearance

{Nov 20 2009 }-- Received Police Clearance certificate

{Nov 24 2009 }-- Embassy Courier Collected Police Clearance and Passport

{Nov 30 2009 }-- Passport and Police Clearance qualified by Embassy

{Dec 8 2009 }-- Visa Issued

{Dec 10 2009 }-- Visa received in Belfast!

{Dec 14 2009 }-- Went through Immigration in Dublin and arrived in Indiana!

{Dec 21 2009 }-- Married 1000 Feet up in the air at the Stratosphere hotel in Las Vegas

AOS Timeline

{Apr 1 2010 }-- Sent AOS, EAD and AP package

{Apr 12 2010 }-- NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

{May 12 2010 }-- Biometrics Appointment

{June 9 2010 }-- Received Email that EAD card had been ordered

{June 9 2010 }-- Received Email that AP had been approved

There are many people who think that London uses the date for travel that you give them to determine your interview date. It's not always true (someone here had her interview scheduled on the day she put down as her wedding!) and I think so many people assume this now that everyone puts an earlier date, but it's something worth considering. Don't book any flights or send off a check to the caterer of course but do give them an estimate. Just keep in mind that if you say you don't plan to travel until, say, December, you will most likely be waiting a long time for an interview

You're not required to give them a date for the medical yet. You can just write "to be determined" or something like that. Lots of people do the medical close to or even on the day of the interview, so you'll be fine.

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.