Road 2 Peace Arch

DS 230 for K1/K2

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee will be recieving her Packet 3 from the Consultate in Vancouver shortly. She is a citizen of the Philippines but has been working in Vancouver with an open work permit since 2005. Her daughter, age 19, lives in the Philippines where she attends Nursing School. I have included her in my K1 129F and expect a K2 visa for her before she ages out if the moon and stars line up.

I'm preparing my fiancee for this next stage (Packet 3 et al). I've downloaded the Packet 3 from the Vancouver Consulate and I'm helping her complete the DS 230-Part 1 (Biographic Data) which is to be completed and faxed back to the Consulate as Step Number One once we get the notification from the Vancouver Consultate and after they have recieved the information from the NVC.

I have a question that I hope you can help me with. At the top of the form, it states "Complete one copy of this form for yourself and each member of your family, regardless of age, who will immigrate with you." Within the DS 230 form are references/questions about her daughter which we've answered. However, it appears to me that a separate DS 230 should be completed for the daughter (a stand alone DS 230 for the daughter) as well?? Is that correct? If so, would the Embassy in Manila send a separate Packet 3 to the daugther for her to complete and fax back to the Manila Embassy? Since the daughter wont be having the interview in Vancouver, I would assume so but I wanted to ask here and, whether or not the daughter required a separate DS 230 as well.

Thanks! :thumbs:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

April 21, 2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Received in Chicago

My fiancee will be recieving her Packet 3 from the Consultate in Vancouver shortly. She is a citizen of the Philippines but has been working in Vancouver with an open work permit since 2005. Her daughter, age 19, lives in the Philippines where she attends Nursing School. I have included her in my K1 129F and expect a K2 visa for her before she ages out if the moon and stars line up.

I'm preparing my fiancee for this next stage (Packet 3 et al). I've downloaded the Packet 3 from the Vancouver Consulate and I'm helping her complete the DS 230-Part 1 (Biographic Data) which is to be completed and faxed back to the Consulate as Step Number One once we get the notification from the Vancouver Consultate and after they have recieved the information from the NVC.

I have a question that I hope you can help me with. At the top of the form, it states "Complete one copy of this form for yourself and each member of your family, regardless of age, who will immigrate with you." Within the DS 230 form are references/questions about her daughter which we've answered. However, it appears to me that a separate DS 230 should be completed for the daughter (a stand alone DS 230 for the daughter) as well?? Is that correct? If so, would the Embassy in Manila send a separate Packet 3 to the daugther for her to complete and fax back to the Manila Embassy? Since the daughter wont be having the interview in Vancouver, I would assume so but I wanted to ask here and, whether or not the daughter required a separate DS 230 as well.

You may have a problem as USEM uses DS 156 and DS 157 for K2s. Not the DS 230. Also USEM doesn't send packet 3 anymore.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

You may have a problem as USEM uses DS 156 and DS 157 for K2s. Not the DS 230. Also USEM doesn't send packet 3 anymore.

This will help

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfk1en.pdf

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Problem or just differant forms and drama (Manila vs Vancouver) to deal with? I havent looked at the DS 156/157 yet but I will... By the way, thanks for the link!! :thumbs:

Timeline

This will help

By the way, this is going to sound really dumb but, I have to ask even if I think I know the answer. According to the link you provided (thanks once again), documents the K2 applicant must bring include "EVIDENCE OF A MEETING PRIOR TO THE PETITION". I've never met her in person. I speak to her often but I've never met her in person. She is the daugther of my fiancee who lives in Vancouver not the Philippines where her daughter is located. I cant imagine its the same requirement that I must have met her in person in the last two years as a K2 applicant??

This will help

By the way, this is going to sound really dumb but, I have to ask even if I think I know the answer. According to the link you provided (thanks once again), documents the K2 applicant must bring include "EVIDENCE OF A MEETING PRIOR TO THE PETITION". I've never met her in person. I speak to her often but I've never met her in person. She is the daugther of my fiancee who lives in Vancouver not the Philippines where her daughter is located. I cant imagine its the same requirement that I must have met her in person in the last two years as a K2 applicant??

I wouldn't worry about that as that's for principal beneficiary.

Here's some more info for you.

Daughter will "pprobably" have to do CFO.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/emig_manila.htm

You also should consider getting your fiances NSO CENOMAR plus at least 3 NSO certified BCs for both your wife and her daughter.

You can get them online or the daughter can go to her local NSO office. I "guess" they will allow her to get them.

I guess you know you have a very confusing situation.

Edited by Haole

!! ALL PAU!

Looks like the daughter will need NB! clearance also. If she's been out of the Philippines since the age of 16 for more than 6 months she'll need police clearance from the countries she was in also.

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.