caramella

Can i travel to europe with Green card or i need visa for that

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
All EU countries (not Switzerland) do not require a visa if you have a green card. You need your green card and your moroccan passport (with at least 6 months validity).

This is absolutely wrong. My husband and I went to Europe last year before he got his american citizenship and he had to get a visa. They have a visa called The Schengen Visa. There are a number of European countries that are part of the Schengen pact. We had to go to the embassy of the country that we would first visit and get the visa, then after landing and going through immigration we could travel in any country that is part of the schengen pact, I think there is about 15 total. You should go to the consulate page of the country you are planning to visit and see what the requirments are. In our case my husband had to appear in person to file for the visa and give all the required paperwork. The closest consulate to us in Atlanta was in Washington DC. He received the visa within a week. My husband is Moroccan.

Deb

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
All EU countries (not Switzerland) do not require a visa if you have a green card. You need your green card and your moroccan passport (with at least 6 months validity).

That's not true.

This is a good site to look up whether you need a visa: http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations...rt_information/

Switzerland and EU countries require visas for Moroccan nationals with green cards.

You will have apply for a Swiss tourist visa at your nearest Swiss consulate.

:thumbs: it depends on a few things but in general if you're sportin the red passport that say "morocco" than you'll need a tourist visa. Good luck, most can be done online now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello everybody, I want to clear up everything. The only country thatt you can enter with green card is SWITZERLAND, the other you need a visa or a Passport with power like US, Canada or any country with economical power that is included in the agreement of Free visa. Of course, the possibility of giving the visa of enter to European countries is very high if you live in the U.S., of course, the europen countries know that you are not going to try to attempt to stay to work in the their countries because you already live in the U.S. The other countries are all central america, Mexico, Canada, all the Caribbean Islands. Absolute the rest of the countries you need a visa to enter or a powerful passport like I mentioned above. I can assure that I'm telling this is totally the thruth. I really don't know how powerful is the Morocoon Passport and you the Moroccon Nationals or Citizens have a kind of special privilege as other passport like maybe Lebanon and Italy passports, I really don't know. So you have to check out the priviledges that may your passport has or not. I can assure what I'm talking. There was another person who tried to write something different, I'm sorry for that person, but I think he is wrong. Thanks for your attention and cooperation, bye,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
The only country thatt you can enter with green card is SWITZERLAND

I'm not sure where you're getting your info from, but you can not enter Switzerland with a green card only. Specific to this situation, a Moroccan national with a green card will need a visa to enter Swiztzerland.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.