cyph0r

Yellow letter questions

2 posts in this topic

I received a yellow letter today and I have some questions I hope someone can help me with.

My biometrics (which was rescheduled) is on Sept 12, is it normal to receive the yellow letter before biometrics? (I'm just curious)

My main question is that it asked for last 3 years of tax forms. I have copies of our last 3 years of taxes, is this enough or do I have to request for them from the IRS?

Is there any other evidence I will need to start collecting. I have all our bills, bank acct statements that are jointly owned.

Thanks in advance!

Rebecca

It's free to get the transcripts from the IRS, and you have enough time to get them I think before interview (no date yet right?), so might as well get them to take with you to interview. I think the scheduling of biometrics is down to how busy the local ASC is, and the yellow letter probably comes from NBC (I didn't get a yellow letter, so I'm surmising) so I think that its just a scheduling coincidence that the yellow letter came before your rescheduled biometrics. And that you'll probably get your IL pretty quickly after the bio is complete.

AOS: ND - June 5 2006 | RFE - June 15 2006 | FP Notice - June 30 (Rescheduled to Sept 16) | AP ND - August 14 2006| Walk-in FP - Sept 5 (FP cleared next day!) | Interview - Sept 8 2006 (Approved!) | Welcome Letter - Sept 13 | EAD received - Sept 19 (kinda moot since I'm waiting for GC) | GC received - Sept 23 2006 - Woohoo!!

I-751: 06/10/08 Mailed package to VSC direct (per memo instructions) not TSC. The wait begins... | 06/11/08 Package received at VSC (12.12pm) | 06/19/08 Check cashed | 06/20/08 Received NOA1 in the mail - ND is 06/17/08 | 07/10/08 Received Biometrics Appt Letter - ND is 7/7/08 | 07/22/08 Biometrics (had to do ink & paper also...) | 07/22/08 Touched | 07/23/08 Touched | 02/11/09 Transferred to CSC (got email)... | 02/12/09 Touched | 02/20/09 Touched (but no email) | 03/24/09 Approval letter arrives in the mail! Approval date is 3/18/09 from VSC | 04/03/09 Received card, postmarked 3/31 from CSC

N-400: 06/11/09 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox | 06/12/09 Package received at Lockbox and signed for at 1.31pm | 06/18/09 Check Cashed | 06/19/09 NOA, PD 06/12/09 | 07/06/09 Biometrics letter received, ND is 07/02/09 | 07/24/09 Biometrics appointment | 08/06/09 IL received, ND 08/03/09 | Interview 09/14/09 at 9.30am (approved!) | Oath 10/21/09 | USC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.