uniquecouple

how long does the immunization take?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello guys, i will be flying to manila on tuesday at 6:30am to do the shots (immunization) to complete my medical and i bought a round trip ticket for that same day, sept 1st...assuming that i'll be done at st. lukes before or at 2pm as for my flight back to the province is 4 o'clock. i'll be in st. lukes at probably 8:45am so im really hoping to be finished at least two hours before my flight.

my questions are, how long does the immunization take? and after that what is the next step? what will they give me/back after that? do you think i'll make my flight in the afternoon? or should i modify my flight schedule and book the hotel now?

pls guys, i need your help... :whistle:

thank you very much in advance

Edited by uniquecouple

Filed: Timeline

Change your Flight.....you will need 2 days minimum if this is the first time there.....on the second day they DAY 2 - VACCINATIONS AND RELEASING OF RESULTS

My fiance is there also..she flown in on Sunday...

here is an a portion of an old post...I hope it helps...

he guard asked me if its my first day, I said yes and then he gave me some forms which is the evaluation form, application form and the instruction. He asked my passport and appointment letter and he told me to fill up the form inside and once finished, give it to the receptionist. He stamped my right hand.

STEP 1

After I fill up the form, I gave it to the Reception Area (Ground floor) and she told me to go to the room (this is

in the reception area also) because I need to take a digital picture and encoding of date through my

index finger. I just need put my index finger on the red button then tap it slowly (four times) and you can see it

in the computer anyways. After that, the lady told me to go to 5th Flr. for payment.

STEP 2

I went to the Cashier's Area (once the elevator is already in the 5th Flr. you just have to turn left and that's where the cashier is). I paid the medical fee which costsP10,241.00. then the cashier told me to go to 4th Flr. for blood and urine test. In every floor, there's a reception area where you need to give your papers and you just have to wait for your name to be called.

STEP 3

On the 5th floor, I gave my papers to the receptionist and after 2-3 minutes, the lady called my name and told me to go to the Extraction Area(same floor). So, I went there and a guy assisted me and I took a blood test for HIV then after that he told me to go to the Urine test area(same floor). A lady assisted me and she told me to put my things on the chair then she gave me a

small cup for my urine. It was a good timing bcoz I want to pee also! lol Then after that, I gave the cup to the lady and she told me to wait again. After 2 minutes, she gave me my umbrella and asked if its mine and I said yes and thanks! hehe..

Ok, then after that she told me to go to 3rd Flr to take an Xray Exam... So i went down on the said floor and I got the chance to meet some Filipina who is also taking their medical exam.. The process is kinda fast thats why we weren't able to talk for that long so I went inside the changing room, changed my tshirt and wear the xray gown. Then i proceed to the Xray Room and the lady told me to put my things on the chair and she gave me a heavy square bag while im having the xray exam - its really odd and i think this is to test more of your lungs thats why they want us to carry this heavy bag. While taking the xray, the lady told me to inhale then exhale. On this part, I didn't inhale that much hehehe..(My friend told me not to inhale that much) but it just bothered me coz i was carrying this heavy square bag and I asked the lady, What's this?! and she said, there's a magic in there..lol I was like hmm.. ok. So after that she told me to go to 5th floor for an Eye test and Physical Examination.

STEP 4

I went up to the 5th floor and I gave my papers to the USA counter area.. Remember, there's two counter/receptionist on the 5th floor . On the left side you can see a counter for the coutries of Australia/New Zealand and Canada and on the right side, there's the counter for USA.

So, I gave my papers to the counter area then she told me to wait for my name to be called. After 5 minutes, a guy called my name and he told me to take off my socks to check my weight.. He said to face the audience (I was lil shy coz there's lot of people waiting and you know looking at me haha) and I was smiling and then I said I'm underweight and he replied, your just slim. hehehe..He said to wait again for my name to be called.

After 2 minutes, a lady called my name to check my blood pressure and I told her, do i still have blood? hahaha she said, lets see lol.. My blood pressure was 110/70 and I asked her if its normal, she replied yes it is. Yehey! I thought i'm anemic.. So again, she told me to wait for my name to be called.. Then, after 2 - 3 minutes one of the medical staff (guy) told me to go to the Eye Test Room. As i entered, a doctor asked me if im wearing contact lens or eyeglasses - obviously i'm wearing eyeglasses and he checked it. He started to ask me about the alphabet letters in front of me which i really can't read especially the small ones..He also asked me if i have period, i said no... Then after that, he told me to give the paper to the receptionist again..

STEP 5

The waiting time is kinda long because I've waited like 20 minutes for the physical examination. I got my number (24) and while waiting I got the chance again to talk to some fellow Filipina about their visas, how & where did they met their husbands and their interview dates... It was a cool talk (we forgot to ask each others name lol) until each one of us has to go inside the room for physical test.. And then it was my turn, I went inside the room and a lady doctor asked me a few questions about my health.

These are the folliowing questions:

What is your name

How old are you

When was your last period

Did you take any illegal drugs

Are you pregnant / have you been pregnant before

Are you sexually active

Are you allergic to any medicine or foods

Do you have TB or is there anyone in your house who has TB

Do you smoke

Do you have cancer or diabetes

Did you any operation before

After I answer all those questions, she told me to sign the paper stating that i am telling the truth.. Then after that, she told me to read the instructions posted at the wall and it says please take off your clothes and your socks. I take off my clothes and socks and I asked her if i need to wear the robe - she said yes.

She told me to lay down at the bed and she put her fingers on my chest checking my heartbeat, then she told me to put

my hands up in my head then after that she told me to bend my legs and open it then she checked my precious one lol. She also check my wrist. And after that, then she told me to stand up and she checked my ear and she asked If I had an operation on my ear before.. I said no. Then she told me to wear my clothes.. While im taking my clothes on, she also asked me if my I have false teeth... After that, she told me to give the paper to the receptionist..

I gave the papers to the receptionist and the lady told me to go down to 2nd Floor at the vaccination room.. The doctor

called my name and she asked me if I had my previous chickenpox (bulutong). I said yes, and she said tell me where you scar is? I told her, I cant since i got my chicken pox when i was elementary.. She also asked about my last period and then she told me that I will take my vaccinations for Anti Cervix Cancer, Anti Tetano, Anti Measles and Anti chicken pox . I thought I'm going to take my shots on that day but it wasn't.. So after that she just told me to give the papers to the Checkout Counter.

I gave my papers to checkout counter including the Evaluation form and the guy returned my passport and reciept. He told me to go back again tomorrow for the vaccinations and for the results..

MEDICAL DAY 2 - VACCINATIONS AND RELEASING OF RESULTS

I woke up at 12:30noon even though the checkout counter told me to go back at 10am...So, I went to SLEC again past 2pm afternoon then i gave my passport and receipt to the guard and he check my data from the computer. He told me, did you take your digitial photo yesterday? I guess you didn't coz your picture is not here in the computer.. I replied, I did! He stamped my hand and then he told me to go to 2nd Flr for vaccination..

STEP 1

I gave my passport and receipt to the guard since there's no medical staff. He then gave my passport and receipt to the medical staff inside the room and I've waited like 20 - 30 minutes. There's a few people who are also waiting for their vaccination. While waiting, I was talking to my husband over the phone using YM hehe just to clear off the boredom lol..

After the long wait, a guy called my name over the mic and i went inside the vaccination room. I sit down and the medical staff asked me some questions like, When is the first day of your last period, are you allergic to any medicine or food? He gave me 2 papers - Evaluation form I told him I already filled up the evaluation form yesterday and he said its a different one. He also gave me the lists of the symptoms to observe after I take my vaccination.

He started to give me 2 shots on the right arm and then the 2 shots on the left. The last shot is the anti cervix cancer which is kinda pain but before that the guy asked me if im left handed or right handed.. I am right handed so he shot the anti cervix cancer on my left arm. Ouch! So, after all those tiny needles entered into my veins... The guy told me to go to the Ground floor and wait for my name to be called for the releasing of results..

It took almost 40 minutes and many of us are also waiting for their results.. So while waiting - I bought some snacks because i started to feel the hunger.. It was already 6 in the evening too!

After the long wait....... a guy called my name while I was talking to some fellow Filipina then i go to Counter B and the guy started to ask my name and the first day of my last period. He asked me if I got pregnant before and i said never been preggy.

He gave me the cd (xray result - he never told me not to open it), vaccination document worksheet and my receipt.

He told me, your passport will be forwarded to USEM including the vaccination document worksheet. He also said that my interview date is on June 16, 2009.

On the vaccination document worksheet, he told me that I need to follow up the 2 shots that was given to me which is Varicella and Human Papillomavirus to a private clinic. I asked him, can i do that here in St. Lukes - he replied its too expensive here.. Better go to a private clinic for another shots.. He also told me that I need to take another shot in USA which is the Td or Tdap - he encircle it and put USA on the paper..

Whew! Finally the day is over and I can go home but gosh it was rainy outside.. I really want to go home since my left arm is in pain also..

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Change your Flight.....you will need 2 days minimum if this is the first time there.....on the second day they DAY 2 - VACCINATIONS AND RELEASING OF RESULTS

he guard asked me if its my first day, I said yes and then he gave me some forms which is the evaluation form, application form and the instruction. He asked my passport and appointment letter and he told me to fill up the form inside and once finished, give it to the receptionist. He stamped my right hand.

STEP 1

After I fill up the form, I gave it to the Reception Area (Ground floor) and she told me to go to the room (this is

in the reception area also) because I need to take a digital picture and encoding of date through my

index finger. I just need put my index finger on the red button then tap it slowly (four times) and you can see it

in the computer anyways. After that, the lady told me to go to 5th Flr. for payment.

STEP 2

I went to the Cashier's Area (once the elevator is already in the 5th Flr. you just have to turn left and that's where the cashier is). I paid the medical fee which costsP10,241.00. then the cashier told me to go to 4th Flr. for blood and urine test. In every floor, there's a reception area where you need to give your papers and you just have to wait for your name to be called.

STEP 3

On the 5th floor, I gave my papers to the receptionist and after 2-3 minutes, the lady called my name and told me to go to the Extraction Area(same floor). So, I went there and a guy assisted me and I took a blood test for HIV then after that he told me to go to the Urine test area(same floor). A lady assisted me and she told me to put my things on the chair then she gave me a

small cup for my urine. It was a good timing bcoz I want to pee also! lol Then after that, I gave the cup to the lady and she told me to wait again. After 2 minutes, she gave me my umbrella and asked if its mine and I said yes and thanks! hehe..

Ok, then after that she told me to go to 3rd Flr to take an Xray Exam... So i went down on the said floor and I got the chance to meet some Filipina who is also taking their medical exam.. The process is kinda fast thats why we weren't able to talk for that long so I went inside the changing room, changed my tshirt and wear the xray gown. Then i proceed to the Xray Room and the lady told me to put my things on the chair and she gave me a heavy square bag while im having the xray exam - its really odd and i think this is to test more of your lungs thats why they want us to carry this heavy bag. While taking the xray, the lady told me to inhale then exhale. On this part, I didn't inhale that much hehehe..(My friend told me not to inhale that much) but it just bothered me coz i was carrying this heavy square bag and I asked the lady, What's this?! and she said, there's a magic in there..lol I was like hmm.. ok. So after that she told me to go to 5th floor for an Eye test and Physical Examination.

STEP 4

I went up to the 5th floor and I gave my papers to the USA counter area.. Remember, there's two counter/receptionist on the 5th floor . On the left side you can see a counter for the coutries of Australia/New Zealand and Canada and on the right side, there's the counter for USA.

So, I gave my papers to the counter area then she told me to wait for my name to be called. After 5 minutes, a guy called my name and he told me to take off my socks to check my weight.. He said to face the audience (I was lil shy coz there's lot of people waiting and you know looking at me haha) and I was smiling and then I said I'm underweight and he replied, your just slim. hehehe..He said to wait again for my name to be called.

After 2 minutes, a lady called my name to check my blood pressure and I told her, do i still have blood? hahaha she said, lets see lol.. My blood pressure was 110/70 and I asked her if its normal, she replied yes it is. Yehey! I thought i'm anemic.. So again, she told me to wait for my name to be called.. Then, after 2 - 3 minutes one of the medical staff (guy) told me to go to the Eye Test Room. As i entered, a doctor asked me if im wearing contact lens or eyeglasses - obviously i'm wearing eyeglasses and he checked it. He started to ask me about the alphabet letters in front of me which i really can't read especially the small ones..He also asked me if i have period, i said no... Then after that, he told me to give the paper to the receptionist again..

STEP 5

The waiting time is kinda long because I've waited like 20 minutes for the physical examination. I got my number (24) and while waiting I got the chance again to talk to some fellow Filipina about their visas, how & where did they met their husbands and their interview dates... It was a cool talk (we forgot to ask each others name lol) until each one of us has to go inside the room for physical test.. And then it was my turn, I went inside the room and a lady doctor asked me a few questions about my health.

What is your name

How old are you

Are you sexually active

Do you smoke

After I answer all those questions, she told me to sign the paper stating that i am telling the truth.. Then after that, she told me to read the instructions posted at the wall and it says please take off your clothes and your socks. I take off my clothes and socks and I asked her if i need to wear the robe - she said yes.

She told me to lay down at the bed and she put her fingers on my chest checking my heartbeat, then she told me to put

my hands up in my head then after that she told me to bend my legs and open it then she checked my precious one lol. She also check my wrist. And after that, then she told me to stand up and she checked my ear and she asked If I had an operation on my ear before.. I said no. Then she told me to wear my clothes.. While im taking my clothes on, she also asked me if my I have false teeth... After that, she told me to give the paper to the receptionist..

I gave the papers to the receptionist and the lady told me to go down to 2nd Floor at the vaccination room.. The doctor

called my name and she asked me if I had my previous chickenpox (bulutong). I said yes, and she said tell me where you scar is? I told her, I cant since i got my chicken pox when i was elementary.. She also asked about my last period and then she told me that I will take my vaccinations for Anti Cervix Cancer, Anti Tetano, Anti Measles and Anti chicken pox . I thought I'm going to take my shots on that day but it wasn't.. So after that she just told me to give the papers to the Checkout Counter.

I gave my papers to checkout counter including the Evaluation form and the guy returned my passport and reciept. He told me to go back again tomorrow for the vaccinations and for the results..

I woke up at 12:30noon even though the checkout counter told me to go back at 10am...So, I went to SLEC again past 2pm afternoon then i gave my passport and receipt to the guard and he check my data from the computer. He told me, did you take your digitial photo yesterday? I guess you didn't coz your picture is not here in the computer.. I replied, I did! He stamped my hand and then he told me to go to 2nd Flr for vaccination..

STEP 1

I gave my passport and receipt to the guard since there's no medical staff. He then gave my passport and receipt to the medical staff inside the room and I've waited like 20 - 30 minutes. There's a few people who are also waiting for their vaccination. While waiting, I was talking to my husband over the phone using YM hehe just to clear off the boredom lol..

After the long wait, a guy called my name over the mic and i went inside the vaccination room. I sit down and the medical staff asked me some questions like, When is the first day of your last period, are you allergic to any medicine or food? He gave me 2 papers - Evaluation form I told him I already filled up the evaluation form yesterday and he said its a different one. He also gave me the lists of the symptoms to observe after I take my vaccination.

He started to give me 2 shots on the right arm and then the 2 shots on the left. The last shot is the anti cervix cancer which is kinda pain but before that the guy asked me if im left handed or right handed.. I am right handed so he shot the anti cervix cancer on my left arm. Ouch! So, after all those tiny needles entered into my veins... The guy told me to go to the Ground floor and wait for my name to be called for the releasing of results..

It took almost 40 minutes and many of us are also waiting for their results.. So while waiting - I bought some snacks because i started to feel the hunger.. It was already 6 in the evening too!

After the long wait....... a guy called my name while I was talking to some fellow Filipina then i go to Counter B and the guy started to ask my name and the first day of my last period. He asked me if I got pregnant before and i said never been preggy.

He gave me the cd (xray result - he never told me not to open it), vaccination document worksheet and my receipt.

He told me, your passport will be forwarded to USEM including the vaccination document worksheet. He also said that my interview date is on June 16, 2009.

On the vaccination document worksheet, he told me that I need to follow up the 2 shots that was given to me which is Varicella and Human Papillomavirus to a private clinic. I asked him, can i do that here in St. Lukes - he replied its too expensive here.. Better go to a private clinic for another shots.. He also told me that I need to take another shot in USA which is the Td or Tdap - he encircle it and put USA on the paper..

Whew! Finally the day is over and I can go home but gosh it was rainy outside.. I really want to go home since my left arm is in pain also..

thanks for fast respond, i have completed my day 1 already so i'll just be needing the shots (day 2) and my only concern is, how long i'll be finished if i will be in st. lukes by 8:45/9:00am?

thanks for fast respond, i have completed my day 1 already so i'll just be needing the shots (day 2) and my only concern is, how long i'll be finished if i will be in st. lukes by 8:45/9:00am?

Depends on day of week and how busy they are...but 3-4 hours would probably give you time.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello uniquecouple, you said you are done on your first day , but medical exams takes 2 days , second day would be immunization assuming you dont have problems with results of first day and I think Tuesday is going to be a busy day coming from a long weekend , i would suggest you stay in Manila for the night and leave the next day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

on my 2nd day at st. luke's, i was there at 830am then got immunized at 930am waited for a few hours for my vaccine record and cd of my chest x-ray,...was out before 12nn.

August 21, 2008: I-129F sent

August 30, 2008: NOA1

February 02, 2009: NOA2

March 2-3, 2009: Medical at St. Luke's

March 19, 2009: interview US Embassy- Manila

March 24, 2009: Visa received

April 02, 2009: CFO at PRISM

June 30, 2009: Dylan & Douglas enter USA together POE Chicago

July 3, 2009: applied for marriage license

July 7, 2009: got Married and received marriage certificate

July 28, 2009: SSN received

AOS

August 19, 2009: AOS sent

August 25, 2009: NOA (AP,EAD,AOS)

August 31, 2009: received Biometrics appointment for AOS & EAD (dated Aug.27,2009)

Sept.18, 2009: Case transferred to CSC

Sept.24, 2009: Biometrics Appointment

Sept.28,2009: EAD & AP Approval

Oct. 5,2009: received EAD card & AP (mail)

Nov.5,2009: AOS approved( 72days from NOA)

Nov. 13, 2009: GC received(mail)

Removing Conditions I-751

Sept. 20,2011: Sent I-751 Petition to remove conditions

June 2012: 10 year GC approved

N400 Naturalization

August 16,2012 : Sent N400

August 31, 2012 : early Biometrics

on my first day i was there lining up around 5am and i was out around 2pm. on my second day of medical... i was asked to go back at 10am and got out in st. luke's at 7pm. whew!!!

good luck :)

August 6, 2009 - AOS Sent together with EAD and AP
August 17, 2009 - Received NOAs of AOS, EAD and AP
Sept. 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment
Sept. 24, 2009 - Received E-mail approval notice for EAD and AP
October 2, 2009 - AP on hand
October 3, 2009 - EAD card on hand
November 12, 2009 - Interview Date / Approved
November 23, 2009 - Green Card Received

March 21, 2012 - Lifting Conditions

May 22, 2013 - Citizenship

if youre just going for the shots, then most likely youll still be able to catch your afternoon flight. just go there as early as you can.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
It would be better if you consider staying in the hotel overnight since Tuesday would be extremely busy. Waiting for the results after the immunization would take 3-4 hrs or maybe more. Goodluck!

Met online (YM): 2003-07-31

First time we met in person (NAIA): 2007-08-23

2nd visit here in Phil: 2007-11-16

3rd visit here in Phil: 2007-12-28

4th visit here in Phil: 2008-11-09

Got engaged (El Nido, Palawan): 2008-11-16

5th visit here in Phil: 2008-12-29

Last time we saw each other: 2009-01-04

I-129F Sent: 2009-03-07

I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-12

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-06-29

NVC received : 2009-07-06

Stuck at NVC for 29 days

Left NVC: 2009-08-05

Embassy received: 2009-08-10

Medical Exam : 2009-08-25/27 PASSED

6th visit here in Phil: 2009-09-19

Interview : 2009-09-22 PASSED

CFO Seminar : 2009-10-02

Flight : 2009-10-23

Married : 2009-11-06

Applied for AOS, EAD and travel permit: 2009-12-09

Biometric schedule: 2010-01-21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

STEP 1

STEP 2

STEP 3

STEP 4

STEP 5

What is your name

How old are you

Are you sexually active

Do you smoke

STEP 1

Thanks for the account of you medical exam and vaccinations. My fiancee is going in on the 22nd. That helps to know what will happen.

4-17-2009 sent K1 Petition

5-1-2009 USCIS received petition

5-4-2009 received NOA1 notice

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

8-3-2009 NVC received petition

8-4-2009 NVC sent petition to Manila

9-22-2009 Medical Exam (scar on lungs) will have sputum test done

9-28-2009 K1 visa interview (canceled)

12-02-2009 call the SLMEC for sputum test report out

12-07-2009 Medical passed

12-08-2009 CFO

December 16, 2009 visa Pink Slip

December 20, 2009 entered USA

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.