GD21

Picking up the visa

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I read in the blueprint it's like 50/50 you can pick it up. My girl really wants to because of nosy cousins who regularly open her mail then give it to her. #######!?! Obviously the visa packet has some stuff that says you can't open and I am worried it'll get opened... But anyway anyone with some recent experience on this. Does she just ask at the end and hope or should she mention the situation? Even though it sounds far fetched it's apparently true.

I read in the blueprint it's like 50/50 you can pick it up. My girl really wants to because of nosy cousins who regularly open her mail then give it to her. #######!?! Obviously the visa packet has some stuff that says you can't open and I am worried it'll get opened... But anyway anyone with some recent experience on this. Does she just ask at the end and hope or should she mention the situation? Even though it sounds far fetched it's apparently true.

We were able to pick my wifes at the Embassy. Make the request in writing to the Conoff that interviews her. It's up to them whether they will alllow it or not. That was 2 years ago so I don't know if things have changed since then or not.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

I know of no-one lately that has been allowed to pickup the visa. Emergency only,, they said.

Regardless,,, Air21 will not allow anyone to receive the package unless your wife signs a release for

others to sign for the package.

Regards,

it really depends with the CO if they will let u pick up your visa some say YES but some say NO

Edited by DianneWalgreens

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

lately the embassy allows visa pick up only for emergencies. but the visa delivery is predictble because air21 sends you a text message informing you about it. yesterday they texted me stating they have my docs, and today before 12 noon, they delivered it.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

My wife got hers in 3 days Air 21 no problems at all, they even text her the day before.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

lately the embassy allows visa pick up only for emergencies. but the visa delivery is predictble because air21 sends you a text message informing you about it. yesterday they texted me stating they have my docs, and today before 12 noon, they delivered it.

:dance: :dance: :dance: wow congratz!!! now u can be with ur hubby... goodluck and have a happy life... :thumbs: :thumbs:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Hi! I just read your post. I had my visa picked up just two months ago. Just call the embassy and ask if they will allow your wife/fiance to pick it up. In my case, My husband called the embassy and said that he can fax a request letter for visa pick up and they granted it. Actually its case to case basis and really depends on the consul who's the one conducted the interview. Goodluck and God bless. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.