SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part18)

6,027 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Jawi, I could def relate to your story. Even when Steven leaves to go hang out with his friends for a few hours, at first I'm like "Yes! I get to catch up online/with tv/whatever." But then I'm SO glad to see him return. That's why I think absence is great temporarily: it gives us a chance to miss our loved ones.

I'm frustrated with DHL. The interview was Monday. They picked up the visa package on Tuesday. However, the status has been "Shipment on hold" ever since Tuesday afternoon! Stop holding the shipment & sent it to Montego Bay! I read that the MoBay DHL office (which is RIGHT by the airport) is closed on Saturdays, but the DHL phone recording said that they are open from 9 to 1 on Saturday. I plan to call back when they open today at 8:30 to see if there's any possibility of his package arriving today or tomorrow morning.

Hey Nat...the on hold status means they haven't gotten the package from the Embassy yet. When they get it, the status will change to ready for pick up by receipient. Are you still in Jamaica? Do you plan to stay until he is ready to come home with you?

I was going to say the same thing Jawi.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning yardies,

Well I spend the night in the Emergency . I was feeling excruciating pain in my lower abdomen. I have to do an U/S later today. They thought it was an ectopic pregnancy, but the test came back negative. So they did a swab and I will get the results in 2 days. I just pray everything is okay! :blush:

What an interesting topic last night!

Jawi.... (((((((((((((BIG HUG)))))))))))))))))) he will be back b4 u know it! :thumbs:

I am tired so I am going to be resting today! Have a good day. I will be on later! Just remember ur friend on the north part of the border! :star:

1luv don't worry i went through all kinds of stuff with my last (they even gave me pills to flush after my predicted miscarriage which never took place :blush: ) I have a healthy bouncing and hyper 2yr old son so just trust in god get plenty of rest and stay off your feet (walking makes your uterus contract :unsure: ).

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Sorry to hear, 1Luv, get some rest and hope you feel better!

As for the red flags / sharing what's on the board -

I share some of what's on the site with DJ = I don't get into minute details, but definitely give him some of the stories - Some of which we get a good laugh over together, some that happen to my friends will anger him just as they did me - We also talk about timelines, etc... I don't however, hold things against him or base feelings towards him by what happened to someone else - Cause he is not that person.

Red Flags - there are some people that are going to do what they want, regardless of what someone tries to tell them is a red flag - If I see someone who I definitely suspect that there are issues in the relationship, I will try to hint around it - But if they don't want to see it, they aren't going to see it - If I feel that I have definite beliefs or solid proof about something, I will reach out to that person - and have - But I am not gonna put it out here on the board for all to read - that is the other person's choice of whether or not they want to do that.

I am sure there are things within my relationship that someone looking at it from the outside would see as a red flag - But having been through it first hand, experienced it, seen the scars - To me it's bad luck, not a flag -

True; that's why I don't bother.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jawi, I could def relate to your story. Even when Steven leaves to go hang out with his friends for a few hours, at first I'm like "Yes! I get to catch up online/with tv/whatever." But then I'm SO glad to see him return. That's why I think absence is great temporarily: it gives us a chance to miss our loved ones.

I'm frustrated with DHL. The interview was Monday. They picked up the visa package on Tuesday. However, the status has been "Shipment on hold" ever since Tuesday afternoon! Stop holding the shipment & sent it to Montego Bay! I read that the MoBay DHL office (which is RIGHT by the airport) is closed on Saturdays, but the DHL phone recording said that they are open from 9 to 1 on Saturday. I plan to call back when they open today at 8:30 to see if there's any possibility of his package arriving today or tomorrow morning.

Hey Nat...the on hold status means they haven't gotten the package from the Embassy yet. When they get it, the status will change to ready for pick up by receipient. Are you still in Jamaica? Do you plan to stay until he is ready to come home with you?

I was going to say the same thing Jawi.

Sorry to hear Nat - But I think you need to be realistic and not get your hopes too high - Look at how long it took others to get their visa - sometimes a month or two - I would hope for the best, but prepare for it not -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sorry to hear, 1Luv, get some rest and hope you feel better!

As for the red flags / sharing what's on the board -

I share some of what's on the site with DJ = I don't get into minute details, but definitely give him some of the stories - Some of which we get a good laugh over together, some that happen to my friends will anger him just as they did me - We also talk about timelines, etc... I don't however, hold things against him or base feelings towards him by what happened to someone else - Cause he is not that person.

Red Flags - there are some people that are going to do what they want, regardless of what someone tries to tell them is a red flag - If I see someone who I definitely suspect that there are issues in the relationship, I will try to hint around it - But if they don't want to see it, they aren't going to see it - If I feel that I have definite beliefs or solid proof about something, I will reach out to that person - and have - But I am not gonna put it out here on the board for all to read - that is the other person's choice of whether or not they want to do that.

I am sure there are things within my relationship that someone looking at it from the outside would see as a red flag - But having been through it first hand, experienced it, seen the scars - To me it's bad luck, not a flag -

Woman ain't no (yes I meant the double negative) red flags in y'all's relationship. Please...I have never met you...but I know in my heart that you are solid...I know it like the air I breathe...

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Happy Bawn Day Ms Tee!

t3319.gif

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
Mornin' Chiney.. JAwi, you will be ok.... Promise! :-) I can totally feel the love in your posts.

Last night at Buju I was thiking about Quana's post too... Louis was so cute, dancin... YES DANCIN! and singing with me and was having so much fun, and so happy to be there with me. Such a great feeling.

On another note... he met another LUCIAN! Yeah, he was so happy. The guy knew his father, uncle and that side of the fam. He lives in NH but that is close enough. We will have to get together.

The only bad thing is this guys wife was at home and he was chattin' up some other girl. I hate that. Then another guy telling Louis how there are so many girls... blah blah... while I am right there! Louis just said "I am all set, I have what I need, I love my wife". He said the guy talked so much he must have swallowed a juke box! LOL

Thanks Irie....I hate that too. It's so sad. So far A's friends have been totally respectable. They smile so hard at me that I think their faces will just crack open...and tell me that A can't stop talking about me. I'm also cool with the fact that the two friends I have met didn't come here by marrying...they actually haven't seen A since primary school. But, it gives him an outlet and I don't worry about him being out there. He has only gone out once...even though I tell him to go and have a good time. If I tell him that I'm not up to going...he will start getting his clothes together...then he ends up getting back in bed with me and telling them to go without him.

I guess the next time, I will have to forget about the neck pain and go out with them. I just don't want to ruin the night because I can't manage.

Jawi don't worry dear he'll be back in no time t4608.gifand he will be in the same country no VJ to see him I know the feeling I go through it every time I have to leave my Hubby (4yrs +)t4435.gif

Yeah I know...he wants me to try and meet him up there...but I have so much on my plate right now...I don't think I can swing airfare to NY...even though I have been dying to meet up with my girls there. *sigh* Ms. Sheka we have a little over 5 years now...I have never shared so much info about us...but I feel like I'm bursting at the seams...just has to come out. Now, we have had our days when I want to WRING his neck and chop his feet out from under him.

:rofl::rofl: I had that feeling yesterday :whistle: but don't let your emotions take you over because then you won't be able to enjoy him being here :blush: don't worry trust me you will be fine just be sure you communicate with him. :thumbs:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline
Happy Bawn Day Ms Tee!

t3319.gif

Hey PhillyMAINEnista....

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Woman ain't no (yes I meant the double negative) red flags in y'all's relationship. Please...I have never met you...but I know in my heart that you are solid...I know it like the air I breathe...

Thanks, Jawi - Pretty soon he's gonna be feeling my solid foot up his azz, though :whistle:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Happy Birthday Ms Tee! Today is my youngest son's and nephew's birthday too...they both turned 7!!!!! Yes, my brother's ex and I had our babies on the same day and they were born exactly an hour apart. My poor mother was all over the city that day because we had them at different hospitals. LOL

Good morning yardies!

I know I said earlier that I was kinda counting down to A leaving for NY for some me time. :unsure: I don't know what I'm going to do. I miss him already and he leaves on Sunday.

Morning, All.

Happy Birthday, mstee!

Nat i know someone who had that same experience and they called the embassy :blush:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Thanks, Jawi - Pretty soon he's gonna be feeling my solid foot up his azz, though :whistle:

:rofl: need help :rofl:

:rofl: need help :rofl:

sus; I know the entertainer you're talking about at RDMB (GOOD) Lord

tep aff a mi name

I'm sorry Luv..hope u feel better soon!!

Screw red flags..whateva! do u! it no work out..it no work out..oh well..move on...My thing is just not to let this be about a GC

I agree, I don't like the term "RED FLAG"...I really want to type something else but I might get another warning for violating TOS (even though what I wrote was in raw PATWAH)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

LMAO @ Sus...and that is actually why I know beyond a shadow of doubt. If I ever find out he made a liar out of me...you will be able to blow me over with a feather... :thumbs:

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.