SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part18)

6,027 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
what is the issue then? who are you blaming?

it is a big problem in America too....difference is when my neighbor that has 8 kids and cannot afford them is in need, the city, state, and federal governement has the means to step in and provide food, shelter, and a bus for those kids to get to school...not to mention there is no fee for public education

The issue is that there are many that are illiterate and we want to try and help where we can because we love Jamaica. Its part of us now, it means someting to us. If we can touch one life that means a great deal. Sure its a big problem in the USA however education in the USA is FREE. Unfortunately its not in JA. I dont think shes trying to blame anyone. Its just a fact. Doesnt matter who is to blame, what matters is what WE can do to help. It may not be much but if we can help one or two people thats great. Just imagine if that person we help, that wants to learn and is able to because of us, becomes Prime Minister one day and makes a change for the island.

America does have illiteracy as well but me personally i dont know anyone here illiterate and i know alot of people.However, in Jamaica, I can count many.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
There are jobs in JA u just have to pass ur CXCs and then some. If u do not even have a HS Diploma where does that leave you, in a country that the job market is already limited?

ahhh Sugah Dumplin :)

thats what im saying..with these limitations, shouldn't their be some concern by those higher up? we know the parents SHOULD do better but how can u promote higher thinking w/out some incentive??? i think that is where a government entitiy comes in.. w/ programs like Head Start and CMS to pay for child care for low income families so they can work.. the gubment promotes seeking education to the lowincome and disadvantaged.

just seeing if their could be some kind of parallel.. parents are not gonna care on their own?? what could ignite the concern??? but i guess i answer my own question.. its groups like OAFJF that will have to do it..

Timeline

it is a big problem in America too....difference is when my neighbor that has 8 kids and cannot afford them is in need, the city, state, and federal governement has the means to step in and provide food, shelter, and a bus for those kids to get to school...not to mention there is no fee for public education

It is Jamaican Society..we cannot compare that with any other!

Did I say I was blaming anyone? I want more to be done..Parents have to start first! and then school and the teachers have to do their BEST!

ANd who is paying for ur neighbor to have 8 kids?

NO EDUCATION=NO CXCS=NO GOOD JOB=NO MONEY TO PAY TAXES=NO GOVERNMENT HELP AND IT REPEATS.....WITH NO JOB OR GOOD JOB=NO EDUCATION TO SEND KIDS TO SCHOOL="ITS A CYCLE" RIGHT?? Minimum wage there is not nice.

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
There are jobs in JA u just have to pass ur CXCs and then some. If u do not even have a HS Diploma where does that leave you, in a country that the job market is already limited?

thats what im saying..with these limitations, shouldn't their be some concern by those higher up? we know the parents SHOULD do better but how can u promote higher thinking w/out some incentive??? i think that is where a government entitiy comes in.. w/ programs like Head Start and CMS to pay for child care for low income families so they can work.. the gubment promotes seeking education to the lowincome and disadvantaged.

just seeing if their could be some kind of parallel.. parents are not gonna care on their own?? what could ignite the concern??? but i guess i answer my own question.. its groups like OAFJF that will have to do it..

Yes..I agree..but..we have to bring down crime and violence which directly affects education!! This FIGHT TO ERADICATE ILLITERACY BEGAN IN THE 70S..WHY IS JAMAICA STILL FIGHTING THIS AND MOST ARE MEN? WE NEED EVERYONE TO GET INVOLVED

Quana..also..ALOT of children in Jamaica do not get preschool education..which often affects schooling thereafter

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It is Jamaican Society..we cannot compare that with any other!

Did I say I was blaming anyone? I want more to be done..Parents have to start first! and then school and the teachers have to do their BEST!

ANd who is paying for ur neighbor to have 8 kids?

problem is waaaaaaaaay bigger than you or I.......one that has no easy solution....many factors are to blame. props for taking a stab at it...

Timeline
and yet another vicious cycle.. some of the violence from those who are uneducated and frustreated and broke..

Exaccctly... and i know a few folks stories where they have left home like at 15.. that seems the age they do for some reason. And fend for themself best way they know how. Survival....From other stories i have heard, kids stop school because parents cant keep up the fees to go and its inconsistent or the kids jus stop all together and work to help their family.

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

Yes..I agree..but..we have to bring down crime and violence which directly affects education!! This FIGHT TO ERADICATE ILLITERACY BEGAN IN THE 70S..WHY IS JAMAICA STILL FIGHTING THIS AND MOST ARE MEN? WE NEED EVERYONE TO GET INVOLVED

Quana..also..ALOT of children in Jamaica do not get preschool education..which often affects schooling thereafter

oh i SEEE.. thats why they created the head start here.. too many kids were entering kindergarten nuh knoa nuttin and WAYYY behind..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Finesse, I know its WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY bigger than any of us...BUT WE can make a difference..2 fish 5 loaves!!!!

ANd Q..I did a project on that..WE NEED TO START EARLY WITH OUR CHILDREM. Too many of our children are hung up on who looks fly or what new game is out etc.

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

The issue is that there are many that are illiterate and we want to try and help where we can because we love Jamaica. Its part of us now, it means someting to us. If we can touch one life that means a great deal. Sure its a big problem in the USA however education in the USA is FREE. Unfortunately its not in JA. I dont think shes trying to blame anyone. Its just a fact. Doesnt matter who is to blame, what matters is what WE can do to help. It may not be much but if we can help one or two people thats great. Just imagine if that person we help, that wants to learn and is able to because of us, becomes Prime Minister one day and makes a change for the island.

America does have illiteracy as well but me personally i dont know anyone here illiterate and i know alot of people.However, in Jamaica, I can count many.

i think it does matter who is to blame....or what is to blame. how can you fix something when you don't know how it became broken?

Timeline

Okay - We need fi start announce di name changes! Mi tinks a new poster just dove in and mouthed off to Finesse, lol

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Okay - We need fi start announce di name changes! Mi tinks a new poster just dove in and mouthed off to Finesse, lol

we are having a healthy conversation here, sus....boobies.gif

Timeline

She thought a newbie came in. She was ready to jump to your defense, Finesse.

Ha ha....put the gloves away, Sus.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

She thought a newbie came in. She was ready to jump to your defense, Finesse.

Ha ha....put the gloves away, Sus.

mi can dish it out.....so mi surely can tek it....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.