4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Permanent Resident (Green Card) the Mother: I would like to know how long will it take if I file for my daughter who is 17 years old now to come in the US, How long will the process take for her to get a visa.

Also my son is over 21 of age How long will it take him? And do I have to file separte petitions for both of them?

You should file for both of them right away. Your daughter might be able to make it early (there's 50/50 change). Right now your daughter falls under 2A (right now they're working on 15-APR-2005 so 4+ years if you file now) and your son is under 2B (01-JUL-2001 so 9+ years).

If by then you become US citizen you can do a change of status (I am still looking into this since I have to do COS of my widow sister which my mother filled). Also you have to file separate petition for both.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Permanent Resident (Green Card) the Mother: I would like to know how long will it take if I file for my daughter who is 17 years old now to come in the US, How long will the process take for her to get a visa.

Also my son is over 21 of age How long will it take him? And do I have to file separte petitions for both of them?

Mom needs to file one I-130 for daughter and a second I-130 for son. LPRs can not petition for married children, so the children must not get married until mom becomes a USC if they want to immigrate to the US.

Daughter will take about 4-5 years to get a visa and CSPA should protect her if she ages out by turning 21 before a visa becomes available. Her category would be F2a (LPR petitioning for an unmarried child under 21). Age is determined at the time a visa becomes available and not at the time a petition is filed. Son will be in the F2b category (LPR petitioning for an unmarried child over 21) which takes 8-9 years for a visa.

FILE TODAY!!! If you wait, daughter may end up in the F2b category by aging out (turn 21 before a visa becomes available in the F2a category and CSPA offers no relief).

This will help.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_4558.html

Also study Ling che's NVC shortcuts to give you an idea whats ahead.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...he_NVC_ShortCut

Things will no doubt change some by the time your petitions go to NVC.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.