bigkeeser

Medical Exam requirements

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Going for a K-1 Visa.... I've looked all over for what they actually test for during the Medical Exam. I know my fiancee needs to bring a copy of her Vaccinations. I have found what is required online. She's going to check if she is current with everything

What else do they test for? She will be going to the Embassy in Frankfurt, Germany. My guess is probably a TB test, STD test, anything else??? We just wanted to make sure there won't be any problems she can't fix ahead of time. She's in good health with no problems that we know about. Just wanted to be on the safe side.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

She has to be up to date with the following: tetanus, diphteria, pertussis, if she's under a certain age (I think it's 26, not sure) at least the first HPV shot, the rest can be done in the states. An antibody test for varicella (chicken pox) might be useful. And of course she should have gotten 2 measel-mumps-rubella shots during her entire life.

During the medical they do a chest x-ray for TB, she has to sign a consent form for an HIV test, therefore they take blood. And a normal urine sample for all other tests (STDs, kidney and liver function I think). She has to fill out a questionnaire about surgeries and illnesses in the past, no worries, this is really easy and in German and the staff is very helpful. Then the doctor does a little vision test, checks her blood pressure, heart beat, lung, ears, mouth, hands and inner organs and asks some questions about drugs, alcohol and mental illnesses.

She needs to bring: passport foto, passport, case number, the yellow vaccination book and 140 Euros (that's what I had to pay in April this year)

Since she has to do AOS here, she needs a copy of the vaccination sheet the doctors fills out. She should ask for that, they tend to forget that. If they say no, she is entitled to a copy, it clearly says so on the bottom of the form!

I don't know if this is exactly what a K1 has to expect since I did an IR1 visa, but it should be the same...

10-10-2008: I-130 Sent

11-14-2008: NOA1

01-13-2009: Transfer to CSC

01-30-2009: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!

02-04-2009: NOA2 in mail

04-14-2009: medical

05-14-2009: Interview

05-15-2009: picked up visa

05-24-2009: PoE: Miami

06-04-2009: received 2 ! welcome letters

06-08-2009: received 3rd welcome letter

06-25-2009: Greencard in mail

07-06-2009: received SSN

07-13-2009: got my DL!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Thanks a lot, very helpful. Well, this brings up another question. She had her appendix removed a year ago in America. (long story, haha). I know it's a pretty common thing to happen. I know atleast 5 people who have had theirs removed. She hasn't had any problems since then. Do you think that would affect anything? My gut tells me no, but I worry too much about all this stuff, haha.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Once the appendix is out everything is fine. I had several surgeries and the doctor only asked me if I still had problems. Nothing happened. She's gonna be fine.

10-10-2008: I-130 Sent

11-14-2008: NOA1

01-13-2009: Transfer to CSC

01-30-2009: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!

02-04-2009: NOA2 in mail

04-14-2009: medical

05-14-2009: Interview

05-15-2009: picked up visa

05-24-2009: PoE: Miami

06-04-2009: received 2 ! welcome letters

06-08-2009: received 3rd welcome letter

06-25-2009: Greencard in mail

07-06-2009: received SSN

07-13-2009: got my DL!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.