treehugger

PCC gaps?

13 posts in this topic

Although I know what NVC requires in the form of police clearance certificates, I just need a little clarification on actually filling out the application form before sending out to ACRO. Do I need to list every single address I've lived at since I was 16, even though I might have been there for only a few weeks or months, so that it doesn't look like I went AWOL in between longer residences? Thanks :)

If I recall correctly, I think you only have to list previous addresses for the past 5 years on the ACRO form.

If I recall correctly, I think you only have to list previous addresses for the past 5 years on the ACRO form.

Thanks, Welshcookie, but I've been told to disregard the five year bit on the actual form and supply everything from 16 onwards (as I'm ever so slightly older than 21 :P ), but they didn't specify whether I should include the really short stints.

Edited by treehugger

Ah I see...well if you are concerned just put all addresses and mark the short stays as temporary addresses so they have a full picture....glad they didn't ask me for every address since I was 16, my memory went downhill once I hit 40 :lol:

Good luck with your journey :D

I've been told to disregard the five year bit on the actual form and supply everything from 16 onwards

May I ask who told you to disregard what the form says to do? We only filled in the last five years and had no problems.

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Same here.

Only submitted what was asked for on the forms. 5 Years.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Ah I see...well if you are concerned just put all addresses and mark the short stays as temporary addresses so they have a full picture....glad they didn't ask me for every address since I was 16, my memory went downhill once I hit 40 :lol:

Good luck with your journey :D

Same here.

Only submitted what was asked for on the forms. 5 Years.

Someone who'd emigrated to the US. Personally, I think that seeing NVC wants from 16 onwards, I should be trying to provide what they want, and not just stick to the five years on the ACPO, otherwise there'll be a rather large gap and the last thing I want is an RFE, or is that not the case? Then again...only having to put my current address as opposed to trying to remember the exact addresses of my youth is soooo much easier :)

I've been told to disregard the five year bit on the actual form and supply everything from 16 onwards

May I ask who told you to disregard what the form says to do? We only filled in the last five years and had no problems.

This is what the NVC website says they require:

* Passport(s) valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States

* Birth certificate

* Divorce or death certificate of any previous spouse

* Marriage certificate

* Police certificate from all places lived since age 16

* Medical examination

* Evidence of financial support. A completed Form I-864 Affidavit of Support from petitioner/ sponsor is required.

* Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Form DS-230, both Part I and Part II

* Two immigrant visa photos

* Proof of the marriage and the husband/wife relationship

* Payment of immigrant processing fees, as explained below

So how can a police certifcate that covers only the past five years for an applicant over the age of 21 be acceptable?? :huh:

So how can a police certifcate that covers only the past five years for an applicant over the age of 21 be acceptable?? :huh:

If you question why they ask you for everything they ask you for, you'll go crazy. Is it not enough that we've all already successfully done it and that this is the police certificate the embassy requires?

I could make up a story explaining it if it'd make you feel better. Maybe anything older then 5 years will either be dismissed or put on some sort of big overall record, whereas recent things, within the last 5 years, might still only be listed locally and so they need those addresses to check up on you. Who knows?!

I'm just teasing you. Be thankful they don't ask for more info than they do, fill in the form and get a move on it already!

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

I'm just teasing you. Be thankful they don't ask for more info than they do, fill in the form and get a move on it already!

Thanks, imaisha :) The form's already filled out, I was just dithering over the addresses...you're right, I'm making life more complicated than it needs to be!!

Thanks, imaisha :) The form's already filled out, I was just dithering over the addresses...you're right, I'm making life more complicated than it needs to be!!

It's a stressful process and we all want to 'get it right', but as I learned, even if you do get an RFE over this or anything else ( I got one on the day of my interview and was leaving the following week :P) it won't set you back a whole lot of time...but I understand your worries, just provide what they ask.

It's a stressful process and we all want to 'get it right', but as I learned, even if you do get an RFE over this or anything else ( I got one on the day of my interview and was leaving the following week :P) it won't set you back a whole lot of time...but I understand your worries, just provide what they ask.

Thanks...I was so focused on the form, I forgot that I need to have more passport photos taken and have them verified etc - now THAT bit I definitely hate :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.