elishav

Technicality in filing for naturalization

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

My husband and I are now filing for his citizenship. As was the case when we removed the conditions of permanent residency, we have not been able to physically live together the whole time, due to attending school at different universities an hour and a half apart. I wanted to wait until the five year mark was up so this would not be an issue, but he is close to graduating and wants to apply for jobs that are just for citizens so we decided to file 9 moths before the five year mark is up. We saw each other on the weekends and now live together full time, but I was wondering whether or not this might be an issue when it comes to interview time. Does anyone have any experience on this matter? As proof we are still living together, we gave copies of our tax returns.

November 8, 2004-Submitted AOS application

December 10, 2004-Application returned

December 31, 2004-Resubmitted application

February 28, 2005-Notice of Reciept

March 28, 2005-Appointment to pick up EAD

April 16, 2005-Fingerprinting

April 27, 2005-Interview in Sacramento-A Success!!

August 20, 2009 Mailed application for citizenship to Phoenix

August 25, 2009 Recd package in Phoenix

August 28, 2009 Date of NOA

September 1, 2009 Check Cashed

September 22, 2009 Appointment for fingerprinting

October 9, 2009 NOA of Interview

November 23, 2009 Interview date-A success

December 16, 2009-Oath at 8:30AM Merry Christmas!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I would only mention your permanent home address as the studying place is not a permanent address. I doubt this will be an issue. I would not mention this unless someone asks you about this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello my friend, this is my personal opinion, I agree with the other person in the thread. You don't have to tell nothing to USCIS unless they ask you or they detect something. Believe me, they are not GOD, you have just to keep the same address of the license, everything matching with both name, all the things together as possible, that it is. Try to keep every record of living, including the billing of his University, Paystubs, and everything that verify that. IMPORTANT THING: Do not change the ADDRESS WHERE YOU HAVE THE ADDRESS IN THE DRIVER LICENSE. Thanks, I hope this work for you, bye,

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Thank you for your help. I will let my head rest about it. I would just hate something like that to get in the way of his citizenship application, especially because he will make a better citizen than I am ;). Thanks again for your support. Visa journey has never failed me!

November 8, 2004-Submitted AOS application

December 10, 2004-Application returned

December 31, 2004-Resubmitted application

February 28, 2005-Notice of Reciept

March 28, 2005-Appointment to pick up EAD

April 16, 2005-Fingerprinting

April 27, 2005-Interview in Sacramento-A Success!!

August 20, 2009 Mailed application for citizenship to Phoenix

August 25, 2009 Recd package in Phoenix

August 28, 2009 Date of NOA

September 1, 2009 Check Cashed

September 22, 2009 Appointment for fingerprinting

October 9, 2009 NOA of Interview

November 23, 2009 Interview date-A success

December 16, 2009-Oath at 8:30AM Merry Christmas!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.