nikibee

Priority date! My case already came to my embassy but..

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I called my country us embassy today, the human told me that my case have just came there, but I have to wait about a priority date, that they almost are ther with it. She told me that my priority date was July 9 88 but I think she got confused because if the priority date is the date that Inmigration received my case, it was on 98 so?? cuould you tell me what is a priority date?? it is on the date that inmigration received the case or iis another date. please!!!

She told me that I have to wait and in some time the embassy would sent a letter to my lawyer putting my interview date, what does it mean?? please!! help me!!

Filed: Timeline
I called my country us embassy today, the human told me that my case have just came there, but I have to wait about a priority date, that they almost are ther with it. She told me that my priority date was July 9 88 but I think she got confused because if the priority date is the date that Inmigration received my case, it was on 98 so?? cuould you tell me what is a priority date?? it is on the date that inmigration received the case or iis another date. please!!!

She told me that I have to wait and in some time the embassy would sent a letter to my lawyer putting my interview date, what does it mean?? please!! help me!!

Petitions for immigrant visas (other than immediate relative categories for USCs) are subject to an annual quota. The priority date you were given is the date of visa petition receipt that is being processed at the moment. If your petition was submitted in 98 and they are processing 88 at this time, then that means there is an approximate 10 year wait.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

From reading your previous posts, it seems your husband filed a I-130 on your behalf and you should'nt have a priority date. You might want to contact your embassy and clarify that the information on your petition is correct.

Hope things work out for you.

Filed: Timeline

From reading your previous posts, it seems your husband filed a I-130 on your behalf and you should'nt have a priority date. You might want to contact your embassy and clarify that the information on your petition is correct.

Hope things work out for you.

Husband is an LPR not a citizen.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

In that case you may want to check with the consulate exactly when a visa will be available.

If the wait is going to be a long one you can apply for a V class Visa.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffair...ifevvisarel.htm

INS Implements ‘V’ Nonimmigrant Provision of the LIFE Act

WASHINGTON –– The Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) implemented the new V nonimmigrant status to allow certain spouses and minor children of lawful permanent residents to reside and work in the United States while waiting to obtain immigrant status. This provision is one of several immigration benefits provided by the Legal Immigration Family Equity Act (LIFE Act), enacted on December 21, 2000.

Hope they tell you your number is coming up soon and sorry for the confusion.

Filed: Other Timeline
In that case you may want to check with the consulate exactly when a visa will be available.

If the wait is going to be a long one you can apply for a V class Visa.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffair...ifevvisarel.htm

INS Implements ‘V’ Nonimmigrant Provision of the LIFE Act

WASHINGTON –– The Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) implemented the new V nonimmigrant status to allow certain spouses and minor children of lawful permanent residents to reside and work in the United States while waiting to obtain immigrant status. This provision is one of several immigration benefits provided by the Legal Immigration Family Equity Act (LIFE Act), enacted on December 21, 2000.

Hope they tell you your number is coming up soon and sorry for the confusion.

Thanks all of you!! I took advice and called my embassy to clarify my priority date, and they told me they were wrong and my priority date is current!! So, they are going to send to my home the pkt 4!!! and make an appointment for me as soon as possible!! Thank you people!!! :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.