Hoot

Western Union Sucks

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Western Union and the US Governemt just screwed me over.

I sent my wife $ 1,100 cash via Western Union - and they have put a government hold on it and won't release it till tomorrow which has caused my wife to miss her dentist appointment. She is in the middle of having major dental work done (multiple crowns). Apparently they need to interview me or something. What a crock of ####### !!! I am really steamed over this. I work hard as hell and pay my taxes - What a load of BS !!!

Has anybody else had this happen ???

Is there another method of money transfer that I can use for the future ??? I think once this is fixed I will quit using Western Union - it is expensive - and now very inconvenient.

Also, my wife will arrive here in the USA in October and we will need to send money to her family in Mindanao. Can anybody suggest a better way to send her family money ???

Thank you.

Hoot

I-130 USCIS CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

08/18/2008 - Marriage

01/27/2009 - I-130 Sent

02/06/2009 - I-130 NOA1

02/12/2009 - I-130 NOA1 Hardcopy Received

02/15/2009 - I-129F Sent

02/16/2009 - Our Baby Boy is born !!!

02/23/2009 - I-129F NOA1

03/16/2009 - I-130 Touch

04/24/2009 - I-129F NOA2 Approved

04/24/2009 - I-130 NOA2 Approved

04/30/2009 - I-129F Forwarded to Manila

Filed: Timeline

I sent my wife $ 1,100 cash via Western Union - and they have put a government hold on it and won't release it till tomorrow which has caused my wife to miss her dentist appointment. She is in the middle of having major dental work done (multiple crowns). Apparently they need to interview me or something. What a crock of ####### !!! I am really steamed over this. I work hard as hell and pay my taxes - What a load of BS !!!

Is there another method of money transfer that I can use for the future ??? I think once this is fixed I will quit using Western Union - it is expensive - and now very inconvenient.

Also, my wife will arrive here in the USA in October and we will need to send money to her family in Mindanao. Can anybody suggest a better way to send her family money ???

Thank you.

Hoot

Who put the hold? The Philippine Government? The US Government? This is the first I heard of something like this. Go to Walmart and send a MoneyGram. That's about the cheapest and most reliable way to send funds.

yes xoom no question asked upto $6000.00

good luck

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Timeline

Western Union apparently is required to select "random" transactions by some US Government regulation. That is what Western Union told me. I suspect that all of the services from Walmart to Xoom are subject to the same regulations.

hoot

Who put the hold? The Philippine Government? The US Government? This is the first I heard of something like this. Go to Walmart and send a MoneyGram. That's about the cheapest and most reliable way to send funds.

I-130 USCIS CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

08/18/2008 - Marriage

01/27/2009 - I-130 Sent

02/06/2009 - I-130 NOA1

02/12/2009 - I-130 NOA1 Hardcopy Received

02/15/2009 - I-129F Sent

02/16/2009 - Our Baby Boy is born !!!

02/23/2009 - I-129F NOA1

03/16/2009 - I-130 Touch

04/24/2009 - I-129F NOA2 Approved

04/24/2009 - I-130 NOA2 Approved

04/30/2009 - I-129F Forwarded to Manila

Thank you.

Hoot

never heard of a such! my husband have been sending money thru WU for a year now and we never have any problem at all. though some of their system in PI is down sometimes but never cause a delay for me of picking up the $.

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Maybe bcoz u sent more than $1000, try sending like $990..though it will cost much becuz u have to pay 2 remittance fee. I had same problem waaay before becuz my mom sent me more than $1000...

Try BPI remittance center. They have "pick up anywhere" (any bpi branches) facility. =)

as1cA0fVM001810MDAwMDEwN2x8MDQ1MTAzNGx8V2VcJ3JlIGluIExEUiBmb3IgIA.gif

as1cEZpVM001810MDAwMTg3NHN8MDExM3N8b3VyIEsxIGpvdXJuZXkgc3RhcnRlZA.gif

Thank you.

Hoot

Hello Hoot!

My fiance and I have a really convenient way for money transfer. He asked me to create a Paypal account and I did. I linked my bank account details to my Paypal account so the transfer was as simple as he sends me money from his Paypal to my Paypal then I withdraw from Paypal to my debit card. The whole transfer from my Paypal to my savings account is in two to three days. As for the fees, Paypal takes out Php 50 while my bank deducts Php 150. :luv:

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Thank you.

Hoot

[/quo

My hubby used to send me money when i was in the Phils and been sending my family money for years thru moneygram and never had a problem at all. It is cheaper and works fast like WU. We also tried xoom and works for us too.

Timeline

Thank you.

Hoot

You will send your SO to the Philippines National Bank, there she will apply and receive the GLOBAL MONEY CARD. the service is called Rapid Remit. You can Google PNB-RCI and find a branch here. While its an extra step as you need to send them a money order, I have never had a problem with them. You send the money order to the branch that is closest to you and they will put on her Global Money Card. The fee is 6.00 up to 500.00. They will send you the receipt and a new envelope for the next remit.

The branch for me is in Miami. Again, its one extra step but the service is beyond compare. Other people like XOOM however my online transaction one time with them did not go through. They canceled the transaction but it took my bank 30 days to release the funds back to my debit card. This sucked because it was Christmas money I was sending her. I just did not want to take a chance with them again if the debit card failed to process.

So she sets the account up at PNB, you send PNB RCI the money order. (I never ever send more then 500 at a time. and more often it was 200 to 250.00) You include the 6.00 fee and within 36 hours it is on the card. There is a hidden benefit. She does not have to withdraw the money all at one time. It works exactly like a debit card. The one thing that always frightened me with WU and XOOM, they have to take all the money at once. Good Luck

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-08-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-08-29

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-26

NVC Received : 2009-02-02

NVC Left : 2009-02-09

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-07-16

Visa Received : 2009-07-22

US Entry : 2009-08-11

Marriage : 2009-08-21

Comments : She recived the first notice from Manila on Valentines day. Perfect timing.

The first setback came during the medical. Naty had to do the 3 day sputum and then we waited 2 months for the results. YESSSS>came back negative

Went for her interview on July 16th and received her Pink Slip......Finally. Paid the AIR21 and I expect her here August 10th, 2009. Marriage will be August 21st, exactly 4 years to the day that we first met.

Timeline

Yep, XOOM 's money in minutes program ended up refunding my my money 2 days later once! Never gave them another shot.

Thank you.

Hoot

Oh yes, a much cheaper way until they figure out how to stop it. Open a second account at your bank and link it to your checking account. Have the debit card placed on foreign status and get it to her (don't use RP postal service). to send money, just log in online here and transfer money to that account. Tell them not to leave a $0.00 balance so the account will remain open. Next week marks 1 year and this is still working for me.

Working on AOS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you.

Hoot

we are using western union and dont have any problem w/ it..my hubby used to sent me $ 5000 and we never encounter like that..

%3ca%20href=">%3ca%20href=%3ca%20href=[cent

Picture338-1.gif

er][/center]">

Picture285-1.jpg

%3ca%20href=Picture352.jpg">

%3ca%20href=Picture330.jpg">

Timeline

We have used Remithome.com, Moneygram and Western union and only had a problem once, it seams one of my wifes brothers has a name that matches a name on some list and it took a couple of extra days for the money to clear. It was under $1,000 and we have had no problems sending to any other person.

Many VJers in the past have opened a joint account with (BDO) Banco De Oro or HSBC to get around the transfer fees. I forgot the name of the option, but a search on VJ or a VJer who knows may post the info.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.