Qiix

My CFO Question

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is the cfo home page has all the info you need!

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/fs_manila.htm

Time Line:

Met on-line: April 2006

First meeting: July 2006 Broacy great time. rained but so memorable

Second Meeting: March 2007 Met Family and friends 2 weeks time flue by

Third Meeting: October 2007 met friends and more family

Forth Meeting: October 2008 Engaged were it started Boracay 2 weeks in heaven

Petition sent in: May 5th postal over night with postal money order

Signed for at CSC: May 6th

Contacted USCS not received NOA1: June 12th. Got Receit number NOA! receipt sent to wrong address Corrected Stated NOA1 date said to be by contacted agent as 6 May

Touched: 31May for returned NOA1

Touched: 18 June asume to correct address

Touched: 07July Move from desk to desk. no change of status

NOA2: 12 Aug Sweet got e-mail notification of status changed to aproved!!

NOA2: 18 Aug Hard Copy arrived via snail mail yeepeee

NVC: 24 August received NVC stating fowarded to embasy petitioner will be contacted within week for instructions.

Embasy Letter: 4 September

Medical: 05/06 Ootober Passed..Yeepeee!

Interview 19 Octoober ...:::) Passed!!!!!!

Visa Dilivered: 22nd October Sweeeeeeet

POE: 29th Seattle then little flight to Spokane Yeeepeee my partner is home!!

Married: November 30th 2009 Journey complete!

Hello,

In regards to CFO seminar, does my wife have to make an appointment for this service, or can she just show up? My wife is expecting her visa via AIR21 delivery this wednesday and I am trying to get her on a flight friday night. Basically, if she can be in Manila by thursday, will we have time to take care of this? Also, what forms will she need to bring with her?

Please, if anyone can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated :)

CFO Website has this to say about scheduling your Seminar in Manila. I haven't been through it yet so I dont know if it is enforced:

Important Reminder:

Beginning January 2008, all emigrants attending the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) and Peer Counseling must reserve a slot in the session, five (5) working days prior to the intended date of attendance. Reservation for the orientation / counseling sessions can be made through the telephone by calling the PDOS reservation line at (02) 563-1965 or 561-8321 local 103, or via e-mail at pdosreserve@cfo.gov.ph, or online by clicking on the following link:

Better to call them and ask. Also here is link to thier website in manila

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/emig_manila.htm

Hello,

In regards to CFO seminar, does my wife have to make an appointment for this service, or can she just show up? My wife is expecting her visa via AIR21 delivery this wednesday and I am trying to get her on a flight friday night. Basically, if she can be in Manila by thursday, will we have time to take care of this? Also, what forms will she need to bring with her?

Please, if anyone can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated :)

CFO Website has this to say about scheduling your Seminar in Manila. I haven't been through it yet so I dont know if it is enforced:

Important Reminder:

Beginning January 2008, all emigrants attending the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) and Peer Counseling must reserve a slot in the session, five (5) working days prior to the intended date of attendance. Reservation for the orientation / counseling sessions can be made through the telephone by calling the PDOS reservation line at (02) 563-1965 or 561-8321 local 103, or via e-mail at pdosreserve@cfo.gov.ph, or online by clicking on the following link:

Better to call them and ask. Also here is link to thier website in manila

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/emig_manila.htm

Thanks again everyone for your good advice. My wife called the CFO office in Manila this morning and they told her she can go to the Good Sheperd Convent to complete this. Has anyone heard of this place??? I tried finding it online, but I didn't get very far. Also, they told her she doesn't need an appointment, that she can just show up the morning of her seminar and to allow at least two days before the flight to complete it. I hope this helps!

First time chatting on yahoo messenger: Jan 6, 2007
Met in person in Manila: May 12, 2007
Returned to Manila: Sep 25, 2007
Will you marry me?: Sep 26, 2007
Wedding: Jan 5, 2008
Mailed I-130 Petition application: Aug 11, 2008
NOA1 for I-130: Aug 15, 2008
Touched (I-130): Aug 21, 2008
Mailed I-129F (K-3) application: Aug 22, 2008
NOA1 for I-129F (K-3): Aug 27, 2008
Touched (K-3): Sep 1, 2008
Touched (I-130): Oct 8, 2008
Touched (I-130): Oct 9, 2008
Approved (K-3 and I-130): Feb 11, 2009
Interview: 6/3/2009- Approved!
POE: 8/25/2009!

AOS
Sent: 3/3/2011
NOA1: 3/11/2011
Biometrics: 4/5/2011 - everything went fine!
RFE: 4/11/2011
RFE response received by USCIS: 4/28/2011

N-400

Filed: 7/17/2014

Text receipt: 7/23/2014

St. Mary's Euphrasia Foundation

Center for Overseas Workers

Good Shepherd Convent

1043 Aurora Blvd. Quezon City

She can go morning and after the counselling she can get sticker in her passport.

question: do u only have to take the seminar once, and the sticker and certificate will be valid for life?

CFO seminar will be taken only once if you're going to the same country. But if..say u took seminar for USA..and u re-married to a Japanese, you will have to attend the seminar again for Japan..that's what the counselor said.

September 2007-- Met Online (FilipinaHeart.com)
March 12,2009-- Married at Quezon City Hall of Justice
USCIS/NVC STAGE
May 8,2009-- I-130 Sent
August 17,2009-- I-130 Approved
August 26, 2009--case received at NVC
November 5,2009--CASE COMPLETED
USEM MANILA STAGE/ U.S. SOIL
November 17-18,2009--Medical PASSED
December 10, 2009--Interview @ 8:30AM A-P-P-R-O-V-E-D
January 25, 2010--FLIGHT(Manila-Japan-Detroit,MI-Buffalo,NY)
February 22,2010-- 2-yr GREEN CARD received
February 26, 2010--SSN received
REMOVING of CONDITIONS
December 22, 2011-- I-751 mailed
February 28, 2012-- Biometrics done

October 10, 2012-- 10-yr GREEN CARD received
NATURALIZATION
January 09, 2013-- sent N-400
January 28, 2013-- Biometrics

May 22, 2013-- Interview Passed- Officially a US Citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.