marklovetina

to all the filipinas...

84 posts in this topic

Want to share mine. Got my divorce decree in Hongkong. Submit the divorce decree and record of my previous marriage from the NSO to the US Embassy, everything went well.

ur of the lucky girls!!!... yeah i heard about this also but really bcoz maybe the co is good about u... and really it is given to u by God ika nga po eh tlagang para sayo ang kapalaran na yan... but when we read the guides and understand it... and follow the legal matters.. dont think it will be ok

divorce is divorce at acceptable yan dito sa USA... magiging illegal lang kung sa pinas kami ikinasal.

yep they will honor ur marriage there in usa but mind u kung di asawa mo ang humabol sayo kaibigan o kamag-anak ng asawa mo i am sure u will get a problem with that.... dahil legal pa rin ang kasl mo d2 sa phil...

Want to share mine. Got my divorce decree in Hongkong. Submit the divorce decree and record of my previous marriage from the NSO to the US Embassy, everything went well.

ur of the lucky girls!!!... yeah i heard about this also but really bcoz maybe the co is good about u... and really it is given to u by God ika nga po eh tlagang para sayo ang kapalaran na yan... but when we read the guides and understand it... and follow the legal matters.. dont think it will be ok

divorce is divorce at acceptable yan dito sa USA... magiging illegal lang kung sa pinas kami ikinasal.

yep they will honor ur marriage there in usa but mind u kung di asawa mo ang humabol sayo kaibigan o kamag-anak ng asawa mo i am sure u will get a problem with that.... dahil legal pa rin ang kasl mo d2 sa phil...

papaanong maghabol ang ex-husband ko if he signed those papers before my lawyer filed the divorce petition in the court? at paanong maghabol ang kaibigan or kamag-anak ng ex-husband ko when my ex had children 3 children in a different women?

oo sis kahit pa signed nya papers for divorce decree pede pa rin ka nyang habulin... o ng kamag-anak mo o ng asawa mo.. for further question about that u can ask a lawyer about this matter.... pero sa answer ko sayo a Big yes... pede po... cant give u more details about this kc di namn ako lawyer eh ung lola ko yaan mo pagnakausap ko ung lola ko at si judge pagnakita ko sa banko itatanong ko ha...

sige lang sis kung yan ang paniniwala mo.... want to remind you na walang record sa nso ang kasal namin ng asawa ko ngayon.

hahhaa.. jan naman ako di maniniwala sayo sis!!!!! kc asa nso main ang tita ko at di nawawala ang record sa red tape... andon ang Billions of record ng marriage ano... kahit pa me divorce decree ka na andon pa rin un hehehe... sino naman ang binola mo jan hahahha...

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ex-husband can go against the ex-wife if he pleases to, but I don't think an ex-husband with 3 kids with different women will have the nerve to against the ex-wife. I know someone who is married in the Phil. and separated for a long time and got married in the states (in that case she divorced her ex in the Phil). I guess this is another case but I still mention it anyway. As long as he/she got married in the Phil. the marriage is for life in papers only. If they got divorce outside the Phil., he/she can remarry here in the US and apply for CR1. When she visits the Phil., he/she still is married with his/her ex in paper. That would not change forever because we don't have divorce there. This post is open for correction if I am mistaken.

papaanong maghabol ang ex-husband ko if he signed those papers before my lawyer filed the divorce petition in the court? at paanong maghabol ang kaibigan or kamag-anak ng ex-husband ko when my ex had children 3 children in a different women?

oo sis kahit pa signed nya papers for divorce decree pede pa rin ka nyang habulin... o ng kamag-anak mo o ng asawa mo.. for further question about that u can ask a lawyer about this matter.... pero sa answer ko sayo a Big yes... pede po... cant give u more details about this kc di namn ako lawyer eh ung lola ko yaan mo pagnakausap ko ung lola ko at si judge pagnakita ko sa banko itatanong ko ha...

sige lang sis kung yan ang paniniwala mo.... want to remind you na walang record sa nso ang kasal namin ng asawa ko ngayon.

maniniwala pa ako kung sinabi mo na nakapagproduce ng legal doc. pero ang maalis ang reord ng kasal mo sa nso isang malaking kalokohan yan....

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

The ex-husband can go against the ex-wife if he pleases to, but I don't think an ex-husband with 3 kids with different women will have the nerve to against the ex-wife. I know someone who is married in the Phil. and separated for a long time and got married in the states (in that case she divorced her ex in the Phil). I guess this is another case but I still mention it anyway. As long as he/she got married in the Phil. the marriage is for life in papers only. If they got divorce outside the Phil., he/she can remarry here in the US and apply for CR1. When she visits the Phil., he/she still is married with his/her ex in paper. That would not change forever because we don't have divorce there. This post is open for correction if I am mistaken.

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent::thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

yeah that is RIGHT!!!

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

yung 1st marriage ko ay oo nasa nso record pero yung sinasabi ko na wala sa nso record ay ang 2nd marriage ko. aysus...baka ka kabagan sa katatawa diyan.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

He don't have the nerve talaga coz' one of his woman sued him for bigamy. He married that woman while he is still married to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

happy me, walls 1010 was referring to her present marriage in the US. It was not reported in the Philippine Consulate so NSO has no record of it. She was married in the Philippines, got divorced in Hongkong, filed K-1 and got married in the US. When she gets her US citizenship she could apply to court in the Philippines to have her divorce recognize and have her former marriage annulled.

05/18/07 married

05/29/07 sent I-130s for me & my daughter at CSC

06/16/07 checks for I-130 cashed

06/19/07 sent I-129F not waiting for noa1 but with printed online copies of checks cashed

06/25/07 check for I-129f cashed

06/29/07 transferred I-129f to CSC

07/03/07 received noa1 in the mail for I-129f

10/31/07 approved K3 and my I-130 except for my daughter

11/05/07 received NOA2 in the mail

12/01/07 received mail from NVC/yey we got our case number

12/20/07 went to St. Lukes and had my early medical exam

01/30/08 schedule for medical

02/07/08 interview, approved!

02/12/08 visa pick-up/cfo

02/14/08 POE-LAX

06/19/08 AOS mailed thru USPS

06/22/08 AOS delivered to Chicago IL

06/28/08 check cashed

06/30/08 received NOA1 dated 06/25/08

07/26/08 biometrics appointment

09/09/08 received EAD card in the mail

12/03/08 received interview letter for Jan 21 2009

01/21/09 approved for conditional permanent residence

02/02/09 permanent residence card arrived in the mail

10/21/10 submit form to remove conditions

01/21/11 10 year gc received

03/05/12 mailed my N-400

03/06/12 received email that they have my N-400

04/05/12 biometrics

hi there....id like to add on:

what m about to write here is the same thing i replied to her post regarding Cenomar..as per my own understanding, Cenomar is only given to those ladies who were never married..before or during the application of K-1..its not true that K-1 applicants are all single and were required to present Cenomar..like in the case of already annulled women before filing of K-1, may not be presenting their Cenomar because they were married before in the eyes of the Phil. law..in other words, she can put in her I-129 form "single" but with alias (her married name used) and the name of previous spouse and of course with strong evidence of her annulment such as the Court Decision and Finality and the most important proof--ANNOTATED Marriage Contract from NSO,,this are the exact requirements for the "formerly" married women...i think why she was asked for a cenomar was that maybe she put in her K-1 application as single and never married in the PI...if her marriage in the Phils was legal and registered at NSO, definitely, she cant deny that...moreover, there is no divorce in the PI..legally, after the annulment, she needs to endorse her court decision and finality to the local civil registrar so they in turn can endorse that to NSO so the latter can put remarks in her marriage contract that her previous marriage was already dissolved, thus she is free to remarry...

a Cenomar (certificate of No marriage) is for single ladies..never married before and during application of K-1..

a Cemar(certificate of marriage) however is for those K-3 applicants..

i hope m correct on this matter...this reply is still open for additional info i missed.

thanks and god bless

Hi Lane and daisy,

I am very confused now regarding CENOMAR, my lawyer told me to prepare Birth cert, NBI and Cenomar for my interview..I dont know if i can get CENOMAR since i am annulled.I have here my annotated marriage contract already. I will go to NSO office on monday ...

lyn

Naturalization:

December 27, 2012--N400 application sent
January 3, 2013 ---NOA Date
January 28, 2013 ----Biometrics
May 9, 2013---------Interview Schedule

July......Oath Taking Ceremony...

yung 1st marriage ko ay oo nasa nso record pero yung sinasabi ko na wala sa nso record ay ang 2nd marriage ko. aysus...baka ka kabagan sa katatawa diyan.

eh sis naman syempre wla na un sa nso kc di ka naman d2 nagpakasal eh... hehehe

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

hi there....id like to add on:

what m about to write here is the same thing i replied to her post regarding Cenomar..as per my own understanding, Cenomar is only given to those ladies who were never married..before or during the application of K-1..its not true that K-1 applicants are all single and were required to present Cenomar..like in the case of already annulled women before filing of K-1, may not be presenting their Cenomar because they were married before in the eyes of the Phil. law..in other words, she can put in her I-129 form "single" but with alias (her married name used) and the name of previous spouse and of course with strong evidence of her annulment such as the Court Decision and Finality and the most important proof--ANNOTATED Marriage Contract from NSO,,this are the exact requirements for the "formerly" married women...i think why she was asked for a cenomar was that maybe she put in her K-1 application as single and never married in the PI...if her marriage in the Phils was legal and registered at NSO, definitely, she cant deny that...moreover, there is no divorce in the PI..legally, after the annulment, she needs to endorse her court decision and finality to the local civil registrar so they in turn can endorse that to NSO so the latter can put remarks in her marriage contract that her previous marriage was already dissolved, thus she is free to remarry...

a Cenomar (certificate of No marriage) is for single ladies..never married before and during application of K-1..

a Cemar(certificate of marriage) however is for those K-3 applicants..

i hope m correct on this matter...this reply is still open for additional info i missed.

thanks and god bless

Hi Lane and daisy,

I am very confused now regarding CENOMAR, my lawyer told me to prepare Birth cert, NBI and Cenomar for my interview..I dont know if i can get CENOMAR since i am annulled.I have here my annotated marriage contract already. I will go to NSO office on monday ...

lyn

sis daisy pede ata un kc magiging record don eh annuled na ung marriage....

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

When both Filipino citizens contract a marriage, it can be dissolved by the following:

a) To have it annuled under the reasons specifically provided for by law: or

b )To file a Petition for Presumptive death ( in this case, the absentee husband or wife will be declared "dead" by the court for purposes of remarriage by the present wife or husband: or)

c) To file a petition to declare the marriage null and void from the begining because one party is still married to another at the time of contracting the second marriage

Any divorce decree obtained by a Filipino citizen outside the Philippines is invalid because divorce is not recognized by our Philippine laws. The exception to this rule is when one of the party is a non-Filipino citizen and he/she obtains the divorce. The Filipino citizen , with the divorce decree obtained by the alien spouse can then go to our Philippine court and file a petition to recognize the divorce decree obtained by the alien spouse, no anullment is needed.

When two marriages occur..the first marriage is valid, the second is null and void from the very beginning. The offending party can be sued for bigamy by the offended party which is the second wife , not the first wife. However, if the second marriage was conracted outside of the Philippines, then bigamy cannot proceed because it is a criminal case and criminal cases are territorial. Only when the crime is committed in the Philippine that our Prosecutors will press charges. But a civil case for damages can proceed.

Marriages that occur in the Philippines will be recorded in the NSO, those that didnt will not unless the Filipino citizen reports the marriage to the Philippine consulate of the country where the marriage occurred. The Philippine consulate will them forward the report to the NSO, hence a record will appear even if the marriage took place outside of the Philippines as long as it is reported, if not then there will be no record of it.

Unless the marriage of two Filipino citizens has been annuled, the record of it will remain in the NSO..FOREVER.

CENOMAR ( Certificate of No Marriage ) is only required by K1 beneficiaries who have never been married in their lifetime.

For K1 beneficiaries who have been married and the same already annuled, what is required is the CERMAR ( Certificate of Marriage) with the Annulment annotated on it.

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

"joms" information seems to be the most accurate... so walls1010, curious lang ako sa batas natin, you had your first marriage in the philippines, tapos you got married to a non-filipino a 2nd time in hongkong, which you did not report to the NSO. na-annul ba yung first marriage mo dun sa pinoy bago ka humingi ng divorce decree?

(ang pinsan ko kasi in the same situation so hindi pa sya makapag decide kung ano ang gagawin)

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

"joms" information seems to be the most accurate... so walls1010, curious lang ako sa batas natin, you had your first marriage in the philippines, tapos you got married to a non-filipino a 2nd time in hongkong, which you did not report to the NSO. na-annul ba yung first marriage mo dun sa pinoy bago ka humingi ng divorce decree?

(ang pinsan ko kasi in the same situation so hindi pa sya makapag decide kung ano ang gagawin)

yung 1st marriage ko ay oo nasa nso record pero yung sinasabi ko na wala sa nso record ay ang 2nd marriage ko. ...that statement is from wall1010 so yan malinaw na sayo ha... di na alis ung record nya sa nso... :star:

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

When both Filipino citizens contract a marriage, it can be dissolved by the following:

a) To have it annuled under the reasons specifically provided for by law: or

b )To file a Petition for Presumptive death ( in this case, the absentee husband or wife will be declared "dead" by the court for purposes of remarriage by the present wife or husband: or)

c) To file a petition to declare the marriage null and void from the begining because one party is still married to another at the time of contracting the second marriage

Any divorce decree obtained by a Filipino citizen outside the Philippines is invalid because divorce is not recognized by our Philippine laws. The exception to this rule is when one of the party is a non-Filipino citizen and he/she obtains the divorce. The Filipino citizen , with the divorce decree obtained by the alien spouse can then go to our Philippine court and file a petition to recognize the divorce decree obtained by the alien spouse, no anullment is needed.

When two marriages occur..the first marriage is valid, the second is null and void from the very beginning. The offending party can be sued for bigamy by the offended party which is the second wife , not the first wife. However, if the second marriage was conracted outside of the Philippines, then bigamy cannot proceed because it is a criminal case and criminal cases are territorial. Only when the crime is committed in the Philippine that our Prosecutors will press charges. But a civil case for damages can proceed.

Marriages that occur in the Philippines will be recorded in the NSO, those that didnt will not unless the Filipino citizen reports the marriage to the Philippine consulate of the country where the marriage occurred. The Philippine consulate will them forward the report to the NSO, hence a record will appear even if the marriage took place outside of the Philippines as long as it is reported, if not then there will be no record of it.

Unless the marriage of two Filipino citizens has been annuled, the record of it will remain in the NSO..FOREVER.

CENOMAR ( Certificate of No Marriage ) is only required by K1 beneficiaries who have never been married in their lifetime.

For K1 beneficiaries who have been married and the same already annuled, what is required is the CERMAR ( Certificate of Marriage) with the Annulment annotated on it.

The Philippine consulate will them forward the report to the NSO, hence a record will appear even if the marriage took place outside of the Philippines as long as it is reported, if not then there will be no record of it.-- yes meron po kcng isang case na.. kasal sya d2 sa phil then nagpakasal ulit sa japan ng kumuha ng cenomar nakita don na 2 beses syang nagpakasal.. un ang nakarecord sa nso...

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

di namn sya nag-undergo ng annulment eh ska kung annuled na bkit madi-divorce pa...?

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.