csoul

About my parent's tourist visa after I-130

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello Guys,

My sister (US Citizen) started on 07/01 the I-130 petition (without I-485) for my parents (living in Venezuela) so we need to know what happened with my parents's tourist visa (B1/B2)?? I am pretty sure that is automaticaly cancelled (but not 100% sure).

Do we need to wait until the I-130 approval to plan a new travel of my parents to US?

After the approval what will be the next step in the US Embassy in Venezuela? An interview? What they will receive at that moment if they are approved?

Do you know if they can travel to US just after receive the approval? or we need to wait until the Green Card arrival

I tried to read some other post and also the guides but I did not find any answer for this questions.

Thank you in advance!!!

Edited by csoul

05/25/10 - N-400 package delivered in Phoenix, AZ

06/04/10 - Check cashed

06/10/10 - NOA received

06/16/10 - Case available online

06/17/10 - Case online showing RFE (Biometrics notice) sent on 06/16/10

06/21/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

07/08/10 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/10 - Walk in Biometrics

08/06/10 - Email / Text for for new case status: "Test and Interview"

08/09/10 - Interview Appointment letter received for 09/13/10

09/13/10 - Interview Approved!

09/13/10 - Same Day Ceremony! I am a US Citizen!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello Guys,

My sister (US Citizen) started on 07/01 the I-130 petition (without I-485) for my parents (living in Venezuela) so we need to know what happened with my parents's tourist visa (B1/B2)?? I am pretty sure that is automaticaly cancelled (but not 100% sure).

Do we need to wait until the I-130 approval to plan a new travel of my parents to US?

After the approval what will be the next step in the US Embassy in Venezuela? An interview? What they will receive at that moment if they are approved?

Do you know if they can travel to US just after receive the approval? or we need to wait until the Green Card arrival

I tried to read some other post and also the guides but I did not find any answer for this questions.

Thank you in advance!!!

Your parents B1/B2 is not cancelled when a I-130 is filed, they could still use it to come for a visit, but they must return home to complete the I-130 process.

Once the I-130 is approved by USCIS it will be sent to NVC for further processing, at this point there will be more forms to complete and money to be paid.

Once the case is complete at NVC it will be sent to the embassy and your parents will have to have a medical and then attend an interview at the embassy. If they are approved for a immigrant visa at that interview they will then be issued with a IR-5 visa. They will not get their greencards until after they have used the IR-5 visa to enter the USA.

Here is a link to the NVC info http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...nal_Visa_Center

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Thank you so much TayRivers for your fast answer. Now everything is more clear now. I am sooo happy that they can travel during the I-130 process!

05/25/10 - N-400 package delivered in Phoenix, AZ

06/04/10 - Check cashed

06/10/10 - NOA received

06/16/10 - Case available online

06/17/10 - Case online showing RFE (Biometrics notice) sent on 06/16/10

06/21/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

07/08/10 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/10 - Walk in Biometrics

08/06/10 - Email / Text for for new case status: "Test and Interview"

08/09/10 - Interview Appointment letter received for 09/13/10

09/13/10 - Interview Approved!

09/13/10 - Same Day Ceremony! I am a US Citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.