Galateia

Hidden Costs and Visa Application Fees- Canadian

33 posts in this topic

From what I understand, Ontario has a partcularly long wait for the long form BC...like months. (I'm only going by what others have said on this site though...I'm from the Yukon. Very short wait time there. :lol:)

Took me less than a week to receive my long form BC and I'm from Ontario.

I think the 15 days or your money back is a relatively new thing, perhaps to speed up the process to do things online instead of having people filing out things manually.

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh joy!

Man, I wish panelphysicians.com was up yesterday when I was getting all in a panic. By their criteria, I don't need any immunizations at all!

The only thing I might have needed was a TD booster, but I got that last summer when I sliced up my hand. I had to track down the information on it to confirm it was a T + D combo, which it was. :dance:

just make sure you have some proof of this.... if need be, get an antibody titre test to prove you had this shot.... your family doctor should be able to set that up for you....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I live near Vancouver, here are the costs I have so far incurred,

(funds in canadian dollars unless otherwise specified)

100.00 (US) fee for interview

275.00 canadian doctor fee (only one doctor can do the appointment for all BC residents)

Fiance paid 100.00 (US) i believe, for the I94F fiance petition

85.00 police certificate (must be less than 1 year old at time of interview)

40.00 birth certificate fee (ordered online)

8.00-20.00 for photocopies of EVERYTHING

36.00 for my 2" x 2" photographs - got 6 because they do them in sets of 2 at walmart (make sure you get the right size... americans have a different standard than we do for our passports.) ... not sure how much my fiance paid for his pictures.

112.00 for some vaccination... Hep A & B ( hopefully you got them in grade 9 and won't have to pay... check the list though.. some vaccinations are innapropriate for your age, and you wont have to get them)

and of course outrageous gas and parking fees which i will just round up to 100.00 as of now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.