WolfRhan

GIV 24 Guangzhou

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi,

My wife has her interview on 20 August in Guangzhou.

Well, her instruction packet didn't inlude the requirment for form GIV-24, but her friend told her she needed it.

She called the consulate and they confirmed she needed it!

So now we are filling it out, does anyone have the instructions or know how Question 7 differs from Question 6?

(There is an online instruction link, but its broken)

Are there any more forms she may need?

I expect this will go well and she probaly has way more stuff than she could need.

So, bonus question - how does she get an SSN? We need that ASAP so she can apply for a learner permit.

Thanks

Wolf: Right Here and Now

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Hi,

Well, her instruction packet didn't inlude the requirment for form GIV-24, but her friend told her she needed it.

So now we are filling it out, does anyone have the instructions or know how Question 7 differs from Question 6?

I expect this will go well and she probaly has way more stuff than she could need.

So, bonus question - how does she get an SSN? We need that ASAP so she can apply for a learner permit.

Thanks

The Guangzhou consulate stopped requiring the GIV-24 at the beginning of this year - so no worries, you are ok. Whoever your wife called & spoke to, it wasn't a consulate employee because there is no way to contact the consulate directly. Most likely she called the visa support line which actually connects you to a call center in Shanghai and the people who answer the phones there are not consulate employees and are famous for giving out misinformation.

Here is a link to the Guangzhou Consulate site which details everything that is included in Packets 3 & 4 and shows which forms are required and the GIV-24 is no longer included.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fo...and_packets.htm

Sorry can't help you with the SSN question because my wife immigrated on a K-1 and the SSN process is different than for a CR-1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hi,

Thanks

good luck

comicirsaudit.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.