wkz

Canada Post Problems

26 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've never posted before on this forum.

My K3 was approved at Montreal on the 28th (finally!). I had bought the Canada Post Expresspost envelope, just as the interview package said, and wrote down the tracking number so I could track it online...

10 days's later, my visa has still not arrived, and Canada Post has no record of my tracking number, (so they say the envelope was never mailed) and I am by now slightly panicked.

Any advice on how long the consulate usually takes to mail these things out?

Any other bad experiences with Canada Post? Preferable any experiences with a happy ending?

Thanks,

WKZ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I couldn't track my package online either... even when I received my Visa, Canada Post had no record of it.

Do you live in a province where the Civic Holiday was in effect? Holidays always slow down the mail. I would e-mail Montreal to confirm if/when it was mailed out. Maybe they are just running behind or something

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Thanks for your reply.

I am in Ontario, so there was the holiday, but a 1 day holiday should not slow mail down that significantly.

I did write the Consulate yesterday morning, but I have not heard back yet.

I couldn't track my package online either... even when I received my Visa, Canada Post had no record of it.

Do you live in a province where the Civic Holiday was in effect? Holidays always slow down the mail. I would e-mail Montreal to confirm if/when it was mailed out. Maybe they are just running behind or something

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks for your reply.

I am in Ontario, so there was the holiday, but a 1 day holiday should not slow mail down that significantly.

Yes a 1 day holiday shouldn't slow down the mail, but the consulate could have taken a few days to process the visa/mail it out. If your interview was on the 28, and they only popped it in the mail say 3 days later (Friday) and Monday was a holiday, it seems normal. You should have it by next week. When you say 10 days later, you're counting a weekend and holiday so it's not really 10 days yet.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's okay I'm having the same problem. Well it has been nearly as long as ten days but my tracking doesn't work and it makes me nervous lol it appears to be a common problem and works out fine for most people

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks for your reply.

Yes a 1 day holiday shouldn't slow down the mail, but the consulate could have taken a few days to process the visa/mail it out. If your interview was on the 28, and they only popped it in the mail say 3 days later (Friday) and Monday was a holiday, it seems normal. You should have it by next week. When you say 10 days later, you're counting a weekend and holiday so it's not really 10 days yet.

10 days later for an Express Post mailer? I thought the mailers were 2 day regionals.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline
Thanks for your reply.

10 days later for an Express Post mailer? I thought the mailers were 2 day regionals.

There is no such thing as Express anything with Canada Post. Your wait is completely normal..my visa took 11 days from Montreal to BC due to a weekend. With your 1 day delay, and this upcoming weekend as well, I wouldn't be sweating it.

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Agreed I would not be conserned, I do a lot of ebaying and especially as of alte the tracking numbers are really worthless they almost always don't update until the package has been delivered. However good call to make sure the consulate sent it. You can probablly call the (DoS?? not sure about a K3) and they "should" be able to tell you if it was sent.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Timeline
Thanks for your reply.

There is no such thing as Express anything with Canada Post. Your wait is completely normal..my visa took 11 days from Montreal to BC due to a weekend. With your 1 day delay, and this upcoming weekend as well, I wouldn't be sweating it.

Oh, don't I know it. I've had so many issues with Canada Post it isn't even funny anymore.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm going to add a question to this. In theory, I don't think it would screw anything up but this is Canada Post we're talking about here.

The Consulate would not let me put their address down. They said they would not accept responsibility for my xpresspost mailer. They told me either put my work address down or a relative as the from and my address as the to.

It all just seems really strange, because its not Canada Post that would get on their a** it's me and I would do it regardless of what address I entered soooo did they do this to you guys too? Or were they just making up and trying new policies on me? :|

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Timeline
I'm going to add a question to this. In theory, I don't think it would screw anything up but this is Canada Post we're talking about here.

The Consulate would not let me put their address down. They said they would not accept responsibility for my xpresspost mailer. They told me either put my work address down or a relative as the from and my address as the to.

It all just seems really strange, because its not Canada Post that would get on their a** it's me and I would do it regardless of what address I entered soooo did they do this to you guys too? Or were they just making up and trying new policies on me? :|

That's just really weird. WKZ - have you received your mailer back yet?

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

If Canada Post wanted to they could have your package to you in no time. I don't remerber what day it was but lets say a Monday. On Monday early afternoon I asked about a form they wanted me to fill which was not available on-line, they said they would send right away and obviously did because even though it was sent regular delivery it was in my mailbox at 10:30 the next morning.

The other story is where are my 2 Christmas presents and 3 cards mailed in 2004.

Hope you get your package soon.

Ron

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

Timeline

That's strange, they stamped the return address on mine with their address.

You guys have to remember that they don't necessarily put the visa in the mail the day or even the day after the interview. Sometimes it takes them a few days to get it out in the mail. For all you know it could still be sitting at the Consulate waiting to be mail or processed or something.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

In all of my years in Canada, I can't recall ever having an issue with Canada Post. Maybe my family had an 'in' because my Dad was a Postie for over 35 years. :P

And I can tell you from his experience...Holiday Mondays do make a HUGE difference. Remember, it's not like in the US where they work on Saturdays, so while Monday's are always a heavy day (have you noticed that most Monday's your mail gets there later?) Tuesdays after a Holiday Monday are even worse.

Not saying Canada Post is perfect, but unless the Consulate starts using FedEx or UPS it's all you've got.

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.