Yardies

60 posts in this topic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My age difference between my mate and I are 16 years difference.

Does the age difference concern you? I cant even tell from your picture which one of you is older.

I have always dated older guys...My husband is the first man I've been with younger than me, and he is only younger than me by a year. It still gave me pause, though.

Age doesnt make a difference I was just being curious thats all. Ive always dated younger. Younger men have always been attracted to me. My mom was one year older than my dad. Both my children's dads are one year younger than me. My soon to be acts like an old soul. I still love him no matter what the age!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
900 years...13 months...53 weeks...366 days....25 hours...61 minutes and 61 seconds. :devil::thumbs::whistle:

:rofl::bonk:

one year

WHERE U BEEN

hubby 2yrs older

KK :bonk:

I've been checking in every now and then. I am adjusting to being a new mom and wife...all is going well!

I agree that age is just a number...and in the case of my husband, and perhaps many Jamaican men compared to American men, he seems older than his age because of a hard life. He was responsible for helping to raise his little brothers as well as hustling to help make a living from the time he was old enough to talk. As the oldest son he has always been the man of the family. Because of this he is a GREAT father. I have never seen a better one. I adore him!

Timeline
I agree that age is just a number...and in the case of my husband, and perhaps many Jamaican men compared to American men, he seems older than his age because of a hard life. He was responsible for helping to raise his little brothers as well as hustling to help make a living from the time he was old enough to talk. As the oldest son he has always been the man of the family. Because of this he is a GREAT father. I have never seen a better one. I adore him!

My aunt works at a hotel that gets lots of international guests. She said she's noticed that men from many other countries seem more mature than similarly-aged American men.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My aunt works at a hotel that gets lots of international guests. She said she's noticed that men from many other countries seem more mature than similarly-aged American men.

I could see that. Men here in Portland, OR at least aren't ready to settle down and have a family until about forty if ever. Most of the men I know are still dating, getting drunk, and living in houses with many roommates into their late thirties. Most don't even believe in marriage.

Well...not all Portland men are like that, but it seems VERY common here.

Timeline

I could see that. Men here in Portland, OR at least aren't ready to settle down and have a family until about forty if ever. Most of the men I know are still dating, getting drunk, and living in houses with many roommates into their late thirties. Most don't even believe in marriage.

Well...not all Portland men are like that, but it seems VERY common here.

same in philly. the issues our men have is they just focus on making music and smokin weed, hustlin,things of that nature. the quality of life isn't the greatest. I think Island men have a great deal of respect for people. Especially those who respect their mom, they can respect other women as well.

I'm guessing after a certain age it's more acceptable for a wider range in ages.

I just found out my little sister in law who is 15 is dating a 26 year fire fighter. They both leave in Jamaica.

NOw this is just a bit much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

In the real world, age doesnt matter really. In my opinion the immigration procedures, age does matter, but only one way really. Older men and younger women are ok; but younger men and older women sometimes case red flag... especially if its is more than the expected norm. Normal for 2 - 8 years older. 8 - 20 years older - red flag attention.

JNR

Timeline
I'm guessing after a certain age it's more acceptable for a wider range in ages.

I just found out my little sister in law who is 15 is dating a 26 year fire fighter. They both leave in Jamaica.

NOw this is just a bit much.

That is a bit much. I think as long as the man is 21 or older, its okay.. but underage is not a good thing.

In the real world, age doesnt matter really. In my opinion the immigration procedures, age does matter, but only one way really. Older men and younger women are ok; but younger men and older women sometimes case red flag... especially if its is more than the expected norm. Normal for 2 - 8 years older. 8 - 20 years older - red flag attention.

We are prepared for the questioning. I may not even attend the interview so we shall see.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It is true most that come from the Islands male and female are a bit more mature (have a different view on things) than north americans the same age. I once had a Jamaican child tell me how to make rice and peas I nearly died, she was like you boil this type of coconut milk a so me see me mouma do it. I was like oh by the way you said it I thought u have been cooking it yourself since birth :rofl:

Also we are about 7-8 years older depends on the time of year.

Edited by moni_calla

MONI_CALLA

Timeline
It is true most that come from the Islands male and female are a bit more mature (have a different view on things) than north americans the same age. I once had a Jamaican child tell me how to make rice and peas I nearly died, she was like you boil this type of coconut milk a so me see me mouma do it. I was like oh by the way you said it I thought u have been cooking it yourself since birth :rofl:

Thanks for sharing Moni lol that was cute!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Mstee,

You know the funny part about it was that I was well vex, I kissed my teeth and she was like a why u a hiss ya teet pon me?? A na my fault you a use the wrong ting, right as I was telling myself to calm down cause she is a kid her mom came and rescued her.

MONI_CALLA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband is two years younger but you could never tell

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline

Mstee,

You know the funny part about it was that I was well vex, I kissed my teeth and she was like a why u a hiss ya teet pon me?? A na my fault you a use the wrong ting, right as I was telling myself to calm down cause she is a kid her mom came and rescued her.

She just doesnt know the dangerous road she was about to go down with you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.