22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi!

We having problem with our tax.

So we decided to get a co-sponsor, is it okay if its my bestfriend? Pls let me know what things needed.

Any responce is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Close relatives and long time friends are the most desired cosponsors.

Is it applicable to Manila Embassy, heard its not. . Thats what freakin us out. . Help us Lord. :innocent:

Hi. I know. The best friend as co-sponsor. Sure you can. Just make sure you have the above mentioned tax return forms. I-134 and I-864 are affidavit of support forms that will be acceptable only when it is legally supported by a tax filed and accepted by the IRS.

In this K1 case only the I-134 can be applied.

Hmmmm, I see. . .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey I could be wrong but I know USEM dont allow co sponsor for K1. Someone got denied last June but appealed coz husband was able to find a better job. Good luck in your interview. :)

Forgiveness is not saying what someone did to us is right. It is saying, "I'll let God straighten this out"..

Timeline
Hey I could be wrong but I know USEM dont allow co sponsor for K1. Someone got denied last June but appealed coz husband was able to find a better job. Good luck in your interview. :)

Not true..USEM reserves the right to deny the use of a co-sponsor but it is on a case by case basis.

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Hey could be wrong but I know USEM dont allow co sponsor for K1. Someone got denied last June but appealed coz husband was able to find a better job. Good luck in your interview.:)

Not true..USEM reserves the right to deny the use of a co-sponsor but it is on a case by case basis.

I've seen post-interview notices from the Manila Embassy stating that "co-sponsors are not allowed for nonimmigrant visas," and then subsequently seen the Embassy staff approve a visa after the petitioner provided additional proof of his justification based on his ongoing dependence on his parents for school or job reasons.

No one size fits all when this question comes up. It is case by case!

What is clear, however, is properly-documented co-sponsors are allowed for immigrant visa processing.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi!

So we decided to get a co-sponsor, is it okay if its my bestfriend? Pls let me know what things needed.

Like stated previously, it's a case-by-case basis, but just this month my Fiancee was interviewed and I used a friend as a co-sponsor. The interviewer never questioned it further, just accepted it.

qip3dmkzd14e.png

01/05/12 - Mailed I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions.

01/09/12 - Petiton arrived us VSC.

11/15/12 - Wife Received ten year PR Card.

Timeline
Hey could be wrong but I know USEM dont allow co sponsor for K1. Someone got denied last June but appealed coz husband was able to find a better job. Good luck in your interview.:)

I've seen post-interview notices from the Manila Embassy stating that "co-sponsors are not allowed for nonimmigrant visas," and then subsequently seen the Embassy staff approve a visa after the petitioner provided additional proof of his justification based on his ongoing dependence on his parents for school or job reasons.

What is clear, however, is properly-documented co-sponsors are allowed for immigrant visa processing.

Exactly. :thumbs:

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi!

Like stated previously, it's a case-by-case basis, but just this month my Fiancee was interviewed and I used a friend as a co-sponsor. The interviewer never questioned it further, just accepted it.

Thank you super much. . As of now we still waiting for our lawyer advice. . These inputs truly help us a lot. Keep the faith burnin'. God bless us.

xoxo

Exactly. :thumbs:

Thank you super much. . As of now we still waiting for our lawyer advice. . These inputs truly help us a lot. Keep the faith burnin'. God bless us.

xoxo

You have been a great help. Thank you super much. . As of now we still waiting for our lawyer's advice. . Keep the faith burnin'. God bless us.

xoxo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.