SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
philly- maybe when they get older and more mature

heaven~ love and light to the whole family (((hugs)))

hotlegzzzzzzz~ how tragic! im so thankful everybody is ok. i can't imagine!

what do ur child/children call ur SO, what will his kids call u??

D's little one calls me mommy, his mom has only seen him a handful of times since he was born 2 1/2 years ago

You meet her, A? She's a real piece of work. I didn't like her before that fateful rockthrowing night!

nope, never met her

i walked by her work countless times in mobay with her son on my hip, always felt kinda weird.

she is craaaaaaazy, that i do know. she calls him/texts every once in a while asking him for $$, but never once asks how their child is doing. i dont get it

(i find it amazing that she has the nerve to ask him for $$ for herself, while she has never offered a dime for necessities for the child)

Count your blessings. Makes things easier on you. In this process, anything easier is a good thing!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i walked by her work countless times in mobay with her son on my hip, always felt kinda weird.

she is craaaaaaazy, that i do know. she calls him/texts every once in a while asking him for $$, but never once asks how their child is doing. i dont get it

(i find it amazing that she has the nerve to ask him for $$ for herself, while she has never offered a dime for necessities for the child)

Did she not want the child? Why doesn't she visit the child?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
roger would agree w/ u philly, he is very proud of ja.. he wanted to put a flag in my car... i told him what if i didn't want to, im not jamaican.. he said.. u HAVE to rep ja now baby.. u married to a yardman, ya know knoa?????

:wacko:

I only have my college plates on my car. I don't like the flashy stuff. I'm plain. :blush: Husband says he will put a little decal on his truck (when he gets one). I always see people with the head scarves on their head rest. It's too much for me. I'm really bourgeois. :blush:

yeah thats the one difference in us my sista.. i am so not bougeois.. i don't think i take it TOO far to where i am ghetto.. but i do get a lil hood rich sometimes LOL

i was just seeing what he would say.. i wouldlove to put a flag up in my car, hopefully we'll go get one, its a small stick up one for the window.. i just think ppl would think i was trying to be a jafakan :blush:

I have a mini jamaican flag hanging from my rear view mirror and soetimes I blast my dancehall I got from JaE on my Ipod..hahaha...that's about it!

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Afternoon Yardies!

ON A SAD NOTE..MY GRANDMOTHER'S HOUSE BURNED DOWN..THE SAME PLACE WHERE WE STAYED NOT EVEN 24HRS A GO!! ONLY THING SAVED THE FRIDGE, STOVE AND WASHING MACHINE...THANK GOD NO ONE DIES...DEM SEY A MI LIKKLE COUSIN LITE THE PILLOW WITH A LIGHTER AND THEN THE BED CAUGHT..AND THE REST IS HISTORY

Welcome back Kimmy!

I'm so sorry to learn of this. You're Grandma must really be a strong woman with all she has gone & is going through. I think this could be more than I could bear! With a wall house, are they able to reconstruct the destroyed parts again?? I hope they can fix everything so she won't have to be displaced for long. Prayers for her. (F)(L)

VERSE:In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do notknow what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedesfor us with groans that words cannot express.-- Romans 8:26

THOUGHT:Isn't it incredible! Even in those times when my words areblocked and my heart is heavy, God hears my prayers. It is notbecause I am articulate, wise, or faithful enough to pray as Ishould. No, it is because God has graciously placed his Spirit inour hearts to make known what my words cannot capture and my mindcannot verbalize. God hears my groanings, my yearnings, myheartbreaks, and my heart-cries. He knows what I cannot think, butonly feel. Through the work of the Holy Spirit, he answers thoseunuttered prayers with his presence, grace, and power.

PRAYER:Father, I am comforted by the assurance that even if I don'tknow what to say, you know what I cannot articulate. I trust you toanswer my longings as you see fit, for I know that you know what Ineed far more than I know how to ask for it. In Jesus' name, andwith full confidence in the Holy Spirit, I pray. Amen.

:thumbs::thumbs: Thanks KK! I needed that! :yes:

I have a feeling Steven will only want name brand shoes (which these, are, but amongst the skater crowd). I hope to break him of that. Even growing up, I was never into name brands (my brother & sister were), unless they were a good price.

Me either with the name brands....partly because I did realize that it was mostly overpriced & partly because my Mom wouldn't let me & instilled that attitude in me. Once in a while I'll go for a brand name but most of the time I'm all about what's inexpensive. And since going to Africa, my feelings on overpriced brand names have grown even stronger. Take designer purses for example....I go into Macy's & see all these designer bags for several hundred (or more) dollars & think to myself that that could feed a small village for at least half the year! We are so excessive in this country it makes me sick sometimes.

Timeline
I like reading you say..mi husband :thumbs:

i like saying it!!!

we talked about this when we first got serious and we both agreed we didn't want anything too formal so we agreed the first name would be fine.. the judge that officiated our ceremony talked w/ us at length b4 marrying us and that was one of the topics.. he said that the children if they are not callling him daddy YET (he insisted they would eventually, which ive seen kids do, but i don't think mine will)

then they should call him mr roger or mr g.. he says it is respectful and i woudn't want mykids to call me myfirst name.. HECK NO!!!

i enjoyed the judge's talk, but we still have them call him roger, i could be mama quana? but that still sound silly.. we just like the informal way. i think he get respect from his actions not his name :blush: ???

Quans,

I agree that was a tricky one. My boys call Ken...'Ken' or 'Steppy' (although I hear them call him 'Dad' to their friends :luv: and KJ calls me 'Mama too or two'...whatever...you get the drift! :lol:

Bless,

Gill

I think "steppy" is so cute! If I could get it to stick Tierra would call Louis that! I saw you wrote that somewhere before and told Tierra about it... she used it like twice and forgot about it :(

Yeah Catty,

I know the boys go back and forth! However, I always TRY to refer to Ken as Steppy. "Where's Steppy? What did Steppy say...." It's tough though b/c who knew he was going to be their Stepdad when we first started dating???

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
I don't have pics of me at my heaviest (avoided cameras in those days) - But I was heavy all my life - Here I am at about 19 -

I hear you Sus, I did too. That's probably why I still hate taking pics now. I think I have 1 pic when I was 105 lbs heavier and I only have that because a coworker was leaving the company and we took a pic together.

AOS Timeline

Timeline

My daughter's father hasn't really ever been in her life and she doesn't know him. She will either call my hubby by his first name or Daddy. Depends on if she wants something or not. LOL!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
I like reading you say..mi husband :thumbs:

i like saying it!!!

we talked about this when we first got serious and we both agreed we didn't want anything too formal so we agreed the first name would be fine.. the judge that officiated our ceremony talked w/ us at length b4 marrying us and that was one of the topics.. he said that the children if they are not callling him daddy YET (he insisted they would eventually, which ive seen kids do, but i don't think mine will)

then they should call him mr roger or mr g.. he says it is respectful and i woudn't want mykids to call me myfirst name.. HECK NO!!!

i enjoyed the judge's talk, but we still have them call him roger, i could be mama quana? but that still sound silly.. we just like the informal way. i think he get respect from his actions not his name :blush: ???

Quans,

I agree that was a tricky one. My boys call Ken...'Ken' or 'Steppy' (although I hear them call him 'Dad' to their friends :luv: and KJ calls me 'Mama too or two'...whatever...you get the drift! :lol:

Bless,

Gill

I think "steppy" is so cute! If I could get it to stick Tierra would call Louis that! I saw you wrote that somewhere before and told Tierra about it... she used it like twice and forgot about it :(

Yeah Catty,

I know the boys go back and forth! However, I always TRY to refer to Ken as Steppy. "Where's Steppy? What did Steppy say...." It's tough though b/c who knew he was going to be their Stepdad when we first started dating???

I have to say ... in a VERY NON-Bit$%y kinda way... LOL

I hate "Catty" ... that is what they call Tierra's granmother (her dad's mom") hahaha.

Call me ANYTHING else.... PLEASE! :star:

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
Yeah but at the end of the day KK u cant save the world. U have to remember we’re all different and where as others don’t like the extra weight some of us do. For instance me (knocking on wood) as I say this I am healthy as a horse I shock my doc every time cuz by looking at my medical records there is nothing wrong with me. I have no signs of diabetes, no high blood pressure my cholesterol is fantastic. That is why she can’t recommend me for surgery she said you have to have some medical problems and I have none. Now is she worried some will occur down the line as I get older YES so she is really encouraging me to lose the weight so later in life all these things I just told you I don’t have I might end up having. But I also know people who were heavy and no health problems and then they lost the weight through surgery or what ever and now she is a mess. Also diabetes doesn’t only strike those obese its strikes you if your thin too it’s all in your eating habit s. It’s like different strokes for different folks so if you know someone such as myself who is satisfied leave me alone with all your health talks and such. It’s has to be my decision to lose the weight it has to be me who has had enough but just because you don’t like the way I look doesn’t mean I need to change a thing so if I like being BIG and beautiful just like some of you like being thin cool.

Very true!

I'm just not a fussy person when it come to some stuff. Like I think it is so ugly to put Rims on a BMW or Benz. They already come with factory rims...other rims just take away from the classiness{sp} of the car.

I agree...no need to mess with a luxury car....it already comes that way.

That's true. My former belly dancing teacher is a beautiful fluffy women with confidence. She wore nothing but two pieces on vacation. She is healthy, no health issues and workout like a champ. She's always telling people....don't let the fat fool 'ya LOL. But after our Jamaica trip, she tune is now changing. We had this same convo with other dancers and one asked (nurse) if we have ever seen an older (80-90) overweight person? I used to work in a retirement home and can honestly say no.

:wow::yes: That is SO true & I never quite thought about it that way before. Pretty shocking to think about it. You don't see severely obese old people because they don't live that long! Sadly, realizing that will still probably not be enough of a wake-up call for me. The one thing I know is that I LOVE West African dance & have a great passion for it. And I always say that if only I were much smaller, I would FLY! People often tell me I'm a good dancer but I can only imagine the heads I would turn if my body could keep up with my spirit. That is the one thing that keeps me motivated to keep trying....even more than wanting to look better, I want to FEEL better & be able to move my body like I could when I was younger.

Timeline
roger would agree w/ u philly, he is very proud of ja.. he wanted to put a flag in my car... i told him what if i didn't want to, im not jamaican.. he said.. u HAVE to rep ja now baby.. u married to a yardman, ya know knoa?????

:wacko:

LOL Quanna

I have JA plate on my truck and the Haiti Flag on my mirror I rep all day :thumbs:

Hahaha Philly is representin'

AOS Timeline

Timeline
I guess it sounds easy to just eat less and work out more....lol!!!!

Some women at work are doing weight watcher...but when I have a lot of work I like to eat whatever I have a taste for.

Afternoon Everyone,

KK, that's what I LOVE about WW...you can eat whatever you have a taste for...just in moderation. I started a WW@ work program in June 2009. I am proud to say I've lost 20lbs since I started. (That's even with my vacation to JA!!) I did WW about 20 years ago and it didn't work for me...so up until this June I just kept writing it off! However, my co-workers kept raving...so I tried it and it actually works! I pretty much killed my poor thyroid from years of fad diets and yo-yoing weight. I can see myself sticking to WW b/c I never really feel deprived of having something I'm craving. Anyway just my $.02...but for anyone looking for a healthy way to lose weight...I would HIGHLY recommend it! :D

Congrats Gill :dance: I've joined WW a few times but never commit ......love the program though.

Tonks Shems! It's the tracking part that gets me! But at the end of the day I realize I like knowing everything I put in my mouth!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I don't have pics of me at my heaviest (avoided cameras in those days) - But I was heavy all my life - Here I am at about 19 -

I hear you Sus, I did too. That's probably why I still hate taking pics now. I think I have 1 pic when I was 105 lbs heavier and I only have that because a coworker was leaving the company and we took a pic together.

:wow: 105 pounds. How????

Timeline

This is a very interesting debate today. I can see valid points to each side & there is truth in each. This is why it pays to hear both sides of a story to get better insight on an issue.

I'm sorry but I really think that statement of I love being Big and beautiful is BS. Go ahead..cuss me out. But it's pure BS. Everyone is beautiful..big small, thin. Being BIG doesn't equal being Ugly? No thin or "normal" size women have to go around saying I'm thin and beautiful. I'm just beautful. Okay maybe they do say I'm "thick"...lol. I think it's a confidence builder to say..hey I'm big and beautiful and I love it. Even Monique was cussing the skinny itches out and look she was working on losing weight herself. I'm not evening looking at it from a how you look stand point. I'm looking at it from a feeling miserable stand point. I know when I gained weight I was miserable..it was hard to walk up stairs and I didn't have a lot of energy.

i have to agree with KK

some women do feel beautiful and love themselves

but i beleive most live in denial

You know weight issues are a touchy subject for most people especially when you have been dealing with it for years. I don't usually talk about it I internalize it and work on it on my own, with that said it takes a lot for me to speak openly about it and you people are stressing me out! Everyone has their opinion, we all have said its not easy but for people who don't have weight issues always trying to tell others how THEY feel about themselves is BS. I for one am thick in the waist and cute in the face, no let me get it right I am beautiful plain and simple and I am happiest when I am a size 18 yeah I said it and that is plus size! I have a thick frame I have a big batty and big breast that's just how God Made me curvalicious and , no matter how much weight I lose they aren't going anywhere! Now if I go over over a 18-20 yes I am miserable but its still plus size. Everyone is different and you really can't generalize.

Look at Queen Latifah she is on the campaign one size healthy which is the great way to start the journey and I applaud her for that!

What if everyone was Plus size and the skinny folks were outcasts then what?

:thumbs::yes::yes:

Yeah but at the end of the day KK u cant save the world. U have to remember we’re all different and where as others don’t like the extra weight some of us do. For instance me (knocking on wood) as I say this I am healthy as a horse I shock my doc every time cuz by looking at my medical records there is nothing wrong with me. I have no signs of diabetes, no high blood pressure my cholesterol is fantastic. That is why she can’t recommend me for surgery she said you have to have some medical problems and I have none. Now is she worried some will occur down the line as I get older YES so she is really encouraging me to lose the weight so later in life all these things I just told you I don’t have I might end up having. But I also know people who were heavy and no health problems and then they lost the weight through surgery or what ever and now she is a mess. Also diabetes doesn’t only strike those obese its strikes you if your thin too it’s all in your eating habit s. It’s like different strokes for different folks so if you know someone such as myself who is satisfied leave me alone with all your health talks and such. It’s has to be my decision to lose the weight it has to be me who has had enough but just because you don’t like the way I look doesn’t mean I need to change a thing so if I like being BIG and beautiful just like some of you like being thin cool.

I'm sorry but I really think that statement of I love being Big and beautiful is BS. Go ahead..cuss me out. But it's pure BS. Everyone is beautiful..big small, thin. Being BIG doesn't equal being Ugly? No thin or "normal" size women have to go around saying I'm thin and beautiful. I'm just beautful. Okay maybe they do say I'm "thick"...lol. I think it's a confidence builder to say..hey I'm big and beautiful and I love it. Even Monique was cussing the skinny itches out and look she was working on losing weight herself. I'm not evening looking at it from a how you look stand point. I'm looking at it from a feeling miserable stand point. I know when I gained weight I was miserable..it was hard to walk up stairs and I didn't have a lot of energy.

But see KK that is you!!! U don’t like being big and a WHOLE bunch of woman don’t like being big. Its true but you know what besides health issues a lot of woman don’t like being big because of society. Society says its not cool to be big so you go with it. I’m not going to sit on here and debate how I feel about myself cuz I don’t have to I don’t have to prove anything to any one but there is not a thing wrong with me I’m an healthy BEAUTIFUL black woman and I’m cool with myself. I came out my moms pums big I have never been what society would call thin in my whole entire life. Big is all I know and I’m cool. Maybe it’s because I can dress my azz off or the facet at that I have never an I mean ever went anywhere and not had a g y try to hit on me. Now granted the men I have chose to hit on back haven’t been the best choices but still I as Philly would say is FABLOUS. Now don’t get me wrong there are times when I see an outfit and I say man I wish I was smaller so I can wear that or if I do buy something and it doesn’t look right yes I will say man I need to lose a few pounds to make this look better but I go right back to putting on something that does look nice on me and out the door I go.

I guess I have just accepted that I am big and that is all too it and I really am comfortable. Now I must admit I am worried about having health issues in the future where part of me is like ok Dada maybe it is time to work on your weight so you can live to see your grandkids but it would a health choice not for appearance. Sorry u tink mi chat phockery weh mi say mi criss wid who I am but just like the rest of society der u go thinking your way is the correct way. Such is life u have ur opinion and I have mine.

Oh and by the way if you get winded taking the steps next time use the elevator.

:rofl::rofl::yes:

Philly - don't stress out...you know your boss will have enough projects to accomplish that goal of stressing you out. :lol:

I understand everyone is different. I'm only speaking my opinion and from my experiences. It's just my opinion and not facts. I don't intend to offend anyone..but I felt like I could not fake this out. I have my own weight issues and I found that when I was like oh..I like myself and this and that...it usually was me trying to cover up that I failed on reaching my weight goal. I'm taking a better approach. I'm not losing weight because others want me but because I know I need to. I was shocked when the doctor classifed me as overweight. I fought it..like who are they talking to...umm..hmm I'm sexy so forget them. I'm from the South and everyone is my size 12/14. And you got picked on for being skinny. My skinny friends want to gain weight.

What's interesting is how the Plus Size women after they lose weight go on and on how miserable they were being heavy. But you would've never knew..cause they were Big and Beautiful.

That's my 2 cents.

Yep, you speak truth with your opinion too!

Everyone has a different perspective from whatever their personal experiences have been.

Okay....back to catching up....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
I guess it sounds easy to just eat less and work out more....lol!!!!

Some women at work are doing weight watcher...but when I have a lot of work I like to eat whatever I have a taste for.

Afternoon Everyone,

KK, that's what I LOVE about WW...you can eat whatever you have a taste for...just in moderation. I started a WW@ work program in June 2009. I am proud to say I've lost 20lbs since I started. (That's even with my vacation to JA!!) I did WW about 20 years ago and it didn't work for me...so up until this June I just kept writing it off! However, my co-workers kept raving...so I tried it and it actually works! I pretty much killed my poor thyroid from years of fad diets and yo-yoing weight. I can see myself sticking to WW b/c I never really feel deprived of having something I'm craving. Anyway just my $.02...but for anyone looking for a healthy way to lose weight...I would HIGHLY recommend it! :D

Congrats Gill :dance: I've joined WW a few times but never commit ......love the program though.

Tonks Shems! It's the tracking part that gets me! But at the end of the day I realize I like knowing everything I put in my mouth!

One of my BFs uses WW and it works for her. One of these days I think I will try it with her. She does the points thing.. and when she stays on track.. she loses. She had lost 40lbs... then quit smoking... BOOM 40lbs are back!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:wow::yes: That is SO true & I never quite thought about it that way before. Pretty shocking to think about it. You don't see severely obese old people because they don't live that long! Sadly, realizing that will still probably not be enough of a wake-up call for me. The one thing I know is that I LOVE West African dance & have a great passion for it. And I always say that if only I were much smaller, I would FLY! People often tell me I'm a good dancer but I can only imagine the heads I would turn if my body could keep up with my spirit. That is the one thing that keeps me motivated to keep trying....even more than wanting to look better, I want to FEEL better & be able to move my body like I could when I was younger.

It's okay Ells...only you can make that choice on your own time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.