SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It's okay, Finesse. I'm not bitter. Lessons learned. I don't regret the whole of it, just some of the parts. I wish him the very best life has to offer him.

what finesse REALLY wanted to ask was

is she black or white?

is she Jamaican or American?

is she fat or skinny?

is she cute or ugly?

what does she look like is Finessese for the above :rofl:

Ha ha.....she can ask.

She is black.

I don't know.

She is skinny except for her big pregnant belly

I saw a picture of her; but don't remember thinking anything at all about her. Monday, all I saw was the the little kid near my car really so I can't say again.

JG,

I'm sooo sorry. I didn't realize I'd been gone so long to have missed this. I think you guys were together for some time, but I'm glad you've healed. I'm sure I wouldn't be just yet

Thanks, R. It was a long time coming. Worked up to healing along the way.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
bunz~ copy and paste, why ya ask? b/c they responded with:

"... in order for them to do they processing" :whistle:

jg~ i wish i could pop over for some dinna. i hope someday we still can meet up, i feel like you're a big part of our whole visa journey. hell, you knew D before i even met him! weird huh?

oooh, ow dat one go?

Ha ha.....Finesse, you are so bad. Not like you think. Andre was best friends with Richard and Justecia's D and they worked together, same shifts. I saw and talked to them all the time. We all had some really good times in JA. I miss Richard and D a lot. 2 of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Also, 2 of the most TALKATIVE chatterboxes you will definately ever ever ever meet.

:rofl:

i also have become really good friends with hubbys friends from all the good times we had in JA. Wish they could come here. Anybody need a man?

Timeline
Well, I guess none of you will come over to my house for dinner anytime soon then. I just bought Mastering the Art of French Cooking and I'm on a mission to cook with my new pots and pans.

Were you inspired by "Julie & Julia"?

Yes. From the book. I want to make Beef Bourguignon like you wouldn't believe. And for some reason, calf liver.

Don't invite me that night.

Ha....I don't like it either. But, they fry it and bread it and fry it again and then sprinkle it with garlic and cheese. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Afternoon Yardies !!

I'm a bit sad today...my fiance's grandmother just died a little while ago..they took her to the hosipital this morning becuz she hasnt been eating and has been unresponsive to everything..they thought she had a stroke but the Dr. said she didn...they left the hospital went home and just a short time ago they got the news that she passed...so their on their way back to the hospital now..its a bit upsetting for me becuz i actually got a chance to meet her when i was there last month...he introduced me to her as " His wife" and she smiled and said "she"s beautiful"...i feel like i was just talking with her yesterday..but i know she's in a better place now .. (F)

So sorry to hear this Heaven my condolences

I like reading you say..mi husband :thumbs:

i like saying it!!!

what do ur child/children call ur SO, what will his kids call u??

we talked about this when we first got serious and we both agreed we didn't want anything too formal so we agreed the first name would be fine.. the judge that officiated our ceremony talked w/ us at length b4 marrying us and that was one of the topics.. he said that the children if they are not callling him daddy YET (he insisted they would eventually, which ive seen kids do, but i don't think mine will)

then they should call him mr roger or mr g.. he says it is respectful and i woudn't want mykids to call me myfirst name.. HECK NO!!!

i enjoyed the judge's talk, but we still have them call him roger, i could be mama quana? but that still sound silly.. we just like the informal way. i think he get respect from his actions not his name :blush: ???

Well they barely call him at all but when they do they call him Damian. I don't ever think it will get to that point of calling him Dad :( or any such title......

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I guess it sounds easy to just eat less and work out more....lol!!!!

Some women at work are doing weight watcher...but when I have a lot of work I like to eat whatever I have a taste for.

Afternoon Everyone,

KK, that's what I LOVE about WW...you can eat whatever you have a taste for...just in moderation. I started a WW@ work program in June 2009. I am proud to say I've lost 20lbs since I started. (That's even with my vacation to JA!!) I did WW about 20 years ago and it didn't work for me...so up until this June I just kept writing it off! However, my co-workers kept raving...so I tried it and it actually works! I pretty much killed my poor thyroid from years of fad diets and yo-yoing weight. I can see myself sticking to WW b/c I never really feel deprived of having something I'm craving. Anyway just my $.02...but for anyone looking for a healthy way to lose weight...I would HIGHLY recommend it! :D

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

jg~ i wish i could pop over for some dinna. i hope someday we still can meet up, i feel like you're a big part of our whole visa journey. hell, you knew D before i even met him! weird huh?

oooh, ow dat one go?

Ha ha.....Finesse, you are so bad. Not like you think. Andre was best friends with Richard and Justecia's D and they worked together, same shifts. I saw and talked to them all the time. We all had some really good times in JA. I miss Richard and D a lot. 2 of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Also, 2 of the most TALKATIVE chatterboxes you will definately ever ever ever meet.

i also have become really good friends with hubbys friends from all the good times we had in JA. Wish they could come here. Anybody need a man?

I was thinking the same thing....Richard is a catch!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
You are not that far away from me. I'll bring some leftovers on a plane sometime, if nothing else. But, yeah, we are going to meet up and visit regularly.

It is wierd. I've known him something like 6 years now. LOVE him and you know it. I miss his chattering sometimes. Richard without Andre and D is going to be soooooooo lost.

:star: lmao @ "sometimes" ~ mi man love to chat, tis true

"communication is very healthy, very necessary. ya get mi, ya feel mi ?"

if i had a dollar for everytime i've heard him say that-

his plane ticket (plus change fees) would have been paid for in full a year ago.

i can't wait for you to meet the lil one! i love him so much.

i talked with him the other day- 'daddy is yelling. daddy too loud! send biscuits please'

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i like saying it!!!

we talked about this when we first got serious and we both agreed we didn't want anything too formal so we agreed the first name would be fine.. the judge that officiated our ceremony talked w/ us at length b4 marrying us and that was one of the topics.. he said that the children if they are not callling him daddy YET (he insisted they would eventually, which ive seen kids do, but i don't think mine will)

then they should call him mr roger or mr g.. he says it is respectful and i woudn't want mykids to call me myfirst name.. HECK NO!!!

i enjoyed the judge's talk, but we still have them call him roger, i could be mama quana? but that still sound silly.. we just like the informal way. i think he get respect from his actions not his name :blush: ???

Quans,

I agree that was a tricky one. My boys call Ken...'Ken' or 'Steppy' (although I hear them call him 'Dad' to their friends :luv: and KJ calls me 'Mama too or two'...whatever...you get the drift! :lol:

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

]

Quana, it's quality of time, not quantity. You are going from alone to having him there 24/7. A little space is always a good thing.

One car or two? If one car, it works out well.

Also, there are things that can only be done during the day cause of their office hours. He can do some of that for you. And, you can cover when he is working.

5 day work weeks mean you should always have at least 2 nights off together.

Look at the positives of ALL situations instead of freaking out about the negatives. It will be fine, girlie.

But JG what about boobies.gif Only 2 nights a week nuh work LOL

Finesse mi tief yuh smiley haaaaa

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
q - my son calls hubby by his name....that will NEVER change. however, i have recently heard him refer to him as his step dad to his friends...which he never used to

my stepD calls me Finesse

Same here..my daugther refers to Damien as stepdad to her friends. But she refers to him as "your husband" whenever she talks about him to me. Her father isn't worth a wooden nickle but is her father. She will never call Damien daddy which is fine with me.

Timeline
]

Quana, it's quality of time, not quantity. You are going from alone to having him there 24/7. A little space is always a good thing.

One car or two? If one car, it works out well.

Also, there are things that can only be done during the day cause of their office hours. He can do some of that for you. And, you can cover when he is working.

5 day work weeks mean you should always have at least 2 nights off together.

Look at the positives of ALL situations instead of freaking out about the negatives. It will be fine, girlie.

But JG what about boobies.gif Only 2 nights a week nuh work LOL

Finesse mi tief yuh smiley haaaaa

q juss haffi go home fi lunch!!boobies.gif

Timeline

philly- maybe when they get older and more mature

heaven~ love and light to the whole family (((hugs)))

hotlegzzzzzzz~ how tragic! im so thankful everybody is ok. i can't imagine!

D's little one calls me mommy, his mom has only seen him a handful of times since he was born 2 1/2 years ago

Timeline

oooh, ow dat one go?

I was thinking the same thing....Richard is a catch!

Maybe - I'll let you know :devil:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

i like saying it!!!

Quans,

I agree that was a tricky one. My boys call Ken...'Ken' or 'Steppy' (although I hear them call him 'Dad' to their friends :luv: and KJ calls me 'Mama too or two'...whatever...you get the drift! :lol:

Bless,

Gill

I think "steppy" is so cute! If I could get it to stick Tierra would call Louis that! I saw you wrote that somewhere before and told Tierra about it... she used it like twice and forgot about it :(

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.