SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
While we're on the topic of sex, something just came to mind that hubby & I were discussing last night after I got home from school. He was feeling frisky & all I wanted to do was brush my teeth, start reading my book for class that we have to have 3 chapters read by next week & then go to bed. He asked when was the last time so I thought about it & said that it had been one week to the day exactly. (We had a busy weekend & too tired when we got home from everything.) He kept trying to work his charms until I finally said 'lef me!'. He asked what about tomorrow night & I said probably not because class goes even later & I'll be home even later & tired when I get home. So I said, "let's make a date for Friday night" & he tells me "no" & that it should just happen instead of us planning it. I told him that MANY people have to plan it due to busy schedules. So, how many of you have had to plan rendezvous??

I know the ladies are going to shoot me down so I’m ducking while saying this but I don’t believe in denying your husband of sex unless its that time of the month. Now I have at one time had four babies was going to school and working a full time job but if my hubby wanted some nookie he got it. I believed in never going to bed funky I tried to make sure I was always fresh and clean. Now of course at times I was under the weather and some days I was really tired but for the most part he got it. I now your busy and tired Ells you have a large load but try your best to give in when asked and he’s right who wants to plan to have sex?? That sounds so unfun. Like I have to make a reservation to get some azz from my own wife.. I’m with Lehi on this one but again this is just my TWO CENTS!!!!

i agree with this dada !!

Vermont Service Center:

** 5/8/2009 - I29F Sent to VSC

** 5/12/2009- I29F Received @ VSC

** 5/13/2009- NOA1 Mailed

** 5/14/2009- Check Cashed

** 5/21/2009- NOA1 Received by Mail

** 9/11/2009- NOA2 via Email * Approved*

** 9/15/2009 - NVC Recieved/ KNG Case # assigned

** 9/18/2009 - Case left NVC for Kingston

** 9/18/2009- Kingston Recieved Case

** 9/19/2009- NOA2 Received by Mail

** 9/25/2009- Packet 3 Sent via Jamaica mail

** 10/2/2009- Packet 3-4 Recieved via Email

** 10/2/2009- Interview Day Assigned * OCTOBER 27TH 2009 *[APPROVED]*

**10/13/2009- Medical Completed

**10/27/2009- Interview[ blue slipped for not having medical]

**11/16/2009- Medical Picked up in KNG

**11/24/2009- Appt at Embassy [ turn in medical]

**12/1/2009- Visa in Hand

**12/2/2009 POE : Ft. Lauderdale !!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
About 20 minutes after the call to Customs, Aron came up the escalator. I stood up and said "that's him...that's him". People started clapping...when he kissed me they started cheering and clapping louder. Aron was like what in the eff? I told him the whole story and how people felt sorry for me because I was still smiling even though tears were rolling down my face.

oh man reading that gave me goose bumps

go enjoy your man jawi

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
While we're on the topic of sex, something just came to mind that hubby & I were discussing last night after I got home from school. He was feeling frisky & all I wanted to do was brush my teeth, start reading my book for class that we have to have 3 chapters read by next week & then go to bed. He asked when was the last time so I thought about it & said that it had been one week to the day exactly. (We had a busy weekend & too tired when we got home from everything.) He kept trying to work his charms until I finally said 'lef me!'. He asked what about tomorrow night & I said probably not because class goes even later & I'll be home even later & tired when I get home. So I said, "let's make a date for Friday night" & he tells me "no" & that it should just happen instead of us planning it. I told him that MANY people have to plan it due to busy schedules. So, how many of you have had to plan rendezvous??

I know the ladies are going to shoot me down so I’m ducking while saying this but I don’t believe in denying your husband of sex unless its that time of the month. Now I have at one time had four babies was going to school and working a full time job but if my hubby wanted some nookie he got it. I believed in never going to bed funky I tried to make sure I was always fresh and clean. Now of course at times I was under the weather and some days I was really tired but for the most part he got it. I now your busy and tired Ells you have a large load but try your best to give in when asked and he’s right who wants to plan to have sex?? That sounds so unfun. Like I have to make a reservation to get some azz from my own wife.. I’m with Lehi on this one but again this is just my TWO CENTS!!!!

i agree with this dada !!

i'm on the fence kinda

in principle i agree with DaDa but i can see where ells is coming from

i suppose its about finding balance yunno

sometimes you have to decide to make a sacrifice

sometimes you have to decide to be spontaneous even if your every fiber is telling you to do something else

Edited by Bunzarelli

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

so lost so i definetly need some direction. I met my man in 2007 when he came up on work visa (this was his 2nd year) He left to go back to Jamaica so he could be with his son we took a "break" because i could not handle the distance but still talked every now then (when my phone bill was not gettin shut off for obsessive international calls) July 9th 2009 he proposed but i have not seen him since october of 2007 finances are keeping me from going to visit him and plus i am in school. What are my chances of getting him approved on the fiance visa im thinking of filing for him in like october or november so i can save the money for all the fees I have phone records for him calling me and me calling him im just so lost and hope that he gets approved because i miss him and can't wait to start planning our wedding

Timeline
so lost so i definetly need some direction. I met my man in 2007 when he came up on work visa (this was his 2nd year) He left to go back to Jamaica so he could be with his son we took a "break" because i could not handle the distance but still talked every now then (when my phone bill was not gettin shut off for obsessive international calls) July 9th 2009 he proposed but i have not seen him since october of 2007 finances are keeping me from going to visit him and plus i am in school. What are my chances of getting him approved on the fiance visa im thinking of filing for him in like october or november so i can save the money for all the fees I have phone records for him calling me and me calling him im just so lost and hope that he gets approved because i miss him and can't wait to start planning our wedding

First, let me say Welcome to VJ and the Yardie Forum--you will definitely get all your questions answered here! :star: Second, one of the major requirements in filing for the k1 is that you have to have seen your fiance in person within the last 2 years unless there was some religious reason (and you must have proof of that) as to why you couldn't. They're gonna question how you're going to marry someone that you haven't seen in the last 2 years. Doesn't matter that you have phone calls, because really you could be calling your cousin (not that I'm saying that's what's going on...this is strictly from an immigration fraud viewpoint). Also, when submitting the petition you're going to have to submit sufficient *proof* of your relationship. Phone bills are a start. But they're going to want to see pictures, passport stamps, photos, hotel receipts, flight coupons, sworn affidavits from friends attesting to the validity of the relationship (and how they've witnessed you together), etc. I understand the financial strain that this LDR can put on you. I have been doing this for YEARS! But is there absolutely NO way you can get down there before you try to file? Really, I don't think it can work until you do. Maybe when the other ladies come up here tomorrow they can offer some other advice, but IMO it's gonna be hard to prove the "genuine" relationship. Jamaica is one of those *high fraud* countries and they scrutinize everything! Good luck on your journey, and please feel free to keep chiming in and asking questions. If you need any help, let me know! :star:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

i will have to try i guess.....between now and the end of December when are the cheapest times to head down there for airfare and hotel reasons I am not comfortable staying in his moms house for obvious reasons

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Looks like you can get direct flights from New York for around $300 (not sure if that included tax. I picked random dates near the end of October on Expedia.)...

If this will be the only trip you make during the visa process, I recommend bringing multiple copies every document that he'll need to sign with you. Once you get close to going, check with us to verify you have all the docs with you that he'll need to sign. It can save you a lot of time throughout the process if you & he both have copies of the signed paperwork.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Well couldn't she file for him before October of this year?? That way she still satisfies the 2 year rule!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning all! TGIF!!

Jawi, I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome VRiley! I think making a trip would be important - I use farecast.com and farecompare.com, plus get emails from all the airlines- I just paid $245RT for September from NYC - you have to watch and grab the deals. What area does your fiance live in? There are inexpensive hotels -

Also, something you have to think about is the affidavit of support - if you are a student and can't afford a flight for 2 years, can you meet the income requirements for getting the visa, or do you have a co-sponsor? I would read the guides carefully before you move forward.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
I haven't caught up. The love you guys showed me today was capital AMAZING!!!! I love you all...I didn't realize that I had made that much of a positive impact on you all. Aron's plane got in at 4:30 PM instead of 4:50 PM...we did not leave the airport until 9:15 or so.

I was standing there all by myself and my neck started hurting from trying to watch all the crowds for him. I went over to this female Homeland Security Officer and asked her was there a delay in Customs...she responded yes about 2 and 1/2 hours...lots of international flights today. I went and stood behind the roped off Welcomes area...then I sat down on the floor indian style...then I stood up for a long time. I asked the same lady if she could get me some more info because I was in a lot of pain.

She referred me to the Info Center....they let me call Customs...the first guy was nonchalant but agreed to transfer me. By this time, I was openly sobbing and rubbing my neck while on hold. Another guy came on the phone and he said this is the wrong department but I will help you. He confirmed that Aron was indeed in the airport, that he was on the list to be processed but that there were a LOT of names on the list and it could take another 2 or more hours. I said can you get a message to him that his fiance is here but I was going to the car to wait for him.

He said yes and got the message to him. When I went back to the Welcome area...the Homeland Security officer had found me a wheelchair and rolled me over to her desk so I wouldn't have to crane my neck around other people. Then, she got me some advil and something to drink and eat. She was the nicest person I have met in a long time. We sat and people watched and laughed at questionable characters like we had been friends forever.

About 20 minutes after the call to Customs, Aron came up the escalator. I stood up and said "that's him...that's him". People started clapping...when he kissed me they started cheering and clapping louder. Aron was like what in the eff? I told him the whole story and how people felt sorry for me because I was still smiling even though tears were rolling down my face.

I'll catch up with guys a little later. Love you all and thanks for the support.

Awww Jawi, I just sat here and cried this morning!!! What a blessing! Sending love your way. Congrats to you and Aron! (L)

Timeline
i'm on the fence kinda

sometimes you have to decide to be spontaneous even if your every fiber is telling you to do something else

Im with you on this Bunz, finding balance can be hard to do.. It's mentally dranning but you do have to sacrifice sometimes.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning All.. TGIF!!!!!

Jawi I was on FB looking for an update and I got it. Its was like I coudln't sleep until I found out something. Girl I was about to call you but I didn't want interupt anything..lol

Even though I have only known you for a short ime I am so very very happy that A is with you.

Hey Newbie I feel your pain on high phone bills man at times I felt like I was paying everyone who worked there salary. U do use Digicel and Ringyard " The Cheapest Way to Call Jamaica" right?

Edited by DaDa

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I haven't caught up. The love you guys showed me today was capital AMAZING!!!! I love you all...I didn't realize that I had made that much of a positive impact on you all. Aron's plane got in at 4:30 PM instead of 4:50 PM...we did not leave the airport until 9:15 or so.

I was standing there all by myself and my neck started hurting from trying to watch all the crowds for him. I went over to this female Homeland Security Officer and asked her was there a delay in Customs...she responded yes about 2 and 1/2 hours...lots of international flights today. I went and stood behind the roped off Welcomes area...then I sat down on the floor indian style...then I stood up for a long time. I asked the same lady if she could get me some more info because I was in a lot of pain.

She referred me to the Info Center....they let me call Customs...the first guy was nonchalant but agreed to transfer me. By this time, I was openly sobbing and rubbing my neck while on hold. Another guy came on the phone and he said this is the wrong department but I will help you. He confirmed that Aron was indeed in the airport, that he was on the list to be processed but that there were a LOT of names on the list and it could take another 2 or more hours. I said can you get a message to him that his fiance is here but I was going to the car to wait for him.

He said yes and got the message to him. When I went back to the Welcome area...the Homeland Security officer had found me a wheelchair and rolled me over to her desk so I wouldn't have to crane my neck around other people. Then, she got me some advil and something to drink and eat. She was the nicest person I have met in a long time. We sat and people watched and laughed at questionable characters like we had been friends forever.

I'll catch up with guys a little later. Love you all and thanks for the support.

Awww Jawi, I just sat here and cried this morning!!! What a blessing! Sending love your way. Congrats to you and Aron! (L)

Double Awwww ..im doing the dance of joy for you Jawi!

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i'm on the fence kinda

Im with you on this Bunz, finding balance can be hard to do.. It's mentally dranning but you do have to sacrifice sometimes.

I'm with Da on this, once you're married your body isn't 100% yours anymore

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.