SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ok, who ave exciting weekend plans?

who ave a hot date?

Sat I have to go to the wedding of a co-worker - Her soon to be husband is an unemployed, recovering addict with 5 baby Mommas - Should be interesting.........

I ave a hot date on Sunday...............

does dj know?

Yup!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ell your photos are wonderful!! Love the pictures looks like you guys had a blast. 8/8 is the best wedding/anniversary day. In China the number 8 is so lucky. All the best in your marriage.

Enjoying peace and quiet now. My baby is asleep and hubby visiting home. Brings me back to the days sorda before marriage. :whistle: Tomorrow is my last official day of vacation off until the school year starts on Monday. Where did those 79 days of break go. It has been fun coming back and reading the board. I had taken break. Jawi I think sometimes everyone just needs a break. Goodluck with your mans arrival and all the best with the first year of adjustment status. Well I won't be able to come back as much when I go back to work and have two graduate fall classes. Bummer. See ya all on facebook though.

I will come back to read now and then but 30 pages a day too much to handle at times. :wacko: If anyone needs immigration help I am always here to guide in anyway.

Thanks Belwin! I didn't know it was a lucky date but I'm glad to know now!

Enjoy your last bit of calm for a while!

Stupid question....are we FB friends?? I have VJ friends but sometimes I don't always make the connection between VJ names & FB names. There are a few I can remember but so many I draw a blank on....my early alzheimer's kicking in.... :blink:

Ok.. so he can build HIS credit if I add him to MY bills and stuff?? WOW!!

Not any more!! That USED to be how things worked until Dec 2007....

I'm out of the loop, the joint account thing doesn't help anymore??

Dada - Lef mi man alone axeman.gif (although I agree, he is hot but he's mine waveass.gif )

Nells, congrats on being a grandmommy!

Ells, congrats on the wedding, looks like a wonderful day!

Thanks Sus! It was a great day....wish all of you could've been there! It would've been even more fun with a bunch of yardie sisters.

LOL @ the smileys warning to lef DJ alone! Now I know my man is handsome too but I still have to admire a nice looking man when I see one & DJ is gorgeous. He has those sexy bedroom eyes....you go girl! :whistle::thumbs:

JaP why did I read this as: I was so damn hard today....? I was about to respond I didn't know women could get "hard"...well I guess I'm joining you and Finesse in the lackasex department. I'm 5 days away from ending a year plus drought. I think they will hear us in China. I hope my sis will still watch the kiddos for the weekend. :dance:

:blink::rofl:

Afternoon Yardies!

Bway ya can chat so! Took me tiday & yestiday fi catch up.

I have a lot of replying to do so I'll just post a link real quick of a few wedding pics my friend took. I look like a giant cottonball but so ie go....at least hubby thinks I'm sexy. Let me know if this works:

http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=5790...7#s114140924087

Ells....you looked beautiful!!

Thanks Island!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
so what did he do.. i didn't really pay attention when ya'll was talking cuz i had never seen it..and still wouldn't have if my daughter hadn't been looking at kourtney and khloe.. lol.. she should have been philly's daughter, all the reality tv she watch..

i guess u can't help who u fall in love with..

what would ya'll do??

i feel so bad for her.. her mama must HATE that man..

if this is her FIRST marriage after all this time, he must have really swept her off her feet

i think she's kinda anxious to settle down

she said at the start of the show that she grew up around single mothers and most of her family are single mothers so she thought she would be fine with it

but she wants her daughter to grow up with a father figure

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
If not, fly them to me, Jawi. I'll watch them. (L)

JG you say the sweetest things...and I know you mean every word of it. Thanks.

Morning Yardies!

It's something about the inbred unconditional love they give that gets me every time. I've seen some of my dogs and cats do some really amazing things in my lifetime. It's not something you can put into words though. At least, I can't. When you know, you know.

I have had dogs growing up...but I never wanted the dog to sleep with me. When our last dog got sick and had to wear a diaper to stop nawing at her backside...I knew that I would never be able to stomach that stuff again.

As far as dogs go, I love them BUT, I'm really more of a 'dog lives outside' kinda person. If I had a dog, it would probably have a nice yard to run in & a very plush doghouse with bed but as far as staying inside, not so much. Just my preference. I'm a cat person though so within reason, a cat is allowed in & even at the foot of the bed (I love the purrs!). Just not on counter tops or sinks or other places designated for people. I enjoy animals & that unconditional love JG talks about but they're still animals.

Imma send all you animal haters some puppies and kittens :devil::lol:

Do you choose to block this application or ignore all requests from this poster?

:rofl::rofl:

Yes, everything went good! The weather was nice in the mid-90s & the ceremony was very short but sweet at the dam. A handful of friends from the Bay Area showed up & even played drums after the ceremony for a little bit. We then went to my friend's yard where the reception was & I'm pretty sure everyone had a fun time. My aunt said that she's been to many weddings and this was the funnest ever! My parents were dancing together & I don't think I'd ever seen that before. The food was great (tri-tip, jerk chicken, rice & peas & cabbage salad), the mojitos, rum punch & champagne were flowing & we had the Jamaican music representing. It was very 'Jamerican'! I didn't know what our cake was going to be but gave ideas of what I did & didn't like....it ended up being this yummy white cake w/buttercream frosting & shredded coconut on the outside. It was all very simple but beautiful. If planning a wedding wasn't so stressful, I'd want to do it again because the party was so much fun!

Congratulations and you look very pretty and happy. I'm now in the stress out mode you were in earlier. 9/9/09 is coming up so fast. My dress should be back from alterations tomorrow. My birdcage veil and floral headpiece are absolutely beautiful...I can't wait to try everything on together...and I get to do it before A gets here. Woo-HOOOOO!!!

Thanks Jawi! Hopefully you won't go through any of the last-minute 'questioning' that I did. Of course, I think it's pretty normal for people to get the jitters before taking the big plunge. Now, I feel totally calm about being married. You'll be there soon too....the big day goes by so fast but hopefully it will be lots of fun for you as well!

Thanks JaE...I agreed to let him come to the wedding because she was more important to me than proving that I still can't stand the sight of him. As far as A...he has already made up his mind. He doesn't like him at all, or what he has done to my sister. He sid bab you know I don't deal with phockery...your sister deserves so much more than he is giving her. I could let everything go if he wasn't still doing things to tear her down...and she continues to make excuses for his behavior like a battered woman. That is the ONLY thing he hasn't put her through. It makes me sick to my stomach...and I feel so responsible.

You and me are alike it that respect. You are a little brasher than me though, I have learnt to hold back. I do get my point across, but tend to be a bit more subtle...More power to you though!

I agree...I'm trying to work on the brashness. I get so passionate about this stuff...I have to learn how to stop caring so much and just let this place be an outlet and a place to have fun.

Jawi, you have to try really hard to give yourself a break as far as feeling responsible for your sis. Of course you love her & feel fiercely protective but as adults, we are each ultimately responsible for our own decisions that we make. I don't know the back story so maybe I'll be talking out of my a$$ but if you feel bad because she knows him because of you, well, you can't take that all on yourself. Whatever the case may be, it's still her choice to stay in a relationship that doesn't honor her & sometimes people have to go through some ####### to learn a certain lesson in life & maybe this is what she needs to go through right now. Like JaEnglish says, you can only be there to help her when the $hit hits the fan.

And, yes, you have to remember this place is an outlet for fun & info & even people just venting. I think we all get to caring about these people behind the screen even if we've never met in person. (I all the time talk about my 'visa friends' & people are like 'huh'??) And you should definitely keep telling it like you see/feel it because that's what makes you special. If some of us can't take it, oh well. Just don't let it all get to you so much because as much as women like to 'save the world', we can't save everyone so sometimes, as I said above, people just have to go through it to learn what they need to at that time in their lives. I know you care & that's what I (we) love about you....just don't let it get you upset. You need to stay positive to keep that healing going! :luv:

Hey Mrs....you got married on my eldest son's birthday...he turned 14. It is a special day. I don't think I will go through the questioning phase...we have had our rounds of him having second thoughts...me having second thoughts...we are both just ready now. He actually talks about it more than I do.

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel in Tybee Island (Savannah as last resort)...that they have actually stayed in? I'm reading Trip Advisor and beginning to think the entire city is a roach motel.

Thank you for your advice and I will heed it. I really needed to hear those words.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

jawi i wish i could come.. this has been a long time coming.. i feel like i know ya'll.. i was crushed when ya'll did the break and so happy when u said u were continuing w/ the k1.. i don't make my way to many events, but that one i def would.. NO DOUBT

Timeline
ells - love the pictures!!

jawi - morning to you! nice to see i've been on your mind already dis mawnin

why the frick does my coworker call in late like every other day?

Thanks Finesse!

But Jawi I might have to thief Finese from you. I never had white meat before hmm it might be time for something new. Finese you have an accent ??

:o:blink::rofl::rofl:

who ave a hot date?

Tonight I'm going to an African dance class & taking hubby so he can watch.....he's never seen me do my thing before so now he can sit & laugh afta mi.

Tomorrow we're driving down to Santa Cruz where some friends are having a 'Leo Party' in the park & drumming & dancing some more (my friends are all into the West African drum/dance scene) & then going to ANOTHER Leo Party at another friend's flat back in San Francisco. He'll probably be bored with it all except at least the party will have Cuban drumming as well as the West African drumming & a DJ in another room playing other genres.

Then on Sunday we'll be going to YET ANOTHER drum party across the bay in the Berkeley/Oakland hills at a park to celebrate two friends getting married at the courthouse on Monday. I'm bringing rum punch!

I don't think it will be a very restful weekend....and then school starts next week! UGH!

Timeline
Sus, did DJ get settled at home yesterday? (F)

From the two incoherent conversations we have had and the vm of him snoring last night (calls me in his sleep all the time), I am assuming so - He was wiped from the trip, so I should have more details later on.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

who ave a hot date?

I'm going out tonight. Just not sure where yet. May be meeting some friends at a mexican restaurant for drinks. And, then I have a date later with a fireman.

Tomorrow and Sunday.....the pool, some shopping, and seeing Julie & Julia. Softball late Sunday night.

work party tonight and I lost the invitation so now I have to call and get the directions :whistle: Then Two birthday parties sat and sun. yum cake.

Have a good date t with the fireman JG :)

Ells no weren't FB friends so I requested you as a friend my daughter is my profile picture.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey ya'll waving at

JAPrincess

Mrs. Palmer

Dancehallquana

NatPatBen

Dillon

Finesse

Bunzarelli

Ellsinlove

RegAl

Hope all is well with everyone. I'm doing good. Just finishing lunch and wanted to stop in.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
lisa rubs me good so far.. thats funny they trying to make sure they get a girl.. ppl w/ money can do ANYTHING.. i bet j lo did that too, doesn't she have boy and girl twins??? she said one whop and im thru..

Me too! Lisa's my favorite. But we may be the only two on here that like her.

Morning Good People Waving.gif

What about the bad people?

Tonight I'm going to an African dance class & taking hubby so he can watch.....he's never seen me do my thing before so now he can sit & laugh afta mi.

I'm sure he won't laugh at you. (Well, I don't know him, so I'm not really sure) He may want to join in!

Also, I'll have to send you a message about the school thing.

From the two incoherent conversations we have had and the vm of him snoring last night (calls me in his sleep all the time), I am assuming so - He was wiped from the trip, so I should have more details later on.

:lol: So he wakes up & dials, then falls back asleep while it's still rining??

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.