SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part17)

6,063 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
at first,this was something i had a hard time understanding. i wasn't sure if this was a jamaican cultural thing or just particular to my husband. hubby used to tell me that most men would NEVER do this type of housework so i should be thankful.....and i would be like #######??? i have never had that mentality of women do these kinds of things and men do those kinds of things. if something needs to be done, just do it. its not like i'm going around yelling that my husband does this or that. especially if we are both working fulltime......this home belongs to the both us....we are equally responsible. i am not going to work all day AND be the maid and the cook around this bytch...i don't expect hubby to do that either. we are a family and this is an equal partnership....a marraige is about compromise.....ur not always gonna like everything u do...

i agree finesse.. everybody should chip in.. shoot the "Men duties" have to be done WAYY less often,, NOT FAIR.. my american husband believed in women duties and men duties :wacko: , altho he did wash clothes.. (i took too long to get to them so him have no choice :devil: ) LOL

hi everyone.. hope all is well.. my youngest started 2nd grade today!!! YAYYYY. my oldest starts 7th later this mnth w/ everybody else in the world..

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
don't all or most mothers want what is best for their children? whether they have alterior motives or not? i have seen some things in this process with hubbys family/friends where I have been like ####### is going on here??? but i still like to live my life by giving people the benefit of the doubt. i just can't go around thinking the worst of everyone. i think you can do that w/out being naive or a fool. i try to have acceptance for everyone...even if they suck

I agree..except when it comes to my crazy MIL.. :rofl::whistle:

well, when u have history with someone who has given you grief and drama time and time again, that is one thing...i'm just saying in general...

Timeline
don't all or most mothers want what is best for their children? whether they have alterior motives or not? i have seen some things in this process with hubbys family/friends where I have been like ####### is going on here??? but i still like to live my life by giving people the benefit of the doubt. i just can't go around thinking the worst of everyone. i think you can do that w/out being naive or a fool. i try to have acceptance for everyone...even if they suck

I am with Kimmy

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

well, when u have history with someone who has given you grief and drama time and time again, that is one thing...i'm just saying in general...

mi know man...yuh no si mi agree..cho mek mi chat no man

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think most do... but sometimes they can be a bit selfish.

One of my aunts didn't marry this man because of his mother and his unwillingness to stand up to her or say "No." He's the only "child" (50 yrs old or so) and his mother is not married. She's very clingy & needy and seems to prefer that her only son spend all his energy on her instead of him being happy with another woman. To me, it's on HIM to set his mother straight, but he wouldn't, so my aunt broke it off.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
msTee, hope you don't feel like we're ganging up on you (esp since you're kinda new to the thread). Sometimes we tend to be a tiny bit nosy & commentative.

-----

Question: Has anyone rented a car out of the MBJ airport? If so, which company did you go with? I want to make sure the company I rent from is located at the airport and not some distance away.

No I dont feel that way at all, I take the good with the bad. I know that in the end of all this, things will work out the way God intends them to. His mom is good hearted I can tell Im a pretty good judge of character, but I don't put anything past anyone...Even good people have faults.

Yes and Ive known her for one year now and this is the first time something like this has happened. I think once the process is over, things will go back to the way they were. I still will have my guard up somewhat though.

at first,this was something i had a hard time understanding. i wasn't sure if this was a jamaican cultural thing or just particular to my husband. hubby used to tell me that most men would NEVER do this type of housework so i should be thankful.....and i would be like #######??? i have never had that mentality of women do these kinds of things and men do those kinds of things. if something needs to be done, just do it. its not like i'm going around yelling that my husband does this or that. especially if we are both working fulltime......this home belongs to the both us....we are equally responsible. i am not going to work all day AND be the maid and the cook around this bytch...i don't expect hubby to do that either. we are a family and this is an equal partnership....a marraige is about compromise.....ur not always gonna like everything u do...

i agree finesse.. everybody should chip in.. shoot the "Men duties" have to be done WAYY less often,, NOT FAIR.. my american husband believed in women duties and men duties :wacko: , altho he did wash clothes.. (i took too long to get to them so him have no choice :devil: ) LOL

hi everyone.. hope all is well.. my youngest started 2nd grade today!!! YAYYYY. my oldest starts 7th later this mnth w/ everybody else in the world..

Yay! 2nd grade rocks! I hope to get 2nd or third when I start to teach! :)

Timeline
uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

i cant sleep, i woke up thinking about august 19 :devil::innocent::devil:

so much to do b4 he gets here

i know it will all get done, but i get caught up in making mental list after list after list....

and so it goes, right?

WOW.. J.. i know u are going CRAZY this week.. 9 days and counting.. !!!!!!!

so happy for u!

Timeline
msTee, hope you don't feel like we're ganging up on you (esp since you're kinda new to the thread). Sometimes we tend to be a tiny bit nosy & commentative.

-----

Question: Has anyone rented a car out of the MBJ airport? If so, which company did you go with? I want to make sure the company I rent from is located at the airport and not some distance away.

No I dont feel that way at all, I take the good with the bad. I know that in the end of all this, things will work out the way God intends them to. His mom is good hearted I can tell Im a pretty good judge of character, but I don't put anything past anyone...Even good people have faults.

Yes and Ive known her for one year now and this is the first time something like this has happened. I think once the process is over, things will go back to the way they were. I still will have my guard up somewhat though.

Thank you for your thoughts and comments. I am going to learn so much from all this! I appreciate you guys...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ok, who have a new topic?

anybody else have MIL problem, marraige problem, pickney problem, adjustment problem?

who ave birthday, vacation, promotion, anniversary, divorce, wedding coming up?

who's feeling good, bad, happy, or sad?

oh yeah, where is ells?

Timeline
Apparently he had been before for chest pain (years ago) and they asked him to list all the things he ate leading up to that time. This time they asked the same and noticed that the common food was ackee.

I did research on ackee and found out that it can be dangerous:

"...Enough people have died from eating unripened ackee that it is illegal to bring the fruit into the U.S." (Source: The New York Times Sunday Magazine, October 12, 2008). It should be noted, however, that canned ackee is now available and legal to purchase in the U.S.

Eating unripe ackee can also cause Jamaican Vomiting Sickness, particularly for children or malnourished people.

I wonder if that's what happened. He mentioned that he felt like throwing up and also that he was very thirsty. (Yet kept telling me not to worry.)

You didn't know it was poisonous when not ripe?

roger just explained that to me.. he said alot of haitians won't eat it for that very reason.. philly?? my resident hatian know anything bout dat LOL..

Timeline

-----

Thank you for your thoughts and comments. I am going to learn so much from all this! I appreciate you guys...

All we are saying is be careful with any MIL involvement. Maybe we are just jaded; but some of us have had some pretty intense experiences with the MIL.

ok, who have a new topic?

anybody else have MIL problem, marraige problem, pickney problem, adjustment problem?

who ave birthday, vacation, promotion, anniversary, divorce, wedding coming up?

who's feeling good, bad, happy, or sad?

oh yeah, where is ells?

Ells is honeymooning somewhere......whether she left home or not!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.