uniquecouple

SPUTUM & CULTURE TESTS & RESULTS at St. Lukes

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to all VJ members,

As you can see, Im just new here and Im so glad I found this site as I am having worries about my culture result at St. Lukes which will be on the 2nd week of September. Before I had my medical, I was so confident that I will have no problem at all and would pass since I know I never had TB in my entire life. But I was wrong! St. Lukes did xray me twice same day during my medical, back and front (there's a terminology for the front but I forgot) for the reason that they have found something suspicious and abnormality in my xray. They found fibrosis on it according to the doctors therefore I had to underwent the three days SPUTUM test. I felt so devastated and could not help myself but cried! However, we felt so relieved when the sputum test came out NEGATIVE. Right now, we're just waiting for my CULTURE result and hoping and praying that with God's will it would be NEGATIVE as well.

Although, I've got a questions regarding this matter. I was wondering if it's normal or required for all patients to have a second xray before they have to undergo the sputum test? The doctor says it is 50/50 for the culture result. In other words, 50% would pass and 50% fails. Is it true? And how would you know if your culture test result is positive or negative? Either way, would they give you a hint when you call them?

Last question, my friend is in the same situation as mine. Only the different is, she had a spot and even took the medication for TB more than 3 years ago. But she passed the sputum test as well (negative) and just now waiting for her culture test result. Though the sputum was negative, she is still concern that she might failed the last one. My question is, how many percent that she would pass the culture test?

Any response and insight would be highly appreciated!

Thank you very much

i dont know anything about the test

but i can only wish u good luck

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Hi to all VJ members,

As you can see, Im just new here and Im so glad I found this site as I am having worries about my culture result at St. Lukes which will be on the 2nd week of September. Before I had my medical, I was so confident that I will have no problem at all and would pass since I know I never had TB in my entire life. But I was wrong! St. Lukes did xray me twice same day during my medical, back and front (there's a terminology for the front but I forgot) for the reason that they have found something suspicious and abnormality in my xray. They found fibrosis on it according to the doctors therefore I had to underwent the three days SPUTUM test. I felt so devastated and could not help myself but cried! However, we felt so relieved when the sputum test came out NEGATIVE. Right now, we're just waiting for my CULTURE result and hoping and praying that with God's will it would be NEGATIVE as well.

Although, I've got a questions regarding this matter. I was wondering if it's normal or required for all patients to have a second xray before they have to undergo the sputum test? The doctor says it is 50/50 for the culture result. In other words, 50% would pass and 50% fails. Is it true? And how would you know if your culture test result is positive or negative? Either way, would they give you a hint when you call them?

Last question, my friend is in the same situation as mine. Only the different is, she had a spot and even took the medication for TB more than 3 years ago. But she passed the sputum test as well (negative) and just now waiting for her culture test result. Though the sputum was negative, she is still concern that she might failed the last one. My question is, how many percent that she would pass the culture test?

Thank you very much

if they see an abnormality in your xray, st lukes will let you undergo a 3 -day sputum test and then you need to wait 2 months for the culture results. you will be given a piece of paper with the due date of your culture and you need to call them on the given date, if the result is negative, they will tell you to go back to slec for the shots. however if you get a call from the nurse before the due date, then most likely , you came out positive and will need to undergo 6 months of medications. they will only tell you to report for evaluation and will not give details over the fon. since your friend had undergone medications 3 yrs ago, theres a big possibility she will pass the culture test after 2 months. my advice is: dont worry too much, just take it one day at a time. keep praying and trust that everything will be done in Gods perfect time.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Timeline
Hi to all VJ members,

Thank you very much

if they see an abnormality in your xray, st lukes will let you undergo a 3 -day sputum test and then you need to wait 2 months for the culture results. you will be given a piece of paper with the due date of your culture and you need to call them on the given date, if the result is negative, they will tell you to go back to slec for the shots. however if you get a call from the nurse before the due date, then most likely , you came out positive and will need to undergo 6 months of medications. they will only tell you to report for evaluation and will not give details over the fon. since your friend had undergone medications 3 yrs ago, theres a big possibility she will pass the culture test after 2 months. my advice is: dont worry too much, just take it one day at a time. keep praying and trust that everything will be done in Gods perfect time.

hi sasha414, thanks a lot for your very informative respond. it really helps me to relax and ease my mind. yes, they let me underwent such a 3 day test and i was so relieved when the result (negative) came out on the pulmonary evaluation day. yes, st. lukes gave me a piece of paper with the date. thank you also for the encouragement to just keep on praying...you're exactly right, with His perfect time everything will be alright...and done. and thank you also for answering my friend's matter. for sure she'd feel relax too and her worries will go down with this information.

thank you and god bless

Filed: Timeline

Hi greatwife!

I am same yours too..all i thought i dont have any problem with my xray as well but i failed..what i did I had my chest xray last August 1 after July 13 and thanks God I am clear.. I am also negative with the pulmonary evaluation. Its normal to be worried but as they say nothing to fear off not unless you know now the result. I am setting my mind positively or else my negative thoughts will totally cause me into depression. Let's cheer up all will be fine in God's loving hands!

Hi! I know you are devastated by what happened in your x-ray. I go with sasha's post and I have the same feeling as you when I learned about my son. Every case is different, don't worry so much about the result of your culture. My son is on his 5th month of medication at St. Luke's now and I pray everyday that our worst nightmare will be over soon. This incident gave us so much hardship financially and emotionally. But what can we do? Except to follow the mandate of the US law and pray that one day my son will be with us. Keep the faith alive and good luck on the result of your culture, think positively. God bless you!

Timeline
Hi! I know you are devastated by what happened in your x-ray. I go with sasha's post and I have the same feeling as you when I learned about my son. Every case is different, don't worry so much about the result of your culture. My son is on his 5th month of medication at St. Luke's now and I pray everyday that our worst nightmare will be over soon. This incident gave us so much hardship financially and emotionally. But what can we do? Except to follow the mandate of the US law and pray that one day my son will be with us. Keep the faith alive and good luck on the result of your culture, think positively. God bless you!

as i was working for how many years before i met my husband. i had medical exams almost every year as the company requires and never had any problem with it. i may had some minor illness/infections such as cold/flu etc. but would these affect our lungs? st. lukes just screwed us up! they cost us money too but there's nothing we can do about it but to wait, pray and trust Him. thank you for your reply...that's what i am doing right now...thinking positive and praying to the Lord Almighty! God bless you too.

Edited by greatwife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.