4 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

I have a question. My wife (US citizen) applied for my adjustment. With I-864 we attached only her Tax return, paystabs, bank statements, our joint account bank statement. We were over poverty line.

But one month later we got the mail from USCIS that the income is below poverty line. My bank account is almost empty, I do have small investments, I do have work but I receive stocks, not salary (company is in a financial trouble). We both have our houses. And I think it can helps. So the question:

- if I will put evidences of my personal real estate do I need to fill in I-864A?

- Evidence of ownership - is Grant Deed (I can get copies of both- for my wife's house and for my own), evidence of value - is what??

Thank you!

07.06.2009 - I-130 and I-485 delivered to USCIS Chicago office

07.10.2009 - personal checks cashed out

07.13.2009 - NOAs received

07.17.2009 - NOA for biometrics received

08.06.2009 - Biometrics passed

09.24.2009 - AP was send to me

09.24.2009 - EAD print ordered

09.28.2009 - AP delivered by mail service

10.02.2009 - EAD delivered by mail service

11.03.2009 - Interview in CA office

11.22.2009 - Welcome lettter

11.27.2009 - GC delivered by mail. Yahoo!

Hi guys!

I have a question. My wife (US citizen) applied for my adjustment. With I-864 we attached only her Tax return, paystabs, bank statements, our joint account bank statement. We were over poverty line.

But one month later we got the mail from USCIS that the income is below poverty line. My bank account is almost empty, I do have small investments, I do have work but I receive stocks, not salary (company is in a financial trouble). We both have our houses. And I think it can helps. So the question:

- if I will put evidences of my personal real estate do I need to fill in I-864A?

- Evidence of ownership - is Grant Deed (I can get copies of both- for my wife's house and for my own), evidence of value - is what??

Thank you!

Tax return only? Did you include the W-2 for that year (tax return submitted).

Without that evidence, they would not consider the tax return as "income" and would generate "below" level response.

If you are using real estate, there are restrictions - read this FAQ

You may need to find a co-sponsor.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Hi guys!

Thank you!

Without that evidence, they would not consider the tax return as "income" and would generate "below" level response.

yes, I did include W-2. But my wife had own business this year and she had losses on 27K, after (Augist'08) she became an employee with 12,5K in W-2. So, do they look on losses? Or it's enough for them to see her paystabs and W-2?

Thank you for consultation!

07.06.2009 - I-130 and I-485 delivered to USCIS Chicago office

07.10.2009 - personal checks cashed out

07.13.2009 - NOAs received

07.17.2009 - NOA for biometrics received

08.06.2009 - Biometrics passed

09.24.2009 - AP was send to me

09.24.2009 - EAD print ordered

09.28.2009 - AP delivered by mail service

10.02.2009 - EAD delivered by mail service

11.03.2009 - Interview in CA office

11.22.2009 - Welcome lettter

11.27.2009 - GC delivered by mail. Yahoo!

Hi guys!

Thank you!

yes, I did include W-2. But my wife had own business this year and she had losses on 27K, after (Augist'08) she became an employee with 12,5K in W-2. So, do they look on losses? Or it's enough for them to see her paystabs and W-2?

Thank you for consultation!

If her current income (annual) is over the poverty level, that, with the rest of the evidence should of been enough.

You may need to get more evidence of her current income to show that she makes enough.

There are people here (pizzadude for one) that could answer your the loss question - business related.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.